• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
jojo atsume
tumblr_o5bvejEH6e1tzglf4o2_400.png

tumblr_o5bvejEH6e1tzglf4o3_400.png

tumblr_o5bvejEH6e1tzglf4o1_400.png

tumblr_o5bvejEH6e1tzglf4o4_400.png

Tizoc

So seeing as Nijimura Bros. is a 3 parter, here's what I think will happen in this final ep.-
We see the father, CRIMSON FLARING JALAPENO PEPPERS is revealed, Jotaro gets a call from Akira and the ep. ends with the Lock on Koichi.

Squishy3

So seeing as Nijimura Bros. is a 3 parter, here's what I think will happen in this final ep.-
We see the father, CRIMSON FLARING JALAPENO PEPPERS is revealed, Jotaro gets a call from Akira and the ep. ends with the Lock on Koichi.
It's either that or it just ends on Koichi walking in the door and seeing Tamami giving his mom a back rub.

So this is a random question and nobody probably has an answer for it, but I figured I'd throw it out there for you to think about:

In my re-reading Part 3, how is Polnareff able to send SC into Josephs brain, when during his fight with Ebony Devil, it says that's his stand can't see where he can't?

So this is a random question and nobody probably has an answer for it, but I figured I'd throw it out there for you to think about:

In my re-reading Part 3, how is Polnareff able to send SC into Josephs brain, when during his fight with Ebony Devil, it says that's his stand can't see where he can't?

Didnt Jospeh use Hermit Purple on the tv nearby so that Kakyoin and Polnareff could see inside his body through that?

Qurupeke

I started reading Part 4 out of curiosity this morning, as I wanted to see how the Nijimura fight would conclude and I ended up reading the entire part. I really enjoyed it, it was certainly very unique. I felt that it kinda dragged a bit, as some stands were downright boring, but others were some of the series' best, so it balances out. The cat plant was the most bizarre thing in it.

I've already read Part 7 and I'm up to date on Part 8, so I guess I'll just read the remaining parts soon.

Astral

You know how if a Stand is injured the user is injured as well? If your Stand is swole and can lift heavy as fuck, does the user make the gains the Stand makes?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
You know how if a Stand is injured the user is injured as well? If your Stand is swole and can lift heavy as fuck, does the user make the gains the Stand makes?

No, a Stand can have a weak user while still being super swole. The only way that would work is if the Stand's ability can affect the user's own body.

The only example I can really think of off the top of my head is Diego's The World. The World is still relatively swole (by SBR standards, it's not on par with regular The World based on the different art styles) while Diego really isn't.

Astral

No, a Stand can have a weak user while still being super swole. The only way that would work is if the Stand's ability can affect the user's own body.

The only example I can really think of off the top of my head is Diego's The World. The World is still relatively swole (by SBR standards, it's not on par with regular The World based on the different art styles) while Diego really isn't.

But what if that's because he's not having The World lift? With as swole as The World is I'm sure he can lift more than Diego. Maybe if The World were to lift Diego can make some serious gains provided Stands can also eat. Or maybe your Stand can do all the lifting and you can just focus on the eating. Why am I thinking about this?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Looking back, part 1 and 2 were very visceral and gory compared to what we usually see. Usually nowadays we usually only see heads being ripped apart or objects being shoved into somebody, and maybe the occasional explosions, but back then we had bodies being split in half, head boomshots, melting bodies, bodies exploding with blood, etc.

Thud

No, it's gonna be Red Hot Chilli Dog.

I figured now was a good time to finally start part 8.

Holy shit why did i wait so long.

It's so good. Soft & Wet is up there with my favorite stands.

Squishy3

Looking back, part 1 and 2 were very visceral and gory compared to what we usually see. Usually nowadays we usually only see heads being ripped apart or objects being shoved into somebody, and maybe the occasional explosions, but back then we had bodies being split in half, head boomshots, melting bodies, bodies exploding with blood, etc.
Aside from stuff like Angelo biting off that dog's head, the level of violence is way more grounded and closer to something that could happen to you in every day life. Which is a little more cringe-inducing, at least for me.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I stay away from Part 8 because I'll read through it another time, reach where it leaves off, and have a grueling month-by-month wait for the story to decently progress...

I'd kill for weekly JoJo again. I started the manga as soon as it went monthly. :(

Aside from stuff like Angelo biting off that dog's head, the level of violence is way more grounded and closer to something that could happen to you in every day life. Which is a little more cringe-inducing, at least for me.

I disagree, the later Parts have a lot of creepy things that happen to folks that aren't that grounded and almost psychological---like all those prisoners dying by having their bodies swelled with water and of course SNAILS.

Hatty

I would agree with you except Stone Ocean happened with its weird plantmen and babies having half their face age rapidly. Also just recently When Joshuu melted down the sink where he probably belongs.

also this:
s1M6kMt.png

Matsukaze

Fugo stabbing Narancia in the cheek with a fork because he fucked up a math problem may still be my favorite overreaction in all JoJo (well, besides the spaghetti punch, if that counts). The violence is completely unnecessary to the point of it being laughable.

TheFlow

Banned
Decided to skip reading the manga since I heard the anime is pretty faithful. Glad I fucking did.

this is hands down one of my favorite mangas every. I just got to the part of Caesars death and man am I shook. even Wammu had to give him probs.

I haven't felt this excited about an anime since DBZ and Gurren. I hear part 3 is fucking fantastic

Decided to skip reading the manga since I heard the anime is pretty faithful. Glad I fucking did.

this is hands down one of my favorite mangas every. I just got to the part of Caesars death and man am I shook. even Wammu had to give him probs.

I haven't felt this excited about an anime since DBZ and Gurren. I hear part 3 is fucking fantastic

Might want to try the anime thread, lest something gets spoiled for you here

I would agree with you except Stone Ocean happened with its weird plantmen and babies having half their face age rapidly. Also just recently When Joshuu melted down the sink where he probably belongs.

also this:
s1M6kMt.png

"Kenzo never returned to earth."

You should look up Caesers death in the anime. It brought me to tears when I saw it. The music and voice acting is on point.

Squishy3

also this:
s1M6kMt.png
Yeah but like that stuff is just weird and not absurdist violence like people having heads explode or getting cut in half or stuff like the last vampire in Phantom Blood (can't remember his name) that has snakes living inside his head. Or even the early appearance of Jack the Ripper who makes his appearance by jumping out of a horse carcass and then sticking a knife through his cheeks.

The more personal violence I'd use as an example is from the latest set of Jojolion chapters where Damo cuts Norisuke with a yen bill, or the beginning of Stardust Crusaders when Kakyoin's making that nurse attack people with the fountain pen.

We went from HnK/MD Geist style ultraviolence to much more gruesome up close and personal violence. I can laugh at ultraviolence, not so much violence on a personal level.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Santana going into that soldier through his eyes is still the number one NOPE moment for me.

Hatty

I know Joshuu is a jerk but I hope he isn't dead. I mean he does belong in that sewer but I think it'd be a waste to kill him off

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I never like Joshuu too. Is he supposed to be Josuk8's Okuyasu? Because I thought femJotaro would fit that more. I mean, we already got femKoichi.

Matsukaze

I never like Joshuu too. Is he supposed to be Josuk8's Okuyasu? Because I thought femJotaro would fit that more. I mean, we already got femKoichi.
I always saw Joshuu more as alternate Rohan - he really wants to be close to his world's Hirose (in Joshuu's case, to a vile degree), but he has a natural disdain for his world's Josuke and doesn't like how close those two are. Joshuu also has Rohan's snobbish tendencies, only worse.

Matsukaze

I just don't see how Joshuu comes back from literally going down the drain. Unless we get a Joshuu in the sewers arc
Well, there are rats in sewers. Maybe this is where SBRverse Bug-Eaten appears. :p

Actually, a mini-arc in which Joshuu has to wade through shit and gets attacked by rats would be delightful.

cntr

Banned
I always saw Joshuu more as alternate Rohan - he really wants to be close to his world's Hirose (in Joshuu's case, to a vile degree), but he has a natural disdain for his world's Josuke and doesn't like how close those two are. Joshuu also has Rohan's snobbish tendencies, only worse.
Huh, makes sense

Squishy3

He'll show back up after Damo's defeated, covered in gunk and go "Guys, you wouldn't believe what just happened t- SHUT UP JOSHUU, NOBODY CARES! The adults are talking!"

I know Joshuu is a jerk but I hope he isn't dead. I mean he does belong in that sewer but I think it'd be a waste to kill him off

Eh we don't really have reason to believe anyone in the Higashikata house is dead. I mean, there exists the very real possibility that something in the sewers could accidentally kill the currently extremely soft Joshuu but we would've seen it by now I imagine. It's not the stand itself that kills people but whatever Damo does to their incredibly softened up body.

Ezalc

I mean even though Joshuu is a shit character, his stand is awesome and is named after somebody even more awesome. So I hope he redeems himself somehow and becomes less of a piece of garbage character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom