• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
Bites the Dust is more like an ability where Killer Queen is "assigned" to Hayato than a separate sub-stand like Sheer Heart Attack, that's why Hayato's trick with Josuke worked

Siegcram

Bites the Dust is more like an ability where Killer Queen is "assigned" to Hayato than a separate sub-stand like Sheer Heart Attack, that's why Hayato's trick with Josuke worked
It's still independent from Killer Queen and has separate stats. I wouldn't call those two "abilities".

It's still independent from Killer Queen and has separate stats. I wouldn't call those two "abilities".
Bite the Dust is Killer Queen, though. That's why Kira is defenseless while it is active because it clings to whomever he sets as the trigger. Sheer Heart Attack is separate, yes.

cntr

Banned
wow I just realized that Crazy Diamond and Killer Queen are meant to parallel each other -- complete repair vs. complete destruction

cntr

Banned
A heart rate monitor shows up and flatlines. (Sheer Heart Attack)
The circular loop hints at Bite The Dust (and how circular the "chase" is).
Superfly style towers in the background.
The soup cans have Jotaro's hand symbol on them, they're the cans Jotaro and Josuke practice shooting with.
The briefcases are stained with blood and have Kira's jacket in them.
Jotaro and Koichi pose together, setting up their friendship.
Kira's nail reflects his victims, Shigechi, Reimi, and Aya Tsuji as he cuts it off.
The photo is at the entrance to the ghost alley.
Sheer Heart Attack tracks cover the photos.
The "Ratt" users, the first one in the cake, the second one running across the screen.
The cat skull is Sheer Heart Attack's skull-face, and the Killer Queen symbol.
ACT 3 appears in front of Tamami and Koichi being affected by Heaven's Door
Cindarella and Love Deluxe. (I love that shot, it feels so Persona)
The arrow rains down in front of them, transforms into Cindarella's surgical lines
The surgical lines zoom into a photo of Reimi and Rohan as a kid holding hands, then Kira holding his "girlfriend's" hand, and then Yoshihiro holding the arrow.
Yoshihiro is framed inside the "picture".
The zoom uses the Bite the Dust effect as it goes through the alleyway, there's a sketchy cat skull face, and it explodes into the To Be Continued arrows in the next scene.
Kira activates Bite The Dust at the end while transforming into Kosaku, setting up the next arcs.

small update to list of references

Tizoc

1a51be3be25a8d877166684c82e4fb7e-what-if-seinfeld-was-an-anime.jpg

What is the deal with stands?

Tizoc

No, it's an autonomous secondary stand. It even has its own stats.

Same goes for Bites the Dust.
Hmmm tbh i just treat it as one of kq's abilities
The.ln again araki has done exceptions and gone against the rules he staed from time to time

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
It's actually the katakana for"Ji-yo-Ji-yo" though, not "Jo-u-Jo-u", but little "yo" so it combines into JoJo based on common romanization. You can hear a bit of the y-sound in the show when they say the name.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
omg, there's Jojo underwear? This I have to see.

pls tell me there's boxers with MENACING around the crotch area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom