• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You mean the first Rohan arc? Doubtful. The second episode can easily cover the rest of it. Including the backstory of Josuke's hair.
Looking ahead, next three parter is likely Sheer Heart Attack.

I guess I was hoping for a more extended WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT MY HAIR moment

cntr

Banned
Jolyne has one of the best stands in the series. It's stronger than Star Platinum, and the
string
power is amazing.

So much hype when Jolyne
blocks bullets
for the first time.

Breads

Banned
Jolyne has one of the best stands in the series. It's stronger than Star Platinum, and the
string
power is amazing.

So much hype when Jolyne
blocks bullets
for the first time.

Mobius configuration against C-moon
is definitely god tier adaptability.

Matsukaze

string
power is amazing.

So much hype when Jolyne
blocks bullets
for the first time.
I think "stronger" is open to interpretation, but I agree it's far cooler and provides for more interesting applications of its power.

One of many moments in Stone Ocean where I just went "Fuck yeah, Jolyne!"

Speaking of Jolyne, we talked about Part 5 getting censorship but holy fucking shit part 6. The Viviano westwood fight is just vicious, I don't think any of the other Jojos had such a knockout dragout fight.

cntr

Banned
I think "stronger" is open to interpretation, but I agree it's far cooler and provides for more interesting applications of its power."
"Stronger" in the sense that base Stone Free is physically more powerful than Star Platinum, like Crazy Diamond. It lacks the precision, but Stone Free can fix that!

Squishy3

WHY IS DAVID PRO SO FUCKING GOOD AT THIS

F4uKkFK.jpg

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Speaking of Jolyne, we talked about Part 5 getting censorship but holy fucking shit part 6. The Viviano westwood fight is just vicious, I don't think any of the other Jojos had such a knockout dragout fight.

One of my favorite fights. An absolute down and dirty slugfest. Made Jolyne look so badass too.

Speedwagon thawing out Zeppeli's arm on his abs sounds like he's cooking a fucking steak. And to think the show just gets more over the top after part 1 is crazy.

Dio is such a fucking lawyer. "Neither I nor my men will hurt your baby" proceeds to suck out her blood turning her into a vampire and then she eats her kid. By the letter of the law he didn't hurt her kid, and he never agreed to spare the mom as well. Araki did such a good job setting up Dio.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Dio is such a fucking lawyer. "Neither I nor my men will hurt your baby" proceeds to suck out her blood turning her into a vampire and then she eats her kid. By the letter of the law he didn't hurt her kid, and he never agreed to spare the mom as well. Araki did such a good job setting up Dio.

technically by turning her into a vampire she's now "his men"

His vampire blood, yes. It can cause healing acceleration fast enough to glue body parts together
Lol. At least it was explained. He's just testing out his powers by fucking with people. Dio never changed. Lol at cat head on bird body I'm fucking dead. There really wasn't enough of Dio's bullshit in part 3. Does Dire die the worst jobber death? My god I love the Led Zeppelin demon squad.

Matsukaze

I think when Fridays roll around, I'll need to watch Berserk first and save JoJo for afterwards. That way, I'll get the disappointment out of the way and end on a high note.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I LOVED the test dub voice cast so I'm glad that they kept all of them in for the part 3 dub. I need that dub right now. 😭😭

It is seriously one of the most "What the FUCK" moments in anything I've ever seen or read. Also, it's just another moment cementing Jolyne as the hardest fucking badass in anything ever.

Matsukaze

She Josuke tier? I always thought people didn't like part 6?
Jolyne is best JoJo!

Part 6 is pretty well-liked (at least in the West, not sure about how it fared in Japan); it does, however, crank up the crazy to 11. The idea behind certain Stands in Part 6 seem bizarre even by Araki's standards and the fights are hit-or-miss in terms of quality (which is especially rough given how consistently respectable Part 5's battles are). The supporting team in Stone Ocean also has mixed support among readers; I'm one of the people who really liked Foo Fighters and Co., but I've seen plenty of people say that the team is a major downgrade from the previous three parts.

Jolyne is best JoJo!

Part 6 is pretty well-liked (at least in the West, not sure about how it fared in Japan); it does, however, crank up the crazy to 11. The idea behind certain Stands in Part 6 seem bizarre even by Araki's standards and the fights are hit-or-miss in terms of quality (which is especially rough given how consistently respectable Part 5's battles are). The supporting team in Stone Ocean also has mixed support among readers; I'm one of the people who really liked Foo Fighters and Co., but I've seen plenty of people say that the team is a major downgrade from the previous three parts.
I do like the idea of a female protagonist Jojo. Though I'd have to do the parts in order. I tried reading stone ocean before part 4 and 5 and I just couldn't. I kept wondering what happened before this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom