• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottle

Not a single lie detected in that post.
The zebra hat is way cooler and garish than Speedwagon's bowler hat. Even if that hat had secret blades in it.

Also you know Speedwagon was crushing on Erina secretly. Like Mountain Tim he was just too much of a huge coward to do anything.

I like Mountain Tim and Speedwagon because they are sort of weird and lame.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
this could be interpreted hilariously for jojo

wqxzbg.gif

cntr

Banned
Alien Guy's power/stand is never said in the manga itself, right

Oyecomova's stand name is
"oye como va, mi ritmo" translated into Japanese

I really hope they condense the hell out of the harvest mini arc next episode. i recall feeling like it dragged on when I read it in the manga.

What the fuck? Harvest is great. Josuke and Okuyasu's desperate attempts to make money while also being total dicks to Dodoria Jr, it's all amazing. If they cut anything I'll be pissed.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Reading Steel Ball Run volume 6

I'm gonna keep at it, but man I needed a break after that. What the what

Zombie vampire dinosaur?!
Hey, Part 2 had dubstep vampire squirrel attacking cyborg nazi.

.....which speaking of, oh man, I look forward to first time watchers reacting to Jojo on Toonami, especially half the stuff that happens in Part 2.

I think the weirdest thing about Kira is that I sometimes felt like rooting for him. Not out of dislike for the main cast but we spend so much time with him.

Ezalc

The thing I like about him is that even he says that he just wants to live his life without drawing attention. He doesn't want power, money, or influence he just wants to live his life peacefully. Which is something I feel like some people can relate to. The problem comes down to his murderous bloodlust bubbling up every few years because of his nails.

Squishy3

The thing I like about him is that even he says that he just wants to live his life without drawing attention. He doesn't want power, money, or influence he just wants to live his life peacefully. Which is something I feel like some people can relate to. The problem comes down to his murderous bloodlust bubbling up every few years because of his nails.
And we even see in Jojolion he has the same obsessions but isn't a serial killer, and just wants to save his mom.

cntr

Banned
I like how Kira freaks out and gets upset, like when Koichi uses ACT 3 on him and when he accidentally kills Hayato

cntr

Banned
It's a thing in Part 4 in general, almost nobody does what they do simply because they're MWAHAHAHA evil like DIO was, every antagonist has the DiU selfish motivation

it's gureito

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
A lot of people seem to sympathize with Kira---I think because they take his "I just wanna be normal" at face value, when really it's "I want to get away with all the evil shit I do".

Matsukaze

A lot of people seem to sympathize with Kira---I think because they take his "I just wanna be normal" at face value, when really it's "I want to get away with all the evil shit I do".
Do people actually believe Kira is interested in turning over a new leaf or something? I've never encountered someone who didn't understand Kira loves being who he is and has no intentions of developing moral compunctions.

Like, remember when Kira's dad urged him to get the fuck out of town and Kira was so resolute in staying that he chewed the characters for "victory" onto his fingernails?

cntr

Banned
Kira's meant to be charismatic, too, His serial killer charisma impressing even the readers shows how much Araki's writing improved and why Kira's such a good villain.

Do people actually believe Kira is interested in turning over a new leaf or something? I've never encountered someone who didn't understand Kira loves being who he is and has no intentions of developing moral compunctions.

Personally, I feel that the Stray Cat fight in the garden showed that there was the beginning of a chance of Kira turning into a loving husband...but murder boners too strong so yeah. Not to mention Hayato and every single thing he did in his past.

Kira's murder boner is too strong to allow him redemption.

86/150. Very much shame brought to family.

Nearly got all of SC and DIU, forgot Egyptian gods names and Cheap Trick.

Missed most of GW SO and SBR because it's harder for me to associate names with stands when I can barely remember the names. Also Stands are really only named at chapter starts in SBR and Jojolion so those are a lot harder to remember and I'm only at like chapter 20 of Jojolion

Watching this episode I forgot why I disliked Shigechi so much, until they split the money. Fuck Shigechi.

Also, Part 4 seems to have the hardest swings. Last week goes HERE'S KIRA, then this episode. Later on you get Cinderella after Shigechi dies. Somewhat frustrating but fits in well with the theme of Morioh.

Watching this episode I forgot why I disliked Shigechi so much, until they split the money. Fuck Shigechi.

Also, Part 4 seems to have the hardest swings. Last week goes HERE'S KIRA, then this episode. Later on you get Cinderella after Shigechi dies. Somewhat frustrating but fits in well with the theme of Morioh.
I can't wait for Shigechi to get blown up just so I can hear what amazing sound effect they have for Killer Queen

JayEH

I like Shigechi. He's just a kid so of course he will act dumb once he realizes his potential. Always found it sad that he died. Just wrong place, wrong time.

I like Shigechi. He's just a kid so of course he will act dumb once he realizes his potential. Always found it sad that he died. Just wrong place, wrong time.
The thing that gets me is how he said "I've never had friends before" and gives Josuke and Okuyasu the coins he found. Sure, he's an ass later when he gets greedy and reneges on their deal but his story is still sad.

Reminds me of when Kakyoin was young and was a loner/had no friends because no one could see Hierophant.

You um, might wanna start with the 2000 episodes.

But yeah, in 1993 I assume they wanted to adapt Egypt-hen to get the best battles since they weren't getting many eps with an OVA format
I'll just roll with it...is the Dio stuff in the earlier eps or the 2000 eps? Not like I don't know the story of SDC already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom