• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Pro back at it again with the foreshadowing.

tumblr_o8xgttD74p1u0jrjfo1_540.png

How the fuck did I miss that

cntr

Banned
"a guide to jjba part subfandoms"

Phantom Blood: pretty quiet and content, a continuous producer of cute fanart. still wondering when that Speedwagon figma is gonna come tho.

Battle Tendency: they are cold and starving. Their only comfort is that at least Joseph stuck around. they huddle for warmth and whisper prayers to eachother in the moonlight. "One day Araki will remember us", they say. "One day."

Stardust Crusaders: well kept, well supplied and content. drowning in content and merch. wont stop memeing. /cant/ stop memeing. really tired of hearing about about how overly popular part 3 is, but they know its true.

Diamond is Unbreakable: incredibly friendly, incredibly colourful, incredibly sweet and loveable, regularly make blood sacrifices to Araki for allowing Okuyasu to live

Vento Aureo: a filthy, sin-filled cesspool of individuals struggling not drown in their own pool of grief-striken tears

Stone Ocean: none of them actually survived the end of stone ocean

Steel Ball Run: aggressively contemplative philosophers or massive fucking memelords, with a huge overlap between the two. probably has battle tendency as a second or third favourite.

Jojolion: they dont know whats going on. no one knows whats going on. but goddammit theyre having a good time.

Matsukaze

Yet another installment of "Things are developing but I can barely tell what's going on". :)

Also, me upon seeing *that* character appear:

"Huh. So we're switching to another area, huh? Okay."

"Wait."

"What is that written on her back?"

star-trek-mind-blown.gif

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Jojolion ch. 55

Jobin clearly knows some things and Momma Higashikata getting released from the joint, the fuckin' possibilities here.

Jojolion has been on fire, brehs.

Pappasman

Jojolion 55 review: Yooooooooooooooo holy shit /10

Great chapter. The references are awesome and yet it still finds a way to be original and cool. Its going to be hard to wait another month for the next chapter.

Squishy3

Jojolion 55

Don't forget the Stone Ocean prison uniform and her sentence was the same duration as Jolyne's would have been. The palm on the wallet is the same as the one on Jotaro's hat as well. A probable glance at the nature of her stand power as well judging by the card deck is just a card deck and not hollowed out.

cntr

Banned
If she's the final villain, and looking at her D4C-like trick with the cards, I wonder if SBR-verse final villains have space-based powers instead of time.

Matsukaze

If she's the final villain, and looking at her D4C-like trick with the cards, I wonder if SBR-verse final villains have space-based powers instead of time.
I literally came here to say this. I have this sneaking suspicion that the Stand Space-Time Theory is correct.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Color me surprised that they fit it to two eps

With that said it's weird to once again see early Part 4 mix with late Part 4 art.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
If she's the final villain that would be really cool.

Moms better be the end game boss, she's dope and has already been properly set up for something major. Jobin can be the penultimate antagonist.

If it's the other way around or someone else entirely, man idk.

Couple of other thoughts regarding the latest Jojolion chapter.

The way Jobin said "At my house, 'Josuke' just killed Damo Tamaki" and looked stressed as fuck about it. There's probably someone higher up on that chain who's going to make an appearance (probably not Kato either)

Kato Higashikata was locked up for 15 years. Tsurugi probably has a different mother than the rest of the Higashikata siblings.

Astral

How did Josuke kill Damo without anyone noticing or giving a fuck? Did he remove their eyesight? What did the soap bubbles on the liver do? Did they transmit Damo's words outside so that Hato could hear him and pinpoint his location? Those are the only things that confused me.

Siegcram

How did Josuke kill Damo without anyone noticing or giving a fuck? Did he remove their eyesight? What did the soap bubbles on the liver do? Did they transmit Damo's words outside so that Hato could hear him and pinpoint his location? Those are the only things that confused me.
Damo burst into rock, so the bystanders probably thought Gappy was a performance artist or something.

One of them even says "Is that a figure?"

You guys are making me want to get back into Jojolion. I stopped at the stag beetle battles because I could deal with the spaced out release schedule

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I think he removed everyone's eyesight since no one noticed them. With that said does this mean Damo is human?

Also I guess escaping his zone of control restored them, but then how come Kira's injuries were still around when Josefumi and Kira escaped?

Erigu

Damo burst into rock, so the bystanders probably thought Gappy was a performance artist or something.

One of them even says "Is that a figure?"
And that was particularly dumb. Can't believe Araki actually went out of his way to have witnesses in that scene for something like that... Heh.

Astral

I think he removed everyone's eyesight since no one noticed them. With that said does this mean Damo is human?

Also I guess escaping his zone of control restored them, but then how come Kira's injuries were still around when Josefumi and Kira escaped?

Yeah this confused me too.

Matsukaze

What's this theory?
I think it's that in the previous universe the villians had time related stands, and in this one they have space related stands.

The Hand confirmed for a big bad stand?
That's the one. Granted, as far as fan theories go, it's pretty damn patchwork, but it's interesting from what I've glimpsed.

From what I understand, the theory suggests that in the prime universe, power over time is the "supreme" power (hence why the Stands of major antagonists 3-5 are ultimately all time-based). Then comes Made in Heaven, which holds command over both time and space. Made in Heaven is the linchpin not only in literally reshaping the universe, but also symbolically in hinting that power over time will no longer be supreme. In the SBR-verse, as the theory goes, space- (or dimension-) based power is now the supreme power, as evidenced by D4C. Time powers are not necessarily "weakened" but have been "demoted", as evidenced by Ringo Roadagain, who despite his cult following, is just a low-on-the-totem-pole dude who happens to have a Stand that can rewind time; this is supposed to show that time powers have been supplanted.

The theory also suggests that the appearance of The World at the end of Part 7 is meant to be more than just a cool throwback. They say it's meant to be another hint that time powers are no longer the end-all, be-all. Za Warudo itself isn't just out-of-place; the history and idea it represents, that time power is extra special and #1, is also out-of-place in the SBR-verse.

If the theory holds true, then Part 8's major antagonist should have a Stand that is space/dimension based. Also, there is the possibility that time Stands of lesser strength might show up as the Stands of non-boss enemies or even friends, just as Stands like Cream, the Hand, and Enigma showed up in the original universe.

I don't know how much faith I put in the theory, but it intrigued me when I first heard of it.

Kato Higashikata was locked up for 15 years. Tsurugi probably has a different mother than the rest of the Higashikata siblings.
About that:
Tsurugi is Joubin's son, not his brother. So Hato and Daiya are Tsurugi's aunts, Joshuu is his uncle, and Norisuke his gramps. We have met his mother, Mitsuba, at the very beginning of the arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom