• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayEH

While the budget must be lower than normal, calling it shit is doing it a disservice. Plenty of great stuff in this episode.
Like I said the last fight looked great but most of the episode was dragon ball super levels of quality but I'll drop it since it seems I'm alone in thinking this.

Astral

Like I said the last fight looked great but most of the episode was dragon ball super levels of quality but I'll drop it since it seems I'm alone in thinking this.

Nah you're not wrong. People just think "shit" is a hyperbole. Again it's impressive it even looked as good as it did considering there was only one person working on it.

I mean, opinions and everything, but I'm struggling to see how anything was Dragon Ball Super levels. Even if the animation was more still frame than usual, it was at least consistent in the few frames it wasn't and the art was good more often than not.

Squishy3

I've been watching One Piece for years and this was never Toei levels of bad at any point

Toei has QUALITY in panning still images that last for 30 seconds, I can't find it but there's a picture of a zoomed in shot that then zooms out to show the entire landscape or something, and that character's face is off-model even at the close-up shot. It doesn't zoom out and then become off-model.

Toei is the worst of the worst, it's entirely inaccurate to say this is Toei levels of bad.

It could be worse, for long-awaited manga adaptations continuing beyond a certain point we could've ended up with Berserk quality and an Enigma Boy that's no longer dark-skinned.

gsafNPF.png

Thud

You're not wrong. It wasn't good. But there are multiple levels of bad. Nowhere near Dragonball Super, especially the first fight against beerus on kaio's planet. Or the stuff that carries the name berserk.

Considering the situation they did a great job. It never detracts from my enjoyment in this series. It is noticeable and with this episode a bit more than otherwise.

Anyway if you think it's shit that's fine, but gimme the bad stuff :p.

Kuroyume

Banned
I'm reading through the manga right now, and watching the anime, and I just wanted to say that Speedwagon is one of the best characters ever in anything.
Sadly though... RIP

I'm reading through the manga right now, and watching the anime, and I just wanted to say that Speedwagon is one of the best characters ever in anything.
Sadly though... RIP

you may not want to be in here if your experiencing for the first time, this place is a spoiler landmine field

What do you folks consider to be the most fearsome stands. Notorious B.I.G. certainly is up there for me.

It also raised an interesting question: when people develop stands, particularly those through the arrow, do they know what their power is, like instinctively? I know Koichi had to learn how Echoes worked, but with a stand that activates upon the user's death, how exactly would they know?

What do you folks consider to be the most fearsome stands. Notorious B.I.G. certainly is up there for me.

Green Day
Marilyn Manson
Notorious B.I.G.
Purple Haze

See none of those are particularly powerful or strong but at least when you get killed by The World or King Crimson you'll just die instantly and not an excruciating and long death.

Matsukaze

Besides the major antagonist Stands?

I wouldn't have expected a Stand named Vitamin C to be very menacing, but that motherfucker is one of the most fearsome Stands around. Green Day was pretty nasty, too, as was Metallica (making someone vomit razor blades is sick).

And yeah, Carne had to have known what his Stand did, even if only because the thing whispered in his head. I like to think Notorious B.I.G. subtly overpowered his will so that Carne would actually be willing to die - not to the same extent Holly's Stand overwhelmed her but sort of like how Cheap Trick can erode someone's willpower through enough exposure.

Cheap Trick is a good one too.

And, I was asking about any stand, really. I recently finished Notorious, and thought of how creepy it was the whole time.

Thud

Part 5 is di molto bene.

The anime will convince the non believers. Just look at Giorno, he could have been a model, but he choose to be a shitty gangster.

cntr

Banned
Part 5 works a lot better in the new translation because they have actual personalities now; like how Giorno isn't really a stoic like Jotaro. Imagine how bad Part 4 would be if the characterization was removed, when Part 5 relies on characters as much as Part 4 does.

Vento Aureo will be fucking great as an anime.

Part 5 is di molto bene.

The anime will convince the non believers. Just look at Giorno, he could have been a model, but he choose to be a shitty gangster.

G A N G S T A R

The scene where Naracnia swims to the boat and joins the gang to betray the boss will be great animated T_T .
and the metallica fight.
and the crimson king time erase effects.
and the buccellati zipper effects.
Part 5 animated will be amazing.

Thud

Most of my compliants with part 4 are gone with the anime and a century has passed so I'm more prepared than anime only watchers.

I could never afford to reread it even with new translations.Just kept reading after part 4 got interesting. In a mere weeks I was up to date with part 7. Crazy rush.

Astral

Part 5 works a lot better in the new translation because they have actual personalities now; like how Giorno isn't really a stoic like Jotaro. Imagine how bad Part 4 would be if the characterization was removed, when Part 5 relies on characters as much as Part 4 does.

Vento Aureo will be fucking great as an anime.

All I got from Giorno was that he's really calm, composed, and virtuous. And also pretty stoic. His extreme composure made him a little boring to me. What has the new translation added to his character?

cntr

Banned
It's how his calmness (not stoicness) works with the other characters; the old translation made them flat, so you don't get any interaction or humor. He's really fun as a straight man to the other characters, which breaks if they're boring too

D-Man

I'm super excited for when Vento Aureo gets animated. Hopefully most of the ASB/EoH voices for the gang aren't changed. I like them a lot, especially Mista's

What? Even at its worse diu is better animated then anything in sdc. It's not exactly got a high budget. Iirc dp are very tiny and run on shoe string budget. Those dvds don't sell that great.

ampere

So I'm reading part 5 right now and don't want to be spoiled, so I probably won't read the thread much right now, but Doppio's phone call shit is killing me. It's hilarious

"Wow they make phones so small and durable now" as he picks up a wet cigarette lol

Matsukaze

As someone who loves making fun of both Giorno and Diavolo, I eagerly await both the anime and the completion of the updated translations so my appreciation of Part 5 can grow.

EDIT: Oh, and Part 5 anime will be glorious first and foremost because of animated SEX PISTOLS!

D-Man

As someone who loves making fun of both Giorno and Diavolo, I eagerly await both the anime and the completion of the updated translations so my appreciation of Part 5 can grow.

EDIT: Oh, and Part 5 anime will be glorious first and foremost because of animated SEX PISTOLS!

tumblr_o2xovzqcqV1s2kojso1_500.png

ampere

Sex Pistols are funny, but Echoes Act 3 is the funniest stand I've seen so far. He swears viciously in English lol

Just finished up Part 5. Ending was... weird, but overall it was a good series. GioGio is an awesome character and it was cool to see (spoilers)
Polnareff
again

I love how many stands and characters are named with music references

I just finished the point after Notorious BIG and Doppio's intro where
Abaccio is killed. A really sad moment, but I loved the afterlife/dream scene at the restaurant

I realized I actually really like part 5. It's a lot better than Stardust with far more interesting stands and characters. I really hope DP animates it.

Also, I wonder how Viz is going to release Diamond, because the end of part 4 and beginning of 5 share a single volume in Japan, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom