• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
That's not a manface, I dunno wtf you guys are on about haha

It definitely does look different. I think she looks cuter with a rounder, less "rough" appearance. I assume the artist was trying to capture her pre-prison demeanor. I can see where the taste might differ, however. The rest are almost inarguably fantastic, especially Johnny and Joseph

fertygo

Yeah its weird comment early Jolyne still have part 5 artstyle carried over where boys look like girl, now they actually girl

Late Stone Ocean is where the girl look more masculine

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Yeah, early SO Jolyne had a small / round - almost heart-shaped - face. Later SO is when she had sharper features.

Speaking of Jolyne, I had an idea for the inevitable 2026 part 6 anime OT.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean |OT| ORA ORA ORA ORA is the New Black

So file that away for a decade.

If it's still in the alternate universe

Dio never died

He's back

You know who else never died

latest

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So are the Part 4 subs officially using the same names that Namco gave/changed for All-Star Battle? I'm watching episode 5 now & Red Hot Chili Peppers has "Chili Pepper" in the sub, just like in All-Star Battle.

So are the Part 4 subs officially using the same names that Namco gave/changed for All-Star Battle? I'm watching episode 5 now & Red Hot Chili Peppers has "Chili Pepper" in the sub, just like in All-Star Battle.

Depends. Crunchyroll used Pet Shop and D'Arby no problems, whereas it's Darby and Animal Shop in the Bandai games. It's whatever risk they feel like taking.

But yeah I would imagine the CR subs are aiming for consistency among all the products.

Deadly Queen

I'm pretty lenient on name changes, but this one's gonna hurt the most.

Matsukaze

Seems so. Get ready for Deadly Queen and Feral Cat.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I noticed "Shining Diamond" as well at one point, so seeing "Chili Pepper" kind of supported my suspicion of using the ASB names.

It'll be interesting to see if Viz sticks to their older name changes from when they originally translated the manga or go with the All-Star Battle names since Namco got direct feedback from Araki on the name changes when the dub for Parts 3 & 4 come around. I think the Viz changes for Oingo & Boingo and Devo were actually carried over to ASB, but those were the only two that carried from the manga to the game.

Edit: Oh yeah, in the preview title for episode 6, it said Reverb, so yeah, it seems the ASB names are the ones that'll stick around for consistency & keeping Araki happy unlike the name changes in the Capcom fighter, which I heard he was very annoyed by since he wasn't told.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
re: Persona/Jojo conversation in the anime thread

Persona 5 stars a bunch of "morally ambiguous" thieves

Ah man, it took a minute to click with me, but now I can't wait for Persona 7 where we race across america against a cast of odd characters!

Astral

Someone refresh my memory. Does Okuyasu ever using The Hand in ways other than destroying space and Stray Cat's air bubbles? People in the anime OT are talking about how he might be able to kill his dad by directly swiping at him and destroying him but I have no idea if The Hand can actually do that. What happens if it scrapes a person directly? Would it have the same effect as Cream?

The Hand basically erases the space it touches. Don't get caught up on the whole 'gets transported to another dimension', just assume that whatever it touches is gone forever.

So knowing this, it kinda is like Vanilla Ice's/Creams own ability to erase space, except the Hand has the peculiar ability that whatever it erases, everything around it stays the same.

IE if there's a sign that says 'Thursday Friday Saturday' and The Hand erases 'Friday', then Thursday and Saturday are still together, just not separated because Friday was erased.

So for the example given, killing his dad, if the Hand swiped at his Dads stomach, then what would happen is that the dads breast would be attached to his pelvis because The Hand doesn't 'destroy', it essentially erases a space between objects. So theoretically his dad wouldn't heal since there is nothing to heal.

The Hand really is one of the strongest stands in the show. It just so happens Okuyasu is a bit of an idiot.

Astral

The Hand basically erases the space it touches. Don't get caught up on the whole 'gets transported to another dimension', just assume that whatever it touches is gone forever.

So knowing this, it kinda is like Vanilla Ice's/Creams own ability to erase space, except the Hand has the peculiar ability that whatever it erases, everything around it stays the same.

IE if there's a sign that says 'Thursday Friday Saturday' and The Hand erases 'Friday', then Thursday and Saturday are still together, just not separated because Friday was erased.

So for the example given, killing his dad, if the Hand swiped at his Dads stomach, then what would happen is that the dads breast would be attached to his pelvis because The Hand doesn't 'destroy', it essentially erases a space between objects. So theoretically his dad wouldn't heal since there is nothing to heal.

The Hand really is one of the strongest stands in the show. It just so happens Okuyasu is a bit of an idiot.

So he can pretty much erase a person's torso, making him only a head and limbs. That would kill a person. Okuyasu just never directly touches someone with The Hand's ability right? I'm trying to remember what he even did in his fight against Akira.

Siegcram

So he can pretty much erase a person's torso, making him only a head and limbs. That would kill a person. Okuyasu just never directly touches someone with The Hand's ability right? I'm trying to remember what he even did in his fight against Akira.
No he didn't. He came closest with RHCP, but fucked it up.

Anime only people still up in here and y'all still saying things like Gyro and Bruno are the MCs? Nothing will ever change in the Jojo community. :>

Btw the DUWANG anime is deliciously average, it hasn't seen to have blown up all that much either now everyone has read the manga.

Yonafunu

Anime only people still up in here and y'all still saying things like Gyro and Bruno are the MCs? Nothing will ever change in the Jojo community. :>

Btw the DUWANG anime is deliciously average, it hasn't seen to have blown up all that much either now everyone has read the manga.

?

This is the community thread...

People have said before that if youre anime only then go to the anime thread, this place WILL have spoilers

TheFlow

Banned
Is the orangutan in part 3 really a stand user?? It's like the creepiest thing I have ever encountered in this series. When it started smoking a cig I was done

It was "Heart Attack" in ASB, but Bite the Dust didn't change at all.

It had a SLIGHT change. They removed the "s" from "Bites"

....yes, that was the only change to "Bites the Dust" was "Bite the dust"

well that explains why i thought that
¯_(ツ)_/¯

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It had a SLIGHT change. They removed the "s" from "Bites"

....yes, that was the only change to "Bites the Dust" was "Bite the dust"

Matsukaze

If changing Bites the Dust to Bite the Dust is a sufficient alteration for legal purposes, how come Echoes couldn't be changed to Echo?

You're killing me, legal system. :p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think what gets me is "Echoes" is so much more ambiguous as to what it could be referencing (after Google, I guess a Pink Floyd song?), where as "Bites the Dust", most people would probably know what it meant.

But then again, they had to change "Weather Report" because that actually is a band name, which I had no idea of until I googled it.

....then there's the fact Gold Experience had to be changed, but another Prince song, Soft & Wet, was left alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom