• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishy3

I really wish that Max Factory got the rights to make the regular poseable figures, SAS can be pretty gardbo sometimes.
The Killer Queen figure I have swears you can open his abs to put Stray Cat inside and I can't figure it out for the life of me.

It fucking has a diagram showing it and I can't do it without feeling like I'm going to break it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Is it really Josefumi and not Josephmi? Since I remember in a chapter ago the phone has that.

Also I guess the fight explains why the twins look like how they were when we saw them. With that said I thought
being buried in the hills with eyes would merge them like how the apple and orange were merged
, but then we see Kira's corpse early on the story.

Shame about the scanlation drama, I hope HWMN doesn't drop the series

what drama

Hatty

The people that normally scanlate it, HWMN, got beat out by a group on /a/ and they were not happy about it. You can read the essay Kewl wrote on the HWMN website for more info

The conversation about what they are changing King Crimson's name to in part 5 is weird for a no manga spoiler thread. It's going to be Emperor Crimson (Araki approved!)

Speaking of name changes, what the hell was up with Jean Pierre Eiffel in All Star Battle? Were they really worried that Michel Polnareff was coming for them?

They were worried Stray Cat wasn't too general enough to not be changed so I guess so.

Then again, I don't know dick about copyright laws.

Matsukaze

Speaking of name changes, what the hell was up with Jean Pierre Eiffel in All Star Battle? Were they really worried that Michel Polnareff was coming for them?
They were apparently as worried about Donovan taking them to court for a minor character who shows up for 1 or 2 minutes in Battle Tendency. There are definitely a few head-scratchers when it comes to renaming.

Echoes is another one; I know it's a Pink Floyd song, but I mean c'mon, it's such a common word. That's sue-able?

fertygo

They were apparently as worried about Donovan taking them to court for a minor character who shows up for 1 or 2 minutes in Battle Tendency. There are definitely a few head-scratchers when it comes to renaming.

Echoes is another one; I know it's a Pink Floyd song, but I mean c'mon, it's such a common word. That's sue-able?

I think once peep know its all about band shit, better safe than sorry

Viz is releasing the Stardust Crusaders Jojonium release, right? That wasn't just a fever dream, right?

I also hope Shueisha does it for the other parts, at least 4-6. That's the only way I can see them getting released in the West.

Viz is releasing the Stardust Crusaders Jojonium release, right? That wasn't just a fever dream, right?

I also hope Shueisha does it for the other parts, at least 4-6. That's the only way I can see them getting released in the West.

They are. Amazon lists it as coming out in November.

Boss Doggie

I never knew manga localizations also censor stuff. You'd think with manga being a bit more niche it won't be censored (especially when you consider how gory mainstream comics are).

Astral

I wonder if they'll keep Echoes' name for the sake of, well, sense in the crunchyroll subs. I mean, Koichi is straight up yelling "ECHOES!" Like, the word is mistakenly echoes so having the subs say Reverb would be too weird. Kureiji Daiyamondo is very different from Ekozu.

Hatty

I never knew manga localizations also censor stuff. You'd think with manga being a bit more niche it won't be censored (especially when you consider how gory mainstream comics are).

I think the only thing Viz censored was turning a dog into a giant rat
which is weird because a dead giant rat is more unsettling than a dead dog

Prince has the most things in JoJo named after him, doesn't he? Gold Experience, Paisley Park, Soft and Wet, one of Avdol's chickens. Araki is probably heartbroken.

Prince has the most things in JoJo named after him, doesn't he? Gold Experience, Paisley Park, Soft and Wet, one of Avdol's chickens. Araki is probably heartbroken.

Prince has 4 I think.
Queen has 5. Killer Queen, Sheer Heart Attack, Bites the Dust, Made in Heaven, Bohemian Rhapsody.
AC/DC has 5. Asidisi, Ballbreaker, Highway to Hell, D4C and the SBR arc High Voltage.
Jimi Hendrix has the most if you count Purple Haze Feedback where every Stand is named after Hendrix songs.

To whoever's the mod that deleted some of the spoiler posts in the anime thread, particularly the Bite the Dust winknudge, thank you for that. I thought maybe I could misled those into thinking its Jotato's stand but I guess that didn't (or would've) helped.

BtD's insanity needs to be experienced full force.

Matsukaze

To whoever's the mod that deleted some of the spoiler posts in the anime thread, particularly the Bite the Dust winknudge, thank you for that. I thought maybe I could misled those into thinking its Jotato's stand but I guess that didn't (or would've) helped.

BtD's insanity needs to be experienced full force.
I still don't understand the payoff for people who try to push their luck with hints and spoilers in the other thread. Sooner or later, someone's gonna really fuck up and ruin something for the anime-only crowd.

Boss Doggie

Prince has 4 I think.
Queen has 5. Killer Queen, Sheer Heart Attack, Bites the Dust, Made in Heaven, Bohemian Rhapsody.
AC/DC has 5. Asidisi, Ballbreaker, Highway to Hell, D4C and the SBR arc High Voltage.
Jimi Hendrix has the most if you count Purple Haze Feedback where every Stand is named after Hendrix songs.

wasn't there a song based on waking up the masters

They are. Amazon lists it as coming out in November.

Fantastic!

I still don't understand the payoff for people who try to push their luck with hints and spoilers in the other thread. Sooner or later, someone's gonna really fuck up and ruin something for the anime-only crowd.

Me neither. It's so fucking annoying. I find spoilerphobia pretty stupid as well but it seriously can't be that hard to just not post stuff like that.

Yeah, I try not to post there unless I'm specifically calling back to parts 1-3. Too easy to slip up and say something that only someone who had seen it would know, I don't want to ruin it for anyone.

I understand Part 3 being sort of common knowledge because the Capcom game existed, so people were more loose about it, but there's no reason for that in Part 4. Really, really hoping that they can get to Killer Queen's reveal without someone ruining it. That was one of my favorite parts of Part 4.

Ezalc

Prince has 4 I think.

Could have sworn Pink Floyd had a bunch of stuff besides Crazy Diamond as well. Seeing that two of my favorite bands: Queen and AC/DC have so many things named after them in Jojo is great, bow if only Araki would step up the Deep Purple representation besides Highway Star.

The episode ended exactly with Josuke defeating Keijo and the next ep is still Nijimura Brothers part 3. Where does that leave us in terms of pacing/chapter count? I can't check rn.

Also full version of Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town is out on Wednesday and I need it D:

Could have sworn Pink Floyd had a bunch of stuff besides Crazy Diamond as well. Seeing that two of my favorite bands: Queen and AC/DC have so many things named after them in Jojo is great, bow if only Araki would step up the Deep Purple representation besides Highway Star.

There's also Koichi's Echoes.

Squishy3

The episode ended exactly with Josuke defeating Keijo and the next ep is still Nijimura Brothers part 3. Where does that leave us in terms of pacing/chapter count? I can't check rn.

Also full version of Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town is out on Wednesday and I need it D:
7 chapters covered in this episode. So looks like we're going into Echoes in the middle of the next episode.

Don't forget that Red Hot Chili Peppers is also set up at the end of this fight as an antagonist.

Weird that Nijimura Bros is getting a Part 3. Isn't all that's left to talk about their father? They could have probably spiced that into next weeks episode like they did with Angelo getting rocked.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Weird that Nijimura Bros is getting a Part 3. Isn't all that's left to talk about their father? They could have probably spiced that into next weeks episode like they did with Angelo getting rocked.

It'll probably have the first few scenes of The Lock during the second half of the episode.

Squishy3

They can cover that and probably the beginning of Echoes, with a big fat "To Be Continued" on Koichi walking in the door to his house and seeing Tamami massaging his mom's shoulders.

And random thoughts, but Keicho seeing the egg crack and being intrigued might be an indication he's seen that type of Stand phenomenon before(and with the sudden appearance of RHCP...) I wouldn't be surprised if RHCP went through the same process as Echoes eventually does.

Matsukaze

Next week's episode is going to be something like:
1. Koichi and Josuke look for the bow and arrow, find Papa Nijimura instead
2. Keicho explains his dad got messed up by selling his soul to Dio
3. Okuyasu demands Keicho fork over the bow and arrow
4. Keicho gets zapped by RHCP

Then we'll probably lead into Echoes.

RE: Eyes of Heaven
My interest is exactly the same as it was for All Star Battle - I know going into it that I can expect it to feel repetitive and janky, but it's JoJo, so I can't say no.

I wonder if the US version of Eyes of Heaven adds a training and arcade mode. That game was a bummer compared to All Star Battle, didn't really stick with it.

Edit: They changed Pet Shop to Animal Shop? Oooookay then

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I liked the shading effect on Josuke's face when he lit his lighter and Bad Company's little army men were decent looking, but I kinda forgot how sparsely animated David's stuff is. There's very minimal character movement for a lot of what actually happened this episode tbh.

Boss Doggie

I can't wait for people in anime thread to realize Koichi's stand is actually more like a badmouthing tamagotchi

Ugh, tried to make a vague comment in the OT only for someone to reply with blatant spoilers, some people don't understand nuance.

In lieu of posting there, all of the name changes are still "Araki approved" right? Whatever that means. Did that ever mean anything?

Hatty

I doubt he approves every change but I could be wrong
I just don't want to think Araki approved Animal Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom