• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I believe most people here just said the fights is soooo goood

Yeah, some of part 5's fights are great, like Beach Boy/Grateful Dead, Metallica, and White Album. Even the weaker fights aren't really that bad (excluding the mess that is the Silver Chariot Requiem fight).

KingDirk

GER is so unsatisfying though. Not a clever application of the Stand's abilities (including the ones Araki apparently forgot), just a broken-ass last minute upgrade. At least it led to a great fate worse than death...

ampere

omg part 6 is so damn good. Jolyne is a fantastic character

Right now she's spoiling movies for people and having memory problems lol

Tizoc

I JUST remembered something
Anyone else felt that the Cinderella encounter is oddly placed? IMHO it should've occured BEFORE Shigechi meets Kira. I mean we have an arc where Josuke's friend dies then we get a romance-like story arc before the encounter with Sheer Heart Attack.
I wouldn't be surprised if David Pro decide to have the Cinderella arc occur after Harvest but before Kira's introduction and reveal.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Can David Pro get away with the masturbation scene at the beginning of Part 6---or will it be edited?

Also wonder if they'll keep Act 3's "muthaphukkin" and "beeyatch".

omg part 6 is so damn good. Jolyne is a fantastic character

Right now she's spoiling movies for people and having memory problems lol

Speaking of that, is it true that The Sixth Sense wasn't in Japanese theaters yet when that chapter ran? Meaning Araki spoiled pretty much everyone in Japan?

Would be hilarious if true, but it seems more like a fun story than something that actually happened.

Squishy3

I think they'll keep the guard finding her masturbating but like just show her as "finishing up" or something. Or just keep it as a purely dialogue related thing.

But then things like Masou Gakuen HxH air at the same time slot and is just a thinly veiled excuse for a guy to have to grope girls again.

cntr

Banned
Speaking of that, is it true that The Sixth Sense wasn't in Japanese theaters yet when that chapter ran? Meaning Araki spoiled pretty much everyone in Japan?

Would be hilarious if true, but it seems more like a fun story than something that actually happened.
iirc, it came out very shortly before the chapter

I can't imagine the feeling of a series you've been a fan of for near two (or three!) decades finally hitting the mainstream in the west. Doubly so when previous attempts came close to it.

Soon

5XZOMt9.jpg

Shame they didn't get Koyama, going to miss his "KILLA QUEEN!"

Still, chills at the end of the episode. It's happening.

Edit: Always thought that zigzag thing Rohan had going on was just part of his hair, never actually thought it was a headband, because anime.

Articalys

I won't lie that this actually reduces my hype a fair bit, since I thought Koyama fit the role perfectly, but Morikawa is a veteran, so he should be alright.

I do find it amusing that Rohan and Kira are now voiced by Cloud and Sephiroth, though.

I won't lie that this actually reduces my hype a fair bit, since I thought Koyama fit the role perfectly, but Morikawa is a veteran, so he should be alright.

I do find it amusing that Rohan and Kira are now voiced by Cloud and Sephiroth, though.

Also, both Rohan and Kira have voiced Griffith.

Kira's new voice is very plain and unassuming, which is very good for Kira, but the real test will be when Kira has his quiet life disrupted and starts to go into a rage.

Articalys

KarasuEXE

The wiki says that the JAIL HOUSE LOCK ! arc was published January, 2002, and IMDB says "The Sixth Sense" was released 30 October 1999 in Japan.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I JUST remembered something
Anyone else felt that the Cinderella encounter is oddly placed? IMHO it should've occured BEFORE Shigechi meets Kira. I mean we have an arc where Josuke's friend dies then we get a romance-like story arc before the encounter with Sheer Heart Attack.
I wouldn't be surprised if David Pro decide to have the Cinderella arc occur after Harvest but before Kira's introduction and reveal.
I've always felt the same, even from when I first read the manga. The progress of "Shigechi introduced --> Shigechi killed --> Cinderella introduced --> Cinderella killed" was way too on the nose.

But I seriously doubt David Pro are going to be rearranging any of the arcs.

I squealed like a girl when Koichi stepped out into the street because I knew who we were about to see. No Koyama is a downer but let's give the new guy a chance
Wonder if they'll bring back Koyama for Kawajiri
Nope, it's Morikawa Toshiyuki (who played Diavolo in the recent games).

Really? He doesn't sound like him at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom