• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Meanwhile, in Italy:

Mista: "Hey Giorno."
Giorno: "Yes, Mista?"
Mista: "Daffy Duck is trying to kill us."
Giorno: "I see that, Mista."

Later:

Mista: "Hey Giorno."
Giorno: "Yes, Mista?"
Mista: "We're falling off the planet."
Giorno: "I see that, Mista."
As an Italian, I see nothing unusual here.

The end of Stone Ocean is ridiculous and I love it.

901.jpg

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Want to chime in and add that Jolyne's möbius strip scene is one of my favorite parts about Stone Ocean's endgame. A total "fuck you, I'm still standing here" moment.

Also, today's episode was not good. Even beyond the three apathetically running in the field, some of this material was funny in the manga, but not here.

Nottle

To be fair, the likelihood of nonsensical things happening in Florida seems much higher than anywhere else in the world.
As a Floridian myself, Pucci's entire backstory is the most Florida man thing possible. "Black clubbed foot evangelical Florida man hires secret klansman to break up relationship between his sister and his long lost secret mixed brother. Things get out of hand."

Like that is one of 3 things:

Florida news, a Jojo backstory, the plot to the next Coen Brothers film.

Squishy3

As a Floridian myself, Pucci's entire backstory is the most Florida man thing possible. "Black clubbed foot evangelical Florida man hires secret klansman to break up relationship between his sister and his long lost secret mixed brother. Things get out of hand."

Like that is one of 3 things:

Florida news, a Jojo backstory, the plot to the next Coen Brothers film.
Don't forget Donatello's backstory just being Holes

Matsukaze

Horses are extremely difficult to animate well.

Steel Ball Run is literally all horses all the time.

David Pro am cry
They'll cheat with the animations and just have the horses go up and down whenever possible, like the ones on a carousel. Half the audience will be too distracted by the magnificent Gyro to notice. :p

Horses are extremely difficult to animate well.

Steel Ball Run is literally all horses all the time.

David Pro am cry

Highway star will be their first test.

Someone over at David pro needs to fight a way to blend the copious amounts of dialouge with the split second pacing of the fights. If the recent RHCP episode was any indication, they still have a ways to go.

Squishy3

Someone over at David pro needs to fight a way to blend the copious amounts of dialouge with the split second pacing of the fights.
Still will probably never get anywhere near as bad as "it's been 3 minutes since the operation began" in Hunter x Hunter.

This is stated after like 10 episodes have passed since said operation began.

Still will probably never get anywhere near as bad as "it's been 1 minute since the operation began" in Hunter x Hunter.

This is stated after like 10 episodes have passed since said operation began.

"Anime time" has kind of been an industry wide problem for decades. The dialogue that we can read in a split second panel will usually be translated into a much longer line in anime.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
There's also long running Detective Conan, a manga that has spanned over a decade, but the author says only a few months have passed.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Nothing can top Akagi.
Akagi and Washizu fight been going on for 18 years in real life, in the manga, its only been a couple of hours

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Considering Namco was able to get away with Soft & Wet (though granted, we need to see if they kept it in Eyes of Heaven) in All-Star Battle, maybe it won't get changed for the anime.

......though how they had to chance one Prince reference but let another alone is just puzzling.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I wonder if RHCP would be 3 parts or 2, though I guess 3 seems more likely.

Can't wait for anime reactions on the rat Stand lol

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
There's no way to split the rest into 2.

Yeah, the fight would have to be really stretched out if it ended up being more than two episodes, it's only eight chapters long and the first four were covered in the first episode. I doubt it'll happen, but I suppose the section with Okuyasu punching Akira on the boat could be put bundled into the invisible baby episode, even if the latter would be better on its own.

Grexeno

Yeah, the fight would have to be really stretched out if it ended up being more than two episodes, it's only eight chapters long and the first four were covered in the first episode. I doubt it'll happen, but I suppose the section with Okuyasu punching Akira on the boat could be put bundled into the invisible baby episode, even if the latter would be better on its own.
There's no way that Josuke walking off the boat with Joseph can be put anywhere but the end of the episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom