• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
DTL HAS GRACED US WITH HIS PRESENCE AND INSIGHT!

Pretty sure I hurt my neck with the amount of head shaking I was doing when I read that.

Unrelated: Did anyone else notice this in the ED? Possible foreshadowing for Reimi and the alley?

jRfXSSe.jpg

cntr

Banned
It's funny how Heaven's Door had to be drawn on paper, then Rohan started drawing it in air or something, and then it straight up became a normal punch ghost stand.

Siegcram

I wonder if Araki ever licked a spider
He would probably eat one if asked:
Despite popular belief, Araki has stated that Rohan is not based off his person, and the two are vastly different. He does admit however, after being asked if he would lick a spider like Rohan, that he would eat really strange things if asked to, and that he really enjoys drawing skin peeling, which is the premise behind Heaven's Door.
From the Jojo wiki.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
From that other thread, Araki had drawn older Jojo's with new style, but I wonder - how would newer Jojos would look like with old style?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
When I first read Part 4 I hated Rohan, and I still kind of do---I could totally see him being a self-insert because he really does end up as kind of the "Poochy" in my opinion. Maybe the anime will make me appreciate him more.

Matsukaze

What's the source of that picture?
I believe it's from the stand-alone chapter in Part 7, in which Araki reviewed Stands, how they function with their Users, and other tidbits. I think (and I'm probably wrong, but who knows) it was supposed to be a refresher course in case the audience had forgotten certain things or thought Stands might work differently in the SBR-verse.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
what about Swole Josuk8

also they never really said of the universe at the end of Stone Ocean was the same one where SBR/JJL is taking place right
Yep. Though at this point I'd say it's implied that the two are unrelated. Otherwise you'd have to jump through some hoops to explain Irene.

And Swole Jojolion would be the easiest to imagine as he's literally just Jotaro + early part 4 Josuke.

Squishy3

One of the many reminders we ain't shonen no mo
I mean Jojo's was even pushing boundaries when it was still in Shonen Jump. I mean I guess HNK was in Shonen Jump too but Jojo's violence is a little more grotesque than that on a personal level and is just body horror.

HNK you're just going "Yeah Ken blow up that guy's head! ATATATATATATA"

cntr

Banned
In my experience, shounens have a lot of sexual fanservice, but they're usually played for gags and are accidents or "pervert" stereotype characters.

Actual sexual encounters between characters who're not stereotypes, those are seinen territory.

...yeah, I know, stupid distinction, but hey.

remz

Hot damn, Josefumi is savage.

Breaking that guy's shina dn then stamping his god damn head into the ground? beating the shit out of the other one before he even did anything? Josefumi doesn't give a fuuuuck

Damn, I hope the group working on it continues, but if they quit I wouldn't be surprised/blame them. Groups like this need some secondary source of revenue since they can't get paid off their main thing.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Jojolion ch. 53 spoilers.

So did Araki have an Araki moment with Karera's photograph of the three of them together? Kira didn't seem to recognize her and now he and Josefumi are both dead.

I feel like she's gonna be critical to the story - how so, who knows, but it's disappointing if Araki's already forgetting something that relatively recent.

Astral

So did Araki have an Araki moment with Karera's photograph of the three of them together? Kira didn't seem to recognize her and now he and Josefumi are both dead.

I feel like she's gonna be critical to the story - how so, who knows, but it's disappointing if Araki's already forgetting something that relatively recent.

Yeah I can't see how she can even take that picture now. How does Holly even eat the fruit now?

SUPERHYPERMEGA

Neo Member
Hey everyone, new to the board and found my way here of course.

Since it isn't specifically mentioned in the fantastic OT post - I was wondering if it would be worth mentioning that JJBA is currently being reprinted/released by Viz (which I'm sure a lot of the fans know) and is up to volume 2 of Battle Tendency - a great way to legitimately support and catch up with the series as well as get your hands on some new artwork and Q&A sessions with Araki.

Anyway, looking forward to hanging out!
joestar-run.gif

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

The only plausible thing I can think of is that
Karera is a yandere like Yukako and photoshopped herself into a random photograph with Josefumi and Kira

I hope the
photograph
and the mystery flashback man from the beginning of Jojolion are brought up again in the next chapter.

Matsukaze

Hey everyone, new to the board and found my way here of course.
---

Anyway, looking forward to hanging out!
Welcome aboard!

RE: New JoJolion chapter
Goddamn! Josefumi is one mean motherfucker when he gets angry! I actually laughed when
the twins got sent over the cliff and Yotsuyu just stood there like "Fuck! There goes my back-up."
. I'm very curious as to how Araki ties everything back together with
Karera (and Holly for that matter)

Also, I can't wait to see
Hato's
Stand, but I'm not sure whether to expect something bafflingly OP or hilariously narrow in function.

Godammit Araki. I'm hoping this is just a fake out that leads into segway of the 2nd half. Too many plot holes to be waived off as "I forgot" :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom