• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
She's also as eccentric and dumb as Josuke and Joseph, which makes her really fun; don't see that many shounen female protags who're as well written

Lots of people like to associate the best protagonists with the best parts. Which I don't believe is all that wrong but does put her at disadvantage since Part 6 isn't one of the best or international meme levels like Part 3.

Matsukaze

Then why is she never at the top of the rankings? I usually just see Joseph or Josuke.
I hope I don't sound elitist when I say this, but a fairly large portion of Joseph's fan base is the anime-only crowd, who can only compare the JoJos they've been introduced to. A vocal minority among them still isn't even pleased to see Joseph is no longer the star. I'm pretty sure Joseph isn't especially popular in Japan; it's mostly his Western fans giving him such a huge boost and proclaiming him #1.

Josuke's support seems more balanced between West and East, and manga and show fans (not that I have hard numbers to confirm that, but that's my impression).

EDIT: But we all know Jolyne is #1 and that opinions to the contrary are the work of an enemy Stand. :p

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I hope I don't sound elitist when I say this, but a fairly large portion of Joseph's fan base is the anime-only crowd, who can only compare the JoJos they've been introduced to. A vocal minority among them still isn't even pleased to see Joseph is no longer the star. I'm pretty sure Joseph isn't especially popular in Japan; it's mostly his Western fans giving him such a huge boost and proclaiming him #1.

Josuke's support seems more balanced between West and East, and manga and show fans (not that I have hard numbers to confirm that, but that's my impression).

"Joseph best Jojo" types largely being the anime-only crowd is very obviously just stating facts. His character assassination complaints (wrt his appearance in Diamond) increased like a thousandfold once the anime came out. You heard little of that from before when only the manga existed.

Don't get me wrong, I like Joseph too, even if he leads one of the weakest parts. Although Oldseph in SDC > BT.

EDIT: But we all know Jolyne is #1 and that opinions to the contrary are the work of an enemy Stand. :p

No lies detected.

Lots of people like to associate the best protagonists with the best parts. Which I don't believe is all that wrong but does put her at disadvantage since Part 6 isn't one of the best or international meme levels like Part 3.
But part 3 isn't even the best part...at least as far as the anime went. I really didn't even like Jotaro, I just got used to him. Though in retrospect his fight with Steely Dan got me into the franchise. That and I like his move bitch moment. As long as Jolyne doesn't act like part 3 Jotaro she'll be fine.

But part 3 isn't even the best part...at least as far as the anime went. I really didn't even like Jotaro, I just got used to him. Though in retrospect his fight with Steely Dan got me into the franchise. That and I like his move bitch moment. As long as Jolyne doesn't act like part 3 Jotaro she'll be fine.

Jotaro is really good for what he is in Part 3, a kind of reserved badass surrounded by a bunch of loud assholes, who is frequently caught up in weird bullshit. Also he's fashioned after Clint Eastwood's cowboy roles.

Araki has said he tries to make each JoJo the opposite of the previous, so you have heroic Jonathan, crazy jackass Joseph, unflinching badass Jotaro, then Josuke who is more of a kinda average dude with a weird temper and superpowers.

Jotaro has a lot of great moments in SDC, like dealing with Steely Dan, all the stuff with Rubber Soul and Kakyoin's cherry...thing, making D'Arby lose his mind, using his grandpa to cheat at video games, beating DIO to hiding in the sewer, taunting an evil orangutan.

tl;dr Jotaro is cool and good, and he's a good boy who loves his mom and dolphins

You forgot to mention Jotaro uppercutting a fucking shark. I don't hate him guess I just need to watch SDC again knowing full well how it pans out.

Jotaro's cool. He has his moments in Part 3 and I do sometimes think he was the perfect main protagonist for the levels of 'what the fuck is this stand nonsense" that readers were introduced too. Though I feel he gets way better as a supporting character.

You don't gotta worry about that last part though.

his favorite color is "transparent"

oh my god

Jotaro's bio page in the manga mentions that he doesn't outwardly show his emotions because he figures everyone should know just by looking at him. Which is like...exactly how I would expect someone whose grandfather is Joseph fucking Joestar to act.

Also his favorite movie is 1983's Never Cry Wolf and his favorite color is "transparent"

EMwqOOm.jpg

Found one of these for 1200 yen :D

Grexeno

From the Diamond is Unbreakable anime thread:

I wasn't trying to get her into it, I was watching Pet Shop vs Iggy on the tv with my brother and she just started watching and liked it

she got pretty mad at SC's ending lol. "what kind of story ends with all the heroes dying!?"

This guy's mom is going to LOVE Part 6.

Ezalc

Filthy acts has been usurped.

It has competition, hasn't been dethroned though.

Also Joseph continues to be the most entertaining and best Jojo, though Josuke and Jolyne are the the others in the top 3. Johnny gets overshadowed by Gyro and Jotaro and Giorno are just garbage.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hahahahahahahaha, holy crap, they changed Limp Bizkit to THAT?

Okay, props to Namco for that, I would've love to seen the thought process & everyone's reactions to that name being proposed.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd assume most of the changes that were made in ASB carried over to EoH for consistency.

....well save for "Jean Pierre Eiffel" just being "Jean Pierre" in EoH.

turmoil

Banned
Hello guys/gals. Could you tell me if in your opinion Part 8 will end soon?

I was thinking of starting it, but if the end is, let's say one or two years away, maybe I will wait until its finished.

Matsukaze

I was thinking of starting it, but if the end is, let's say one or two years away, maybe I will wait until its finished.
It's possible Araki might make JoJolion shorter, but we're probably looking at another two-three years.

SBR ran for 90-ish chapters, JJL is on 54 and we still don't have a clear primary antagonist as of yet. It's got some time left.

turmoil

Banned
It's possible Araki might make JoJolion shorter, but we're probably looking at another two-three years.

SBR ran for 90-ish chapters, JJL is on 54 and we still don't have a clear primary antagonist as of yet. It's got some time left.

Thanks, so I will be starting it eventually. The only monthly manga I read is AoT, and the slow pacing doesn't make it any favor in various arcs. Anyway jojo is way more entertaining so it shouldn't be a problem.

I totally forgot how Jotaro goes full Dolphin lover mode during the ratt arc

tumblr_nqty58XwY31rahnq5o1_1280.png

It's all good though, because his outfit becomes slick as fuck from sheer heart attack onwards.

latest

I totally forgot how Jotaro goes full Dolphin lover mode during the ratt arc

tumblr_nqty58XwY31rahnq5o1_1280.png

It's all good though, because his outfit becomes slick as fuck from sheer heart attack onwards.

Oh my god for the longest time I thought Jotaro just got fat and that was his gut hanging out over his crotch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom