• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Diavolo himself getting shot should also be part of that end result. Or else, Giorno would have had no cat footprints to notice back in volume 56, and Polnareff would have had no extra blood drops to notice later on in volume 61.
Either Giorno and Polnareff shouldn't have been able to notice the timeskips, or the boss shouldn't have survived Aerosmith's attack. Yet both happened.
In summary: King Crimson doesn't make sense.

You can't count Diavolo getting shot as a result.

When King Crimson is activated, it is before the bullets hit him. At the end of the timeskip it skipped forward to the point where Risotto is shot. During the skipped time the bullets both hit and passed through Diavolo to hit Nero. The cause "the bullets hit Diavolo" and the effect "the bullets passed through Diavolo" both occur in the split second of skipped time. This time is erased. That action never occurred.

Say the bullets were fired at 3:00. At 3:00 plus a split second Risotto would have been shot. Anything that starts and ends during that skipped time is an action that did not occur.

The actions that resulted in the cat prints and the blood droplets started before the timeskip. All Giorno saw were cat prints and all Polnareff saw were the blood droplet markings. These are not objects in perpetual motion like bullets.

Erigu

You can't count Diavolo getting shot as a result.
"Being shot", then. Same difference.

Both the cat prints and the blood droplets started before the timeskip.
Why do you talk about when those started, now? How does that matter?
(besides, even if you go there, Aerosmith's bullets were fired before the timeskip as well, so...)

All Giorno saw were cat prints and all Polnareff saw were the blood droplet markings.
And so should we see a dead Diavolo. Those are all results of things that happened during the timeskips.

All Giorno saw were cat prints and all Polnareff saw were the blood droplet markings. These are not objects in perpetual motion like bullets.
Sorry, but you're really not making sense, there. What's the difference between bullets flying through the air, and blood drops in free fall?
If the "Polnareff has some extra blood droplet markings on his leg" result is there even after the "extra blood drops fell on Polnareff's leg" event was skipped (and it is), the "Diavolo has some big bullet-shaped holes in his head" result should be there even after the "bullets pierce Diavolo's skull" event was skipped (but it's not).

tasteofaliar.jpg

Would be hilarious if true though.
Well since I've been summoned. No I really did just go on the Jojo wiki and look at the stands, someone else PMd me about it too. But I had the name "melophobia" before then decided to change it, I wanted Star Platinum after watching Stardust Crusaders, but it was taken like 2 months before , then I read a bit of part 4 (up till Koichi was kidnapped then just kinda stopped cuz of the anime) and wanted Crazy Diamond, also taken, so I just went on the wiki and chose a cool stand from the next part before it got popular in the anime and someone else took it. So I became Killer Queen, at the time I didn't really know how much significance it had, just saw its design , powers and user and I know it's user is the main villain of part 4 but that's about it.

Matsukaze

Well since I've been summoned. No I really did just go on the Jojo wiki and look at the stands, someone else PMd me about it too. But I had the name "Neophobia" before then decided to change it, I wanted Star Platinum after watching Stardust Crusaders, but it was taken like 2 months before , then I read a bit of part 4 (up till Koichi was kidnapped then just kinda stopped cuz of the anime) and wanted Crazy Diamond, also taken, so I just went on the wiki and chose a cool stand from the next part before it got popular in the anime and someone else took it. So I became Killer Queen, at the time I didn't really know how much significance it had, just saw its design , powers and user and I know it's user is the main villain of part 4 but that's about it.
Fascinating.

To your credit, you have excellent taste in Stands, given your choice.

If you liked reading about stands and looking at pictures of them why not read the manga?
I'm actually going to start part 5 soon since I want to get the game coming out and a friend told me it's got spoilers for later parts, but for part 4 I'm just going to finish the anime since Ive already started it and it's much more exciting to watch and I also don't wanna get spoiled lol since that ruins the excitement a little.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I'm actually going to start part 5 soon since I want to get the game coming out and a friend told me it's got spoilers for later parts, but for part 4 I'm just going to finish the anime since Ive already started it and it's much more exciting to watch and I also don't wanna get spoiled lol since that ruins the excitement a little.

Just as a heads up, the very first arc of part 5 has spoilers for a couple of part 4 characters. It also spoils another part 4 Stand reveal that hasn't happened in the anime yet, which you might already know about if you looked at the wiki.

Just as a heads up, the very first arc of part 5 has spoilers for a couple of part 4 characters. It also spoils another part 4 Stand reveal that hasn't happened in the anime yet, which you might already know about if you looked at the wiki.
Is it Koichi's other stand forms? The friend that suggested it said that Koichi and Jotaro show up and try to find Dio's son but that they don't show up much after that.

Well since I've been summoned. No I really did just go on the Jojo wiki and look at the stands, someone else PMd me about it too. But I had the name "melophobia" before then decided to change it, I wanted Star Platinum after watching Stardust Crusaders, but it was taken like 2 months before , then I read a bit of part 4 (up till Koichi was kidnapped then just kinda stopped cuz of the anime) and wanted Crazy Diamond, also taken, so I just went on the wiki and chose a cool stand from the next part before it got popular in the anime and someone else took it. So I became Killer Queen, at the time I didn't really know how much significance it had, just saw its design , powers and user and I know it's user is the main villain of part 4 but that's about it.

That's pretty awesome. Killer Queen's popularity transcends even the plot.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Is it Koichi's other stand forms? The friend that suggested it said that Koichi and Jotaro show up and try to find Dio's son but that they don't show up much after that.

Yeah, those are the only spoilers for part 4. If you already know about them, there's no real reason not to read it, especially since the new translation is somewhere around the halfway point of the part.

Crocodile

Saw this on Tumblr and I chuckled

tumblr_o9lr5rLDiY1tga1sco4_1280.jpg

Looks like the ending is staying for the rest of the season too.

Anyways, Rohan was perfect I'm so happy...and grossed out oh god the spider

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
David Pro continues to add cameo appearances in as usual, this week's episode has
Kinoto, Cheap Trick's Stand user, ironically showing his back at around the 1:45 mark.

I'm rewatching part one and finally noticed the OP spoils the stands of part 3 and 4 and gave a glimpse of Jolynes. Didn't seem to see the spaghetti haired guys stand.

I'm rewatching part one and finally noticed the OP spoils the stands of part 3 and 4 and gave a glimpse of Jolynes. Didn't seem to see the spaghetti haired guys stand.

The funny thing about this is that I was watching it and going "I wonder why it stops at part six?" and then it hit me like a ton of bricks. Damn you Araki, damn you David Pro.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Araki-sensei finally noticed us! (This is from the JoJo's Panel Viz had at AnimeExpo)
Nice! Anything new announced? Like what's up with the lack of Blu-ray release for part 1 and 2? And what happened to the part 3 dub? Does Viz have any plans on releasing the part 4 Manga here in the US? so many questions!!

D-Man

Nice! Anything new announced? Like what's up with the lack of Blu-ray release for part 1 and 2? And what happened to the part 3 dub? Does Viz have any plans on releasing the part 4 Manga here in the US? so many questions!!

I'm checking Twitter and so far I've only seen confirmations that Part 3 and 4 are getting blu-rays and Araki's "How to Create Manga" book is coming over. Will update if I find anything else.

I'm checking Twitter and so far I've only seen confirmations that Part 3 and 4 are getting blu-rays and Araki's "How to Create Manga" book is coming over. Will update if I find anything else.

I am all over Araki's How to make manga book. I was afraid that was never going to be translated.

EDIT: ONLY 19.99?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom