• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Italian Food is going to be an extreme point of tension in the OT thread, it was hyped up so much it's sort of funny seeing people go "meh".

Italian food is fun and all but the most hype part for me was the end. I can't wait for people who hated Part 3 Joseph to see him in Part 4.

The new opening now brings up a question, will the ending song change? I'm 100% sure the visuals will, but will the song change too?

Smash Mouth is still a threat.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like people keeping up with the Anime are gonna be super mad about the state of Joseph lmao.

Also sad to see so many people unable to appreciate the most recent episode

I'm hoping that the anime episode featuring the invisible baby will improve the general attitude towards part 4 Joseph when it airs, seeing the animated version of how Joseph tries to look cool in front of Josuke might change the negativity about his senility around.

Siegcram

I feel like people keeping up with the Anime are gonna be super mad about the state of Joseph lmao.

Anime thread is gonna be a salt mine when confronted with useless Joseph.
Constant Joseph love fest over there. My over-under on the use of "character assassination" is over 9000.

Ezalc

Anime thread is gonna be a salt mine when confronted with useless Joseph.
Constant Joseph love fest over there. My over-under on the use of "character assassination" is over 9000.

Well he is the best Jojo so it makes sense, but this is all because he was lazy and didn't continue ripple training.

Tizoc

So yeah RHCP is very likely gonna be a 3 parter, if not 2 parter.
Actually make it 2 parts being RHCP and the 3rd part being about finding Shizuka Joestar.
Following that we have
2 parter for Hirohiko Araki
RATT
Rohan and Koichi's friendship frolicking in a haunted alleyway
Harvest (2 parter?)
David Bowie enters the scene (2 parter)
Cinderella
Sheer Heart Attack (3 parts)

Atom Heart Father would be 1 episode

Course the first of the Stands that Yoshikage Sr. awakens is Rock Paper Scissors kid ;) so yeah give it 3 months for the most batshit battle in this Part alone.

Hatty

Italian food isn't the best encounter in Part 4 but I feel like it's the point where the Part finds its identity. If people find it "meh" I'm not sure they'll enjoy the rest of DiU

Matsukaze

I mentioned a couple months ago (I think it was that long ago) that if there is one thing likely to trigger a thread derail (besides a major spoiler), it will be when people react to Joseph. There's like a 90% chance that Joseph diehards are going to be crying "character assassination" until they're blue in the face.

RE: Today's episode
If people can't enjoy the spaghetti punch, then those folks have completely misunderstood how bizarre JoJo's BIZARRE Adventure really is.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Had to get some Italian for dinner while watching today's ep.

There's like a 90% chance that Joseph diehards are going to be crying "character assassination" until they're blue in the face.

People were already crying in the other thread about character assassination because of Joseph's extramarital affair.

Anime-only types, y'all.
uZTue0u.png

Lernaean

Banned
Well he is the best Jojo so it makes sense, but this is all because he was lazy and didn't continue ripple training.

He is definitely NOT the best Jojo.
Anime only fans gonna cry so hard next week when they see the senile old man shitting his diapers, they'll develop stands of their own.

Thud

Ageing sucks in manga form. Interesting to see, hard to watch as a fan.

One of the reasons I liked this part the least, but then you have that killer queen sequence.

Battle of patience. At least they should watch the rohan episode.

Seeing all this return of Joseph hype from anime only viewers is something.
Can only see the bitter and depressing disappointing that the new Joseph isn't their idolised hero from Battle Tendency.

Manga part 4 Joseph was always depressing read, seeing his senile and fragile he was

jgminto

The stuff with Joseph is great in Part 4. Seeing his condition and relationship with Josuke improve is much more interesting than when he was a joker who could instantly solve any problem.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So in the far future, after they finish the anime version of Steel Ball Run, would you want to see a Jorge Joestar movie? Based on that insane (non-canon) novel.

dani_dc

The stuff with Joseph is great in Part 4. Seeing his condition and relationship with Josuke improve is much more interesting than when he was a joker who could instantly solve any problem.

Yup, the only true fault of Part 4 is that we barely get to see Josuke and Joseph interacting ater "Invisible Baby" episode.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
So in the far future, after they finish the anime version of Steel Ball Run, would you want to see a Jorge Joestar movie? Based on that insane (non-canon) novel.
Yes. The writer could direct it since he did direct several anime short. That mean, 100% unifltered insanity

jgminto

I don't think I'd want to see reference to Jolyne in Part 4, David P has been good with adding stuff that fits with the individual part an develops the characters. Referencing Jolyne in Morioh is something a low quality LN or other non-canon spinoff would do and Eyes of Heaven only hurt my interest in the possibility.

Siegcram

I don't think they'd skip to parts too far in the future for references.

All I want is Rohan giving Koichi the ability to speak italian at the end of Part 4.

cntr

Banned
yeah I don't actually expect them to reference Jolyne, except maybe hidden-arrow-type hints.

We'll just end with Koichi arriving in Italy and a half-hidden Giorno noticing him.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I don't think I'd want to see reference to Jolyne in Part 4, David P has been good with adding stuff that fits with the individual part an develops the characters. Referencing Jolyne in Morioh is something a low quality LN or other non-canon spinoff would do and Eyes of Heaven only hurt my interest in the possibility.

besides, I don't think Jotaro is old enough to have Jolyne during that time I think?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
No, Jolyne was alive during the events of DiU. I think she would have been 6 or 7.
And I'd be fine with a Jolyne tease, not that I think it will happen.

How long was the gap between 3 and 4 anyway? Does this mean Jotaro married someone in his early twenties?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
If anything I hope the reverse happens and we see older Josuke/Giorno in Part 6, at least a glimpse. One of the biggest letdowns of Part 6. Especially since Giorno's brothers are in it. And he runs a huge mafia...

cntr

Banned
There's also Purple Haze Feedback, which is all but canon, since it's a novel that resolves Fugo's story. Wouldn't be surprised if that got the OVA treatment with Part 5's anime.

JayEH

If anything I hope the reverse happens and we see older Josuke/Giorno in Part 6, at least a glimpse. One of the biggest letdowns of Part 6. Especially since Giorno's brothers are in it. And he runs a huge mafia...

There's evidence that Giorno was supposed to show up. I don't know why it got axed. Would have made for some hilarious conversations and great battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom