• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frimaire

lmao goddamn it

656.png

God fucking Damnit

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Not using a scene from the episode where Mrs. Puff is in prison though is a big miss for Stone Ocean.

Since theres apparently no Jojo EoH English OT I guess I'll ask here:
Did they patch in some kind of split screen in the English version? I'm looking at the PS Store page and I see this

1-2 players
Network Players 2-4
6GB minimum save size
DUALSHOCK®4
Remote Play
1080p HD Video Output
Online Play (Optional)

Well, I just caught up to where the new Part 5 translation ends, and I've been spoiled so far. Good god the old scans are ugly; it's like they were done in mspaint. Of course I'll suck it up because I want to finish it, but what a bummer.

Also, King Crimson's ability doesn't stop time, but can see it progress frame by frame, and remove the middle so there's only the beginning and end?

Well, I just caught up to where the new Part 5 translation ends, and I've been spoiled so far. Good god the old scans are ugly; it's like they were done in mspaint. Of course I'll suck it up because I want to finish it, but what a bummer.

Also, King Crimson's ability doesn't stop time, but can see it progress frame by frame, and remove the middle so there's only the beginning and end?

Basically. In an action there's a cause and an effect, and KC removes the cause but keeps the effect.

Pretty much. The chapters where he's first introduced do an ass job of making sense of it.

Activate King Crimson and time begins to be erased, with only Diavolo aware it's happening. Once it's over, the time is erased so everyone else will feel like they skipped forward in time. Since that time was erased, they have no memories of it.

Did they patch in some kind of split screen in the English version? I'm looking at the PS Store page and I see this

1-2 players
Network Players 2-4
6GB minimum save size
DUALSHOCK®4
Remote Play
1080p HD Video Output
Online Play (Optional)
Nope still 1 player only

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Wait, that's Tom Cruise too?

Oh, I see, the dude who is always throwing his hands up in the air is supposed to be Tom jumping on the couch---for some reason I always thought it was based on some Japanese show since it always seems to be used with manga and anime.

cntr

Banned
When King Crimson erases a block of time, people will continue doing things without having conscious input into what they're doing. When the erased time ends, things happen without anybody except Diavolo remembering it.

But it isn't just a memory erase, Diavolo can't do things like punch someone eating a sandwich since that would prevent them from completing the action. It's a time erase, not a memory erase.

In abstract terms, King Crimson erases the causes of actions and keeps the results.

ah man your talking about King Crimson again oh boy

as for other things man i can't wait to see how the anime thread reaction to rohan and eventual realization that he is a main character

1-2 players
Network Players 2-4
6GB minimum save size
DUALSHOCK®4
Remote Play
1080p HD Video Output
Online Play (Optional)

No they did not. I was wondering where that misinformation came from. Didn't think it'd be the PlayStation store itself.

Hatty

I wish people wouldn't get too hype in the anime thread. Hype ruined Tonio for some animeonly people and I'd hate for people to hate on Rohan the great

Matsukaze

I wish people wouldn't get too hype in the anime thread. Hype ruined Tonio for some animeonly people and I'd hate for people to hate on Rohan the great
Every week people talk about how exciting it is for the next episode to be animated. If show-only folks haven't figured out by now to let talk be talk and keep their expectations in check, then shame on em.

Also, lol at Killer Queen playing dumb about Rohan.

EDIT: For real. Not trying to sound unsympathetic to the uninitiated, but there's precious little variation in "I'm really looking forward to this" that one encounters in the anime thread.

Erigu

He never gets shot in the head, Doppio just misinterpreted Epitaph's vision.
I'm just hoping you're not serious, there...

The bullets should have gone through his head, but didn't because he used King Crimson. And based on how that power is explained elsewhere, that makes no sense, as the results should still be there (= a dead Diavolo).

I'm just hoping you're not serious, there...

The bullets should have gone through his head, but didn't because he used King Crimson. And based on how that power is explained elsewhere, that makes no sense, as the results should still be there (= a dead Diavolo).

If you mean when Risotto was holding him down I thought he used the split second to erase the time frame when he would have been shot and skipped to the point where only Nero got shot, since that would have been the end result.

Every week people talk about how exciting it is for the next episode to be animated. If show-only folks haven't figured out by now to let talk be talk and keep their expectations in check, then shame on em.

Also, lol at Killer Queen playing dumb about Rohan.

Apparently the user with Killer Queen as their user name and avatar has seen all the stands for their designs but hasn't read the parts. Weird, I know.

Hatty

Apparently the user with Killer Queen as their user name and avatar has seen all the stands for their designs but hasn't read the parts. Weird, I know.

and they wanted to know when the main story starts
I thought it was a ruse, I'm not sure what to tell them

Erigu

If you mean when Risotto was holding him down I thought he used the split second to erase the time frame when he would have been shot and skipped to the point where only Nero got shot, since that would have been the end result.
But Diavolo himself being shot should also be part of that end result. Or else, Giorno would have had no cat footprints to notice back in volume 56, and Polnareff would have had no extra blood drops to notice later on in volume 61.
Either Giorno and Polnareff shouldn't have been able to notice the timeskips, or the boss shouldn't have survived Aerosmith's attack. Yet both happened.
In summary: King Crimson doesn't make sense.

Matsukaze

Guys am I weird

I think Soft & Wet is my favorite punch ghost
Soft & Wet is awesome. Depending on my mood, it sometimes slips into my top 10 Stands.

1. Sex Pistols
2. Killer Queen
3. Whitesnake
4. Weather Report
5. D4C
6. The World
7. Sticky Fingers
8. Diver Down
9. Scary Monsters
10. Stone Free

Honorable Mentions: Soft & Wet, Tusk, Crazy Diamond

Status