• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we missed a great OT subtitle if this had launched when Jojolion was starting up.

"Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Just now, I stole 'quality' from your posts"

Matsukaze

5e5.gif

Does it get any hammier than Stroheims VA? Does nobody ever tease Joseph for cross dressing or does he just never tell that part of the story? I swear when Joseph starts doing the ripple hair attack they rip off the intro riff from Yes' Owner of a Lonely Heart. Is it safe to assume there's a legit Zeppeli pose gene? "What kind of guy strikes a pose to sit in a freaking chair?" It's like Joseph forgot what manga he's in. I forgot how much body horror was in part 2. Sticking a bunch of dudes hands together and then sucking their life force out turning them into conjoined goo things is sort of gross. I still love the awaken my masters scene. Motherfuckers just come out the wall posing. God damn ep 14 is just too iconic. Dat Ceasar and Joseph bro pose is just too good. Jonathan just had nothing on these guys. On ep 15...I don't know of they drew Caesar that badly or they drew him exactly how Araki drew him with his leg bent to fuck and back standing on those stairs.

Siegcram

Wonder if they'll do a single volume paperback release or something similar to the Jojonium hardcovers.
From what I've seen, people are buying the Jojomium ones, so I don't see any reason for them to switch it up.

Also my OCD couldn't take that hit, so they better not stop.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
From what I've seen, people are buying the Jojomium ones, so I don't see any reason for them to switch it up.

Also my OCD couldn't take that hit, so they better not stop.

Well, apparently they still don't over a Jojonium release of DiU over in Japan lol. Looks like they started a normal bunkoban (I believe) rerelease instead this year, which is a weird call.

It's possible Viz still does some sort of hardcover omnibus release.

D-Man

Does anyone know if EoH has cross region play? Like, can my JP copy play with NA players?

IIRC, Namco said you can't since the NA servers are different. Something about them not wanting the online to be complete ass. I think they said it halfway through the EoH stream they did a while ago.

The only thing I see about the Araki wanting to use Lisa Lisa more is a trivia section on the wiki, which links to an interview that isn't translated.

Semblance

To be fair, Shueisha higher ups telling him nah at making Lisa Lisa a bigger deal isn't hard to believe at all. On the other hand, Araki's wasn't writing decent female characters with any sort of prominence back in the day either. Gorgeous Irene was his only leading woman character for a long ass time there, and she was garbage.

I mean, who really knows.

What was Caesar's excuse

lmao

Erigu

Yeah. But it feels plausible, things like that have happened.
Sure, but it's the idea of the word getting out that makes me skeptical. It sounds like the author is overtly criticizing one of his editors, which isn't so common (unless said author switched publishers or something like that).
Then again...

The only thing I see about the Araki wanting to use Lisa Lisa more is a trivia section on the wiki, which links to an interview that isn't translated.
... Then again, it supposedly is from a Eureka issue, and I guess I could see something like that getting discussed, in that context. I'll have to try and read that one, someday.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I have a sudden urge to buy Eyes of Heaven even though everyone says it sucks---talk me out of it.

D-Man

Eyes of Heaven isn't even that bad. I played the import version, didn't understand shit, but I had a super fun time with it. Not the best game but it's definitely worth checking out if you love some JaJa's Kooky Quest.

Watch Da Birdie

Eyes of Heaven isn't even that bad. I played the import version, didn't understand shit, but I had a super fun time with it. Not the best game but it's definitely worth checking out if you love some JaJa's Kooky Quest.

For comparison did you play J-Stars? I heard they were similar and the latter just was too bad for me after awhile, even with the chance to play as Gin and BoBoBo.

D-Man

For comparison did you play J-Stars? I heard they were similar and the latter just was too bad for me after awhile, even with the chance to play as Gin and BoBoBo.

Haven't played that, unfortunately. But EoH is just some plain dumb fun. Music is solid and it's great seeing all the new interactions that ASB didn't have. Story Mode is fanfic worthy but still decent enough to go through.

Got to come to terms that Jojo is too broken to make a 'good' fighting game.

You guys should check out "The seventh stand user", a fan made RPG where you accompany the stardust crusaders crew with a stand generated by a user quiz. Lots of fanservice and some interesting twists in the story. Kind of a grindy and Pokemon-esque gameplay in case you're not into that.

Got to come to terms that Jojo is too broken to make a 'good' fighting game.

You guys should check out "The seventh stand user", a fan made RPG where you accompany the stardust crusaders crew with a stand generated by a user quiz. Lots of fanservice and some interesting twists in the story. Kind of a grindy and Pokemon-esque gameplay in case you're not into that.

If Capcom continued work on the series they could've probably got there.

JayEH

I don't think Jojo can really work in games besides fighting games since there is "common" enemies to fight. The Capcom Jojo fighitng game was pretty good and arc systems made the persona fighting game so there is hope to make a good fighting game but that's probably more money than Namco wants to invest in the license.

wwm0nkey

I don't think Jojo can really work in games besides fighting games since there is "common" enemies to fight. The Capcom Jojo fighitng game was pretty good and arc systems made the persona fighting game so there is hope to make a good fighting game but that's probably more money than Namco wants to invest in the license.

If they just took P4A and put JoJo in it, that would work too

I wonder how many times Joseph jacked it to his mom before he found out that was his mom...
Cars saved a dog from getting ran over, he can't be that bad of a person.

I've been thinking that a Action-Puzzle-Platformer with some horror schlock might work for a game based on later Jojo parts. Fuck all if I'll ever get a game like that, Jojo or not.

RPG would be cool though. Though I might be alone in wanting an RPG starring new characters in either universes.

I've been thinking that a Action-Puzzle-Platformer with some horror schlock might work for a game based on later Jojo parts. Fuck all if I'll ever get a game like that, Jojo or not.

RPG would be cool though. Though I might be alone in wanting an RPG starring new characters in either universes.
Young Joseph would be a shit team captain any way.

Watch Da Birdie

I wanted to play that but could never get the font to work, ever site I found to download the font gave my PC a virus. :/

Semblance

I wouldn't mind a side-scrolling beat 'em up ala Final Fight / Streets of Rage in the JJBA universe.

Any particular mix of games come to mind when you say Action-Puzzle-Platformer, out of curiosity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom