• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
You know, stand users are rare without the arrow. Pucci didn't have that arrow, but created a horde of stand user minions with Whitesnake, and has a big bag full of discs.

Pucci went on a world journey, beating up hundreds of stand users.

Pucci's Unusual Adventure, someone's gotta make that
There's a Japanese fangame starring Diavolo where you go around collecting Stand discs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pTn4vUq1o

cntr

Banned
8a2.jpg

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I know you guys prolly already know this, but expect the worst. Japan has basically made a business out of horrible manga adaptations.

Thud

I know you guys prolly already know this, but expect the worst. Japan has basically made a business out of horrible manga adaptations.

It depends. I've seen adaptations that worked out great and some that fail horribly.

Of course SDC tends more on the action side, which doesn't translate that well in live action movies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I... don't like Eyes of Heaven as a game... at all.

Aesthetically it's beautiful. The OST is great. The fan service is great. But as a game it's shallow, janky, and boring.

I... don't like Eyes of Heaven as a game... at all.

Aesthetically it's beautiful. The OST is great. The fan service is great. But as a game it's shallow, janky, and boring.

Yeah, it's a real weird thing. It feels like they really phoned in the gameplay compared to other games in the series. It's a shame, because some characters are way more fun to play in 3D than in 2D (Narancia for example), but after I finished the game I really didn't have any reason to keep playing it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I actually feel like the OST is a huge step down from ASB. Granted, there's still some good themes in there (I totally dig Pet Shop's theme), but ASB just had a lot more "damn, this is a good song" music.

It also doesn't feel as "cinematic" compared to the crazy camera angles when you performed certain attacks (mainly the Heat Heart attacks) unless you team up certain characters for unique dual attacks.

cntr

Banned
Holy shit, I just realized.

The Saint's Corpse transfers "fortune", by throwing misfortune to someone else.

In Part 8's flashback, Johnny uses it to cure his wife and son, but dies in return by having the trees on the road gain a Stand.

That's what's Shakedown Road is. A stand that gives you "fortune" by having you scam another, who then scams someone else so it all balances out.

Crocodile

Jack Black teaches his students the virtues of Roundabout

Also

CidBgw-UgAEzvj9.jpg

Source

I actually feel like the OST is a huge step down from ASB. Granted, there's still some good themes in there (I totally dig Pet Shop's theme), but ASB just had a lot more "damn, this is a good song" music.

It also doesn't feel as "cinematic" compared to the crazy camera angles when you performed certain attacks (mainly the Heat Heart attacks) unless you team up certain characters for unique dual attacks.

I've run into the OSTs for both Jojo games on Youtube and I'm not sure I agree with this assessment. I think they are about equally good with strong and weak tracks abound.

Matsukaze

Overall, I see them as basically equal to one another.

For specific character themes, I think some characters got a definite downgrade in EoH (Diavolo and Kosaku-Kira, for example) while others have much better songs in EoH than they did in ASB (like normal Kira and Wham). And other characters got lucky and got great themes in both (Funny Valentine, DiU Josuke, etc).

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I would love to live in a reality where Jojo was responsible for the worlds greatest bands and songs of all time.

Made in Heaven restarted the universe but took all the Stand users with him. A great battle took place and their names are written in legend. Many rock bands proceeded to take these names for themselves.

Tried the Eyes of Heaven demo.

I feel like I've done this dance before. Love the fan-service but gameplay, while having some damn good potential, is held back by a lot of things. Even more so than in All Star Battle. What is with the absurd amount of recovery frames on everything?

The exploration stages just tease me on my dream Jojo Puzzle-Action-Platformer.

KingDirk

Guys, I am loving Part 8 so, so much but how on earth did "Fun, Fun, Fun"'s user capture Kira in the timeline revealed for Jo2uke's " birth" revealed in the past few chapters? Is this just one of those plot holes I have to let go?

Squishy3

Chased sounds like it has the potential to be as good as end of the world if it updates to reveal kira and then a special version for the end of the cour at the end of sheer heart attack

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So they changed Pearl Jam's name again. Instead of "Opal Jam", it's "Pole Jam".

Either way, holy crap we finally got punching spaghetti animated.

hupla

I feel like people keeping up with the Anime are gonna be super mad about the state of Joseph lmao.

Also sad to see so many people unable to appreciate the most recent episode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom