• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
It's amusing how dudes who wanna talk about the manga so bad in the anime thread don't actually fuck with this community at all.

Squishy3

At least we got "How ludicrous does this Stand shit get" today

That should be OT2 assuming we hit it for DiU or just be perma reserved for the Part 5 OT.

Actually, just keep it for the Part 5 OT because of GER and King Crimson.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's amusing how dudes who wanna talk about the manga so bad in the anime thread don't actually fuck with this community at all.
Why won't they post here anyway?

One week closer to punching spaghetti....nothing else in life matters but this.

it does make me wonder if plenty of the people with Stands in Morioh got that trauma of having something being shot in you

Matsukaze

I noticed that, too. I originally figured maybe they weren't up to date with JoJolion and were worried they might get spoiled here, but as time passes I no longer think that's the case.

One week closer to punching spaghetti....nothing else in life matters but this.
vB9B5.gif

Since part 5 is on my mind anyway, what the hell is up with the Rolling Stones arc? It's so damn random at the end of part 5. Is it supposed to be "One more adventure with the gang" for fun? Or is it just there to go "Bruno, Abbacchio, and Narancia were fated to die. FATED!"

Matsukaze

Since part 5 is on my mind anyway, what the hell is up with the Rolling Stones arc? It's so damn random at the end of part 5. Is it supposed to be "One more adventure with the gang" for fun? Or is it just there to go "Bruno, Abbacchio, and Narancia were fated to die. FATED!"
That's one of the reasons I think Part 5 has a weak endgame. It felt so awkward to suddenly force a prolonged flashback when Diavolo is down for the count and Giorno is ready to move on with life.

Don't even get me started on Narancia's death. I'm not even a Narancia fan, but that one just had me sitting there like "Really? Really? That's how it's gonna be?"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The holes heal up (since Angelo got shot in the mouth through the back of the head and it was gone afterwards), only RPS kid is weird and kept is hole.

it's the cat that makes me wonder more, I totally forgot about the kid

also don't stands vanish if the owner dies? how come stray cat is still around

then again there's Anubis, but with how they shown Anubis it's more like the user is the sword

Matsukaze

also don't stands vanish if the owner dies? how come stray cat is still aroundd
There are exceptions. Stray Cat was a Stand + User hybrid so that was weird to begin with, and then there's Notorious B.I.G. and D4C.

I really loathe Part 5 as a whole, may be my least favorite JoJo part (yes including Part 1).
Same. I know that part of my issues with Part 5 are probably wrapped up in translation quality, but I feel like it's a big dip in quality after Part 4 regardless.

Then again, Sex Pistols is my favorite Stand, so Part 5 isn't a total write-off.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Who honestly knows.

Like Matsukaze said, I originally thought it was because dudes weren't completely caught up, but that is clearly not the case after all.
It's a community thread

*Horrified gasping from the peanut gallery*

fertygo

Part 5 have the best fight, and this series all about fighting so there's that at least
And this part gonna benefit the most from anime I think

Btw winking contest at anime OT is fucking annoying, Tizoc please contact mod or something

Thud

It's getting a bit out of control yeah. Started out pretty innocent, but at this rate people are gonna spoil the amazing parts of DiU like Killer Queen.

Could have sworn Pink Floyd had a bunch of stuff besides Crazy Diamond as well. Seeing that two of my favorite bands: Queen and AC/DC have so many things named after them in Jojo is great, bow if only Araki would step up the Deep Purple representation besides Highway Star.

There's Echoes and Atom Heart Father in part 4.

Nottle

I really loathe Part 5 as a whole, may be my least favorite JoJo part (yes including Part 1).

I'm with you. Personally I disliked the main characters abilities. 2 of them just shoot things. Spice Girl seems dumb, Moody Blues seems useless in combat, and Giorno is over powered and inconsistent. Bucca is on point though. I had a hard time following the action panel to panel and I also really dislike the character designs. Part 5 has the strongest same face.

Thud

I don't know if it's the setting, but part 5 is one of my favorites. Well the ARI's and MUDA's helped of course.

Anyway subscribed to this thread, so I'll be posting here more often. Every new chapter of Jojolion gets me more excited as well.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Part 5 and 6 are about the same for me. It was getting too formulaic and I think that's prolly why Araki just hit the reset button for SBR (which is my fav)

Part 8 has been great though, love the mystery aspect.

Nottle

I'm really curious to see David handle part 5. They've done a great job with the (imo) more mundane parts of part 4.
I think pary 5 can be greatly fixed if the fix some of the inconsistencies. The use of color and movement will hopefully make some of the fights and powers make a bit more sense to me.i would love to see what King Crimson and Sticky Fingers look like animated. Also I want to see there version of Giorno's design. Despite being maybe my least favorite main character he has a fun design.

So when they get to part 6, how will they do Bohemian Rhapsody. I have yet to read that part myself but I've seen pictures. Legally how does that work?

I think pary 5 can be greatly fixed if the fix some of the inconsistencies. The use of color and movement will hopefully make some of the fights and powers make a bit more sense to me.i would love to see what King Crimson and Sticky Fingers look like animated. Also I want to see there version of Giorno's design. Despite being maybe my least favorite main character he has a fun design.

So when they get to part 6, how will they do Bohemian Rhapsody. I have yet to read that part myself but I've seen pictures. Legally how does that work?

Well, since the ones that actually battle are more of a public domain thing (I think) I guess they could easily leave those as is and make the more specific references as just "comic book superheroes" and "manga characters". I sure hope Anasui can keep his line about Mickey tho lol

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Invite her beneath a radio tower for a romantic evening. You both sit on the grass, staring up at the stars. Then you get up, and walk out of the radio tower. She asks where you are going but you don't hear her. You're free. You are finally free!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom