• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
TvTropes Trivia said:
Abbachio was originally going to be a playable character, and his Style would have been focused around using Moody Blues to record enemy actions and copy them. While they eventually cut him after deciding his playstyle was unworkable, a character model of him does appear for a brief moment in the ending alongside his living teammates, albeit a very unpolished one.

Literally the one character I wanted to be in the game...fuck this.

The real question is why wouldn't he
There's probably a whimsical authors note about that. "Sometimes I wonder what my stuffed bunny would do if it was invisible..." Wham was the best Pillar Man. Caesar was crushed under the immense weight of his jobbing. They split Roundabout into what 6 ending arrangements?

I find it hilarious they added Hazamada and Tamami to the group shot in the new opening even tho they will literally only have one more scene in the series ever

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I find it hilarious they added Hazamada and Tamami to the group shot in the new opening even tho they will literally only have one more scene in the series ever

I like how one segment of the op is just Josuke, Koichi, and Okuyasu walking away from them while one of the two rats runs across the screen.

D-Man

Dat Kira tease at the end of the new OP has me beyond hyped. I need to see him ASAP.

tumblr_inline_oa0bkzjc2G1qitjoa_540.png

Fandangox

Literally the one character I wanted to be in the game...fuck this.

Also this has to be one of the best ideas for a fighting game character gimmick ever, I only see it working on 2D plane fights though.

Maybe theoretically the character would have 3 slots or so to record 3 actions. The character has a move that starts a timer, and until that timer runs out (maybe a few seconds) everything the opponent does gets recorded in one of the slots, which the character can use. Probably would become useless once the opponent realizes the timer has been activated, so there would probably neither audio or visual confirmation that the timer started.

Or maybe it could still be balanced out around the fact it may provide lots of mindgames.

cntr

Banned
OP foreshadowing:

The opening circular loop hints at Bite The Dust (and how circular the "chase" is).
Superfly style towers in the background.
The soup cans have Jotaro's hand symbol on them, they're the cans Jotaro and Josuke practice shooting with.
Joseph's briefcases? Not sure.
Jotaro and Koichi pose together.
Kira's nail reflects his victims as he cuts it off.
The photo is at the entrance to the ghost alley.
Highway Star motorcycle marks cover the photos. Sheer Heart Attack tracks cover the photos.
The rats, including the one in the cake.
The cat skull is from the manga.
ACT 3 appears in front of Tamami and Koichi being Heaven's Door'd
Cindarella and Love Deluxe. (I love that shot, it feels so Persona)
The arrow rains down in front of them, transforms into Cindarella's surgical lines
The surgical lines zoom into a photo of Reimi and Rohan as a kid holding hands, then Kira holding his "girlfriend's" hand, and then Yoshihiro holding the arrow.
Yoshihiro is framed inside the "picture".
The zoom uses the Bite the Dust effect as it goes through the alleyway, there's a sketchy cat skull face, and it explodes into the To Be Continued arrows in the next scene.
And of course, Kira himself.

Squishy3

The end of it where Josuke's reaching out is totally supposed to be Bites the Dust starting, as it looks similar to the effect in ASB.

Articalys

So what are the prevailing theories about young Josuke's savior, anyway? Or does nobody really care because it doesn't really matter?

I did notice the anime added a very brief scene when Tomoko is holding Josuke's hand, and some blue lights of energy or something start to appear right before the boy shows up... that almost seems to be implying Crazy Diamond had something to do with it?

(Amusingly, they briefly messed up continuity in that scene too by showing both of Tomoko's hands on the steering wheel inbetween two shots of her holding Josuke's hand)

cntr

Banned
Josuke's savior looks like Josuke because Koichi is telling the story and assumed they looked exactly the same

Articalys

Josuke's savior looks like Josuke because Koichi is telling the story and assumed they looked exactly the same
For the visual appearance as shown in the story, sure, but otherwise... I guess we just have to assume that there really was a random beat-up guy in a school uniform walking around alone during a raging blizzard... for some reason.

Articalys

For what it's worth, his uniform is different from Josuke's
Well, yeah, I'm not part of the weird time travel theories or whatever about that scene, just wondering if the theories otherwise are that there really was a random guy there, or if he was something else. Again, not like it really matters, since in all likelihood it's just something random Araki quickly thought up to explain Josuke's hair, but it invites some amusing speculation.

Tizoc

Yeah OP2 for Part 4 anime is cool, NCBZ is better IMO.
I just can't wait to finally post in the anime thread "Now you know about the secret feud between Prince and David Bowie."
Also this
YY1yj4m.png

Fandangox

OP foreshadowing:

The opening circular loop hints at Bite The Dust (and how circular the "chase" is).
Superfly style towers in the background.
The soup cans have Jotaro's hand symbol on them, they're the cans Jotaro and Josuke practice shooting with.
Joseph's briefcases? Not sure.
Jotaro and Koichi pose together.
Kira's nail reflects his victims as he cuts it off.
The photo is at the entrance to the ghost alley.
Highway Star motorcycle marks cover the photos. Sheer Heart Attack tracks cover the photos.
The rats, including the one in the cake.
The cat skull is from the manga.
ACT 3 appears in front of Tamami and Koichi being Heaven's Door'd
Cindarella and Love Deluxe. (I love that shot, it feels so Persona)
The arrow rains down in front of them, transforms into Cindarella's surgical lines
The surgical lines zoom into a photo of Reimi and Rohan as a kid holding hands, then Kira holding his "girlfriend's" hand, and then Yoshihiro holding the arrow.
Yoshikage is framed inside the "picture".
The zoom uses the Bite the Dust effect as it goes through the alleyway, there's a sketchy cat skull face, and it explodes into the To Be Continued arrows in the next scene.
And of course, Kira himself.

This is the one thing I liked about the opening, I don't remember CNBT having anything like this except the shadows on the characters and maybe the picture in the can that Okayasu kicks.

Not so sure about the looping being an indicative of the actual Bite the Dust loop though, Rohan would be there instead of Joseph then, although I guess a detail like that is not really necessary.

A part of me wonders if 'Bites the Dust' was supposed to send Josuke all the way back to his childhood but I think it would make the ending sad for no particular reason.

Astral

With 39 episodes there should be three openings right? This one seems to cover everything though. I hope we do get a third one because goddamn are they never not stylish as fuck. I can't stop watching it. It's so hype.

With 39 episodes there should be three openings right? This one seems to cover everything though. I hope we do get a third one because goddamn are they never not stylish as fuck. I can't stop watching it. It's so hype.

There was nothing related to Kosaku Kira tho, that's definitely gonna be the focus of the third opening

A part of me wonders if 'Bites the Dust' was supposed to send Josuke all the way back to his childhood but I think it would make the ending sad for no particular reason.

Like Araki really plans that far ahead.

It's thematically important that it isn't Josuke because it shows that Morioh has always had good selfless people, and that Josuke, influenced by the mysterious delinquent, carries that on.

Only one episode but this OP is one of my favorites already. Can't wait for BAITSA DASUTO near the end of the show, assuming this is it for the rest of the show.

Edit: Holy shit, they referenced the nail clipping in the OP too? David Pro is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom