• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I totally forgot when the Cheap Trick episode happens, is that before Kira's dad or after?

Like that's the one arc I always forget exists in Diamond until reminded of it.

D-Man

I squealed like a girl when Koichi stepped out into the street because I knew who we were about to see. No Koyama is a downer but let's give the new guy a chance
Wonder if they'll bring back Koyama for Kawajiri

I doubt Kosaku-Kira is gonna have a different voice. He just changes his face, not his body.

You would think the Kawajiri family would notice if Kosaku suddenly had a completely different voice.

I think it's implied that the kawajiri family literally never talk to each other and Kira is just generically monotone.

Which is still kind of silly, but hey. If David Pro decides to switch VOs I wouldn't mind.

fertygo

Moriyama is great fit too, but Koyama is just perfect man ;__;

Worse is I can't think another role Koyama can voice now in JoJo, maybe Nero.. but man he dead in one eps

I wish they switch Moriyama for Pucci instead, now that damn good

Jouji Nakata sound too damn heavy for Pucci, I always imagine Pucci as rather light voiced

Matsukaze

Jouji Nakata sound too damn heavy for Pucci, I always imagine Pucci as rather light voiced
Funny, I always imagined Pucci with a deeper voice and thought Sho Hayami did a very good job (Nakata too).

speaking of families, do you think the Higashitas know Joshuu has a Stand?
I imagine they know Joshuu has a Stand but maybe not what it does. He might have told Joubin, seeing as he tries to curry favor with his big bro, but I imagine it's at least assumed by his dad and siblings.

I'm trying to think of the right place to end the first part of Shigechi's Harvest. Right when the fight is supposed to begin maybe? That's alot of ground to cover for one episode and not enough for the second.

If it ends right when Okuyasu discovers the winning ticket that would make for a fairly drab episode.

Tizoc

I've always felt the same, even from when I first read the manga. The progress of "Shigechi introduced --> Shigechi killed --> Cinderella introduced --> Cinderella killed" was way too on the nose.

But I seriously doubt David Pro are going to be rearranging any of the arcs.

yEAH ON the one hand, Kira follows Josuke and co.'s movements which allow him to learn of Cinderella stand, so on the one hand it fits but on the other the tone of it goes against what was established in the episode prior.

Nottle

At this point I'm pretty much convinced that people just don't want to like Giorno.
Honestly I want to like Giorno a lot. The son of Dio (but also sort of Johnathan) is such a cool idea. I love his look, particularly the checkerboard pattern of the tail of his coat. He has a very interesting stand and interesting backstory... But he is just overshadowed by Bruno and for me really doesn't have that many memorable fights. Initially we are told that his creatures reflect damage back which is in itself very op. Like why not just turn the dirt underneath someone into a thousand ants that get squished? So that was dropped. Then we have the incredibly shonen broken GER.

Gold Experience just seems so creative but also sort of cheap. With Crazy Diamond for example, it felt like its abilities were used in ways that out witted opponents and it still had its drawbacks, while Giorno pressed a win button most of the time.

Also they could have at least brought him back in part 6. After all the teasing it results in nothing and that is ultimately why i don't love him. Araki couldn't find a way to have him lose he just doesn't show up and we are just scratching are heads like "was he held up at the airport and unable to make it to the end of the world?" Part 5 could have been this amazing setup about escaping fate and paying for the sins of the father. Then part 6's finale could have had Jolyne and Giorno fight Pucci, where Brando and Joestar worked together to end Pucci's plan to carry on Dio's horrific legacy. You could have still had the heroes lose but tied everything up in a nice thematic bow.

Grexeno

Then part 6's finale could have had Jolyne and Giorno fight Pucci, where Brando and Joestar worked together to end Pucci's plan to carry on Dio's horrific legacy. You could have still had the heroes lose but tied everything up in a nice thematic bow.
Never, ever have the previous protagonist steal the spotlight from the current one.

Nottle

Never, ever have the previous protagonist steal the spotlight from the current one.
Jotaro sort of beat Giorno to the punch then.

Also Weather Report and Emporio had way more of an impact on that final fight than Jolyne.

The end of stone ocean is ballsy, I respect Araki for it. However making part 4 and 5 a little more relevant to everything could have been awesome. You can see right at the end he made this nice little bit with Dio's kids gathering together, you can tell he was about to do it but ratings were low and Giorno is hard to defeat.

It could have been sort of a book end to that universe. Johnathan went down with the ship with Dio. They were mortal enemies tied together by fate. It would have been perfect to have the offspring of Dio working with the descendants of Johnathan attempting to correct all the mistakes that happened due to that rivalry. Like Phantom Blood they could have still failed spectacularly because ultimately Dio's hatred is just too great to overcome. But like Johnathan's sacrifice before its bittersweet. Erina and Lisa Lisa lived on, and now the Irene universe lives on.

Nottle

Well Jotaro was ultimately the one who defeated Kira, so I guess Araki doesn't care about that.
Exactly, an ambulance driver, Jotaro, Hayate, Josuke, Okuyasu all sort of shared the spotlight in that encounter. Josuke took out Kira's dad and saved Hayate. Meanwhile Hayate really did a lot of the leg work and then Jotaro and the ambulance get the glory.

Same thing happened with Pucci. Jotaro and Empirio were the only ones to even have a chance against Pucci after CMOON. I mean CMOON was giving Jolyne a hard time and then Made in Heaven made everyone but those two useless.
Part 3 is sort of Polnareff's story but that last fight is pretty much all Jotaro once Joseph tells him the stand secret. Guess Jotaro is sort of a show stealer.

Ezalc

Exactly, an ambulance driver, Jotaro, Hayate, Josuke, Okuyasu all sort of shared the spotlight in that encounter. Josuke took out Kira's dad and saved Hayate. Meanwhile Hayate really did a lot of the leg work and then Jotaro and the ambulance get the glory.

Same thing happened with Pucci. Jotaro and Empirio were the only ones to even have a chance against Pucci after CMOON. I mean CMOON was giving Jolyne a hard time and then Made in Heaven made everyone but those two useless.
Part 3 is sort of Polnareff's story but that last fight is pretty much all Jotaro once Joseph tells him the stand secret. Guess Jotaro is sort of a show stealer.

Can't have a main character have a stand that stops time, even for such a little amount, without being massively overpowered compared to all the others.

Nottle

Okuyasu is the one that steal it

And yes I pissed godammit Josuke deserve it

Its like Paul Pierce steal FMVP from KG
Shitty ambulance driver is the real hero... Along with the demon ghosts.

Jotaro has a habit of knocking villains away into things that are very good or very bad...
Punches Dio into Joseph, punches Kira into the path of an ambulance, punches Pucci into the frame thing that lets him get Made In Heaven.

I love how Kira goes out. He's all like "Ok you won but fuck you I won't give you the satisfaction of killing me yourself I'MMA DIVE IN FRONT OF THIS AMBULANCE"

Matsukaze

I just realized that BTD isn't going to have that crazy jet engine sound effect like it did in All-Star Battle. I'm going to miss that effect, even if it didn't really make sense.

I hope when DavidPro animates Abbacchio pissing into the teapot in Part 5, they just go nuts and give it the sound effect of a fire hose to fuck with viewers.

Vento Aureo complete. I really liked the epilogue; I read the nice colored translation.

Question regarding Diavolo's fate: how did he end up in those places after the morgue? Is it just his spirit reliving death, or his physical form too? Although several people interacted with him, so I guess he's physically resetting.

Vento Aureo complete. I really liked the epilogue; I read the nice colored translation.

Question regarding Diavolo's fate: how did he end up in those places after the morgue? Is it just his spirit reliving death, or his physical form too? Although several people interacted with him, so I guess he's physically resetting.

There's a completed color retranslation?

It's just his mind/spirit reliving death, his body was thrown into the Tiber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom