• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I think he might have turned into a rock when he died. Like the other dude that got hit by the bus (That's still my favorite end to a fight in Jojolion)

Oh right I forgot that he also turned to stone when he got Kira'd. So weird to see human gore on rocks lol

About that:
Tsurugi is Joubin's son, not his brother. So Hato and Daiya are Tsurugi's aunts, Joshuu is his uncle, and Norisuke his gramps. We have met his mother, Mitsuba, at the very beginning of the arc.

Oh right. Stupid me. Figures there was some major detail I was forgetting.

Boss Doggie

Was gonna post this in anime thread since it has happened there, but it might be spoilery for their tastes so gonna post this

One thing I liked in Jojo is that unless you're a final boss, you're not really gonna last long and only for about a few chapters since your major intro. I mean you could argue about Akira but he didn't really get himself properly "into" the scene until RHCP chapter.

I mean, not even the Pillar Men lasted that long outside of Kars. Like, right after you introduce Wham and Esidisi there's only a short gap until their fights.

I remember that Part 4 starts doing an interesting story concept where every arc from now on has something happen that's important for a future arc.

Boss Doggie

And one thing I like is the series is mostly "popularity immune" save for few instances (Dio and Jotaro). If it were every other manga all of the popular characters would immediately take up massive screen time and will stop staying dead. Even Avdol got killed lol

I mean sure, Dio was super popular that he became thoroughly relevant throughout the saga and even ruined Part 7's ending, but he remained dead after being killed with no bullshit of returning like many other manga.

Siegcram

I remember that Part 4 starts doing an interesting story concept where every arc from now on has something happen that's important for a future arc.
Not sure what you mean. Basically all of JoJo's events can be traced back to DIO's machinations in SDC.
And one thing I like is the series is mostly "popularity immune" save for few instances (Dio and Jotaro). If it were every other manga all of the popular characters would immediately take up massive screen time and will stop staying dead. Even Avdol got killed lol

I mean sure, Dio was super popular that he became thoroughly relevant throughout the saga and even ruined Part 7's ending, but he remained dead after being killed with no bullshit of returning like many other manga.
Excuse me?

Boss Doggie

Excuse me?

I guess final fight, not ending.

Diego Brando from another world feels like a pointless padding meant to do the "lol he's Dio! Enjoy more Dio and The World!" and undermines the Valentine fight.

Really loved SBR but that one really just dragged the part down to me a few notches.

Not sure what you mean. Basically all of JoJo's events can be traced back to DIO's machinations in SDC.

I mean part 4 specifically

In 'we found something dangerous', Joseph spends all of Josuke's money, which is the impetus for the Shigechi arc, which introduces Shigechi for the Kira arc.

'Let's go Hunting' comes into play later with Josuke shooting Kira

Rohan and Koichi meet Reimi, which sets up Kira.

Yukako meets the Cinderella lady, who changes Kira's face later.

cntr

Banned
Some parts have something that sets up the next,

Part 1, the Stone Mask sets up the Pillar Men,
Part 2 doesn't.
Part 3, sets up DIO, Stands for all future parts,
Part 4, sets up the arrow, leading into Diavolo's origins,
Part 5, also doesn't.
Part 6, has Pucci create the multiverse and "gravity", which is how D4C works and how he's defeated
Part 7, sets up the SBR race and the Joestar-Higashikata family? Can't say for sure.

I mean part 4 specifically

In 'we found something dangerous', Joseph spends all of Josuke's money, which is the impetus for the Shigechi arc, which introduces Shigechi for the Kira arc.

'Let's go Hunting' comes into play later with Josuke shooting Kira

Rohan and Koichi meet Reimi, which sets up Kira.

Yukako meets the Cinderella lady, who changes Kira's face later.
Yeah, I love how Part 4 handles this. You don't get anything like it again until Part 7.

hupla

Some parts have something that sets up the next,

Part 1, the Stone Mask sets up the Pillar Men,
Part 2 doesn't.
Part 3, sets up DIO, Stands for all future parts,
Part 4, sets up the arrow, leading into Diavolo's origins,
Part 5, also doesn't.
Part 6, has Pucci create the multiverse and "gravity", which is how D4C works and how he's defeated
Part 7, sets up the SBR race and the Joestar-Higashikata family? Can't say for sure.

Yeah, I love how Part 4 handles this. You don't get anything like it again until Part 7.

part 5 sets up Dio having kids which is a bigish deal in part 6

fertygo

I guess final fight, not ending.

Diego Brando from another world feels like a pointless padding meant to do the "lol he's Dio! Enjoy more Dio and The World!" and undermines the Valentine fight.

Really loved SBR but that one really just dragged the part down to me a few notches.

I don't see how its any worse than Okuyasu BS at Kira vs Josuke

At least DIO vs Johnny setting up SBR Race finish.

D-Man

I'm reading Steel Ball Run (just finished up Scary Monsters) and boy is it as good as people say. I'm loving everything about it so far and I legitimately hope we get to see it animated someday.

Zekes!

Watching the Part 4 anime has gotten me back in the mood read some more JoJo. I'm gonna restart Stone Ocean 'cause I never ended up finishing it, and then make my way through SBR and catch up on Jojolion.

Leezard

xkenOEc.jpg

I've been thinking about it for a while but I finally ordered this tie, the black version.

Siegcram

I've been thinking about it for a while but I finally ordered this tie, the black version.
The price tag was positively absurd I assume?
I stare at it every once in a while but the conscience (and budget) usually wins.

Congrats anyway though, they look sick.

Leezard

I stare at it every once in a while but the conscience (and budget) usually wins.

Thanks! This one cost 24 GBP with free shipping from ebay. It's not the official one but it's probably the best of the ones I found that don't have that absurd price tag.

I think those are the knockoffs you can find on eBay. I know this because that's the exact image they use.

Yeah, if you want an official one, I recall it was somewhere near a whopping $400.
Maybe on mandarake, anywhere else they're sitting pretty at $600-900.

Freakin' hell, I knew it was a good few hundred, but not THAT high. No tie is worth that much, let alone the prices that Siegcram linked.
I think they launched at $90-100, which is still a lot, but not several times crazy. They also came in a St. Gentleman's bag too.

Holy fuck two grand?!

Thanks! This one cost 24 GBP with free shipping from ebay. It's not the official one but it's probably the best of the ones I found that don't have that absurd price tag.

Please report back when you receive it. I'm really curious how it holds up to the listing photos.

I'd probably go with purple, myself.

jgminto

The new Vento Aureo translation finally reached Diavolo's initial introduction, I'm excited to see how much it improves over the mess the old translation made with him.

The new Vento Aureo translation finally reached Diavolo's initial introduction, I'm excited to see how much it improves over the mess the old translation made with him.
Wow it's still going? I'm on White Album now, so maybe it's s good thing I'm reading through so slowly.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, this is out next week.

......on the same day as Zero Time Dilemma & the Friday after Tokyo Mirage Sessions....

Guess I'll hope on the stream to see if I can win a code for the game. Otherwise, seeing as ASB got discounted a few times, might as well wait for a sale on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom