• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matsukaze

-I have mixed feelings in regard to Diavolo, he's probably my least favorite main antagonist next to Kars.
Based on my own observations - It (almost) always seems that Kars and Diavolo are the bottom two villains when folks rank the JoJo antagonists. I expect the anime adaptation will do Diavolo a world of good in helping his standing with readers.

Kars is a lost cause, though. :p

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I remember thinking Diavolo was the gangster who helped Giorno out as a kid, that was never confirmed/deconfirmed but I still like to think that just because it gave Diavolo some much needed depth...

Beyond that the most interesting thing about him was his mother getting knocked up in an all-female prison...which I thought was gonna tie into Part 6 when I was a JoJo noob since I knew Part 6 took place in a prison.

I really like Part 5, and I wish so many people weren't so biased against it because of the Part 4/7 hivemind. I dunno how to describe how I feel about it in words but seeing it animated with (hopefully) good action key animators on board would do wonders.

I see a Part 5 anime premiering in October 2017. The Part 4 anime with no breaks will end on December 23rd, so I'm optimistic.

Matsukaze

Do we think they're going to fit all of Part 4 into 39 episodes?
At the start of the season, I would have said no way. Then, last week, I got bored at work and tried to plot it out, and it suddenly didn't seem as impossible as I thought. My incredibly crude attempt at charting the season:

Episode 8-10: Yukako and Love Deluxe
Episode 11: Let's Go Eat Italian
Episode 12-14: RHCP
Episode 15: Picked Up Something Bad + Mangaka House 1
Episode 16: Mangaka's House 2
Episode 17: Let's Go Hunting
Episode 18: Rohan's Adventure
Episode 20-21: Shigechi's Harvest
Episode 22: Kira Wants a Quiet Life
Episode 23: Yukako and Cinderella
Episode 24-26: Sheer Heart Attack
Episode 27: Atom Heart Father
Episode 28: (Kira's New Life 1) RPS Kid is Coming
Episode 29: (Kira's New Life 2) I am an Alien
Episode 30-31: Highway Star (maybe the start of Cat Who Loved Kira at 31's end?)
Episode 32: The Cat Who Loved Kira condensed with Let's Live on a Tower
Episode 33: Enigma Boy/My Dad is Not My Dad
Episode 34: Cheap Trick
Episode 35-36: Another One Bites the Dust
Episode 37-39: (w/ Overlap from AOBTD) Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable

It's rough as fuck, I admit, and the numbers are far from perfect, but who knows?

Grexeno

At the start of the season, I would have said no way. Then, last week, I got bored at work and tried to plot it out, and it suddenly didn't seem as impossible as I thought. My incredibly crude attempt at charting the season:

Episode 8-10: Yukako and Love Deluxe
Episode 11: Let's Go Eat Italian
Episode 12-14: RHCP
Episode 15: Picked Up Something Bad + Mangaka House 1
Episode 16: Mangaka's House 2
Episode 17: Let's Go Hunting
Episode 18: Rohan's Adventure
Episode 20-21: Shigechi's Harvest
Episode 22: Kira Wants a Quiet Life
Episode 23: Yukako and Cinderella
Episode 24-26: Sheer Heart Attack
Episode 27: Atom Heart Father
Episode 28: (Kira's New Life 1) RPS Kid is Coming
Episode 29: (Kira's New Life 2) I am an Alien
Episode 30-31: Highway Star
Episode 32: The Cat Who Loved Kira/Let's Live on a Tower
Episode 33: Enigma Boy/My Dad is Not My Dad
Episode 34: Cheap Trick
Episode 35-36: Another One Bites the Dust
Episode 37-39: Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable

It's rough as fuck, I admit, and the numbers are far from perfect, but who knows?
I don't think they're going to ever be able to fit more than 1 fight in a single episode.

cntr

Banned
1 - Josuke meets Jotaro
2 - Josuke meets Angelo
3-5 - Nijimura Brothers
6 - Echoes
7 - Surface
8-9 - Yukako
10 - Tonio
11-12 - RHCP
13 - The Baby
14-15 - Rohan
16 - The Rat Hunt
17 - Rohan's Adventure
18-19 - Harvest
20 - Kira Wants A Quiet Life
21 - Cinderella Salon
22-24 - Sheer Heart Attack
25 - Atom Heart Father
26 - RPS Kid
27 - I Am An Alien
28-29 - Highway Star
30 - The Cat Who Loved Kira
31 - Superfly
32 - Enigma Boy
33 - Cheap Trick
34-35 - Bites the Dust
36-38 - The Unbreakable Crazy Diamond
39 - Goodbye Morioh

That's my guess.

Squishy3

God help the poor soul's vocal cords that are gonna have to actually voice that in a year or two
I mean like assuming it translated to that amount of time they'd just have him do one mudamudamudamudamudamudamudamudamuda and then repeat that recording for as long as necessary.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Based on my own observations - It (almost) always seems that Kars and Diavolo are the bottom two villains when folks rank the JoJo antagonists. I expect the anime adaptation will do Diavolo a world of good in helping his standing with readers.

Kars is a lost cause, though. :p

The most interesting thing about Diavolo is his split personality relationship with Doppio. Other than that, he's just not interesting. Even his backstory is kinda bland when compared to most of the other main antagonists. I'll probably end up liking him a bit more once VA is animated, though.

And we all know what happened the last time someone tried to improve Kars.

JayEH

I really like Part 5, and I wish so many people weren't so biased against it because of the Part 4/7 hivemind. I dunno how to describe how I feel about it in words but seeing it animated with (hopefully) good action key animators on board would do wonders.

I see a Part 5 anime premiering in October 2017. The Part 4 anime with no breaks will end on December 23rd, so I'm optimistic.

I was really down on part 5 for a while until after I read Purple Haze Feedback and I remembered how awesome the cast is. Part 5 actually has my two favorite stands in it as well. It does have a lot of problems of course: I would have liked to see Giorno maybe interact with Jotaro or learn more about Dio and I wish Diavolo wasn't so underused. I feel the anime will change a lot of people's opinions on it since we will have some proper translations and I think some things will come off better across animated.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Eyes of Heaven demo out in the US

You can play as Jotaro Kujo, Noriaki Kakyoin, Josuke Higashikata, and Okuyasu Nijimura. It's different from the JPN demo in that it has the first chapter of Story Mode. Also has a save data bonus for the full game, though don't know what.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Eyes of Heaven demo out in the US

You can play as Jotaro Kujo, Noriaki Kakyoin, Josuke Higashikata, and Okuyasu Nijimura. It's different from the JPN demo in that it has the first chapter of Story Mode. Also has a save data bonus for the full game, though don't know what.

BERI NAISU ZANEEC

I'm sad it's digital only, but I'll take what I can get! I wonder if the save data thing is the P4 Jotaro.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Gematsu also mentioned the fact "all downloadable content" would be included, but all I recall was that first print copy bonus of Part 4 Jotaro. Hell, looking on the JPN PSN, I don't even see any DLC for it.

D-Man

Is there any chance for Eyes of Heaven to at least get a limited physical run on Amazon or something? I mean, I'll still get it even if it's digital only but it still bums me out.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Is there any chance for Eyes of Heaven to at least get a limited physical run on Amazon or something? I mean, I'll still get it even if it's digital only but it still bums me out.
I'm hoping/expecting the same thing considering that's what they did for All-Star Battle. I don't even recall even hearing any confirmation on the whole "digital only in US" deal.

The bonus is probably money like the demos for the JP version.
Ahh, good point. Not to mention that was the same bonus for the ASB demo here in the US.

Gematsu also mentioned the fact "all downloadable content" would be included, but all I recall was that first print copy bonus of Part 4 Jotaro. Hell, looking on the JPN PSN, I don't even see any DLC for it.

I saw this earlier and thought maybe they added some stuff after the game launched, but nope. Just Part 4 Jotaro and the special battles they have that let you unlock costumes like crossdressing Joseph.

There were like 6-7 of those missions and they were pretty hard. You needed to get an S rank to unlock the costumes and the enemies were at pretty high levels. You could buy them in the store but they were ridiculously expensive. Talking $2,000,000 when every other costume was around $40,000. Or whatever the in-game currency is.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
CjPFQrJWgAAdzFI.jpg

CjPPGT4UYAAbslo.jpg

Erigu

There were some extra missions as well (as RecRoulette pointed out). They don't show up on the Japanese store because they never were for sale, if I remember correctly: you had to use a code that was included with the first pressing.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Not enjoying stardust crusaders as much as season 2. Think is because the series is almost twice as long

That's a pretty common opinion to have, the pacing isn't as tight as part two's and the villain of the week formula suffers from having some very forgettable fights (something that is remedied in Diamond is Unbreakable, for the most part).

The second/Egypt half of Stardust Crusaders is better than the first half, so there's that to look forward to if you're not there yet.

TheFlow

Banned
That's a pretty common opinion to have, the pacing isn't as tight as part two's and the villain of the week formula suffers from having some very forgettable fights (something that is remedied in Diamond is Unbreakable, for the most part).

The second/Egypt half of Stardust Crusaders is better than the first half, so there's that to look forward to if you're not there yet.

I am episode 26 so you might be right.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm hearing some more name changes are (unsurprisingly) happening for Eyes of Heaven.

Polnareff, instead of having that silly "Eiffel" change, is just "Jean Pierre" now.

Pet Shop is now Animal Shop...which is another name Capcom was able to get away with.

cntr

Banned
You know, stand users are rare without the arrow. Pucci didn't have that arrow, but created a horde of stand user minions with Whitesnake, and has a big bag full of discs.

Pucci went on a world journey, beating up hundreds of stand users.

Pucci's Unusual Adventure, someone's gotta make that

Matsukaze

You know, stand users are rare without the arrow. Pucci didn't have that arrow, but created a horde of stand user minions with Whitesnake, and has a big bag full of discs.

Maybe some of them are the losers from Part 3. I could totally see Pucci traveling the world, hunting the Tarot and Egyptian God users who failed Dio-sama.

"Oingo and Boingo? Into the disc! Mariah? Into the disc!"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Trying the Eyes of Heaven demo out & how the hell do I get a higher rank for "Quality"??

At least you can have 2 S ranks, a D, & C, yet still end up with an overall S-rank at the end of battle, since rankings in Story Mode give you unlockables like more costumes, poses, & such.

jgminto

Turns out Eyes of Heaven is still bad in English. ASB was so much more fun, it also didn't feel like a game duct taped together from old assets. And I'd honestly rather read Jorge Joestar than this uninspired fanfic of a campaign in English.

Astral

I just played the Eyes of Heaven demo. That was so bad. I did two matches on free battle and turned it off. I thought my love for Jojo would justify a purchase but it clearly won't. ASB 2 is all we needed.

Since the OP of part 4 only has characters up to Antonio and they are already in remix territory, I would be shocked if they don't have a new (probably CG) OP ready to go once Rohan gets involved.

Trying the Eyes of Heaven demo out & how the hell do I get a higher rank for "Quality"??

At least you can have 2 S ranks, a D, & C, yet still end up with an overall S-rank at the end of battle, since rankings in Story Mode give you unlockables like more costumes, poses, & such.

Win really fast without getting hurt too much and win with a super attack or team attack. That's how you get the max rank.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
EoH demo was kinda confusing, but I can live with it for the craziness of story mode and the oozing fanservice.

Zubz

Banned
I played the EoH demo and, honestly, I would've just preferred All-Star Battle 2. The game feels like a bit of a mess, even if I'm still somewhat interested. If Amazon offers that DIO faceplate, I'll be in regardless, though.

... Huh. I'd watch that, honestly. Are we sure he didn't just linger in Morioh for a chunk of them, though? I mean, we don't hear much from the DU crew before the reset, right? And I don't think we see every stand in that bag, either. Granted, if he was there, though, you could almost guarantee he would've jumped at The Hand, and used it during his plan at some point, and in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom