• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder where this is from

dec.gif

Yonafunu

I wonder why they inserted the bit with Koichi and Yukako there. Could it mean they're moving up Cinderella? Seems weird to add that in so long before it actually goes somewhere.

I wonder why they inserted the bit with Koichi and Yukako there. Could it mean they're moving up Cinderella? Seems weird to add that in so long before it actually goes somewhere.

Time buffer + possibly lead into the cinderella arc with some buildup

I wouldn't mind Cinderella getting moved up in all honesty

"There's no way Jotaro could be quick enough to switch all five cards" *camera panning* "where the fuck did he get that drink from?" Lol this D'arby fight is hilarious. They really need to shorten this Seinfeld with stands theme music.

Squishy3

Probably just to make it seem like the Cinderella storyline doesn't seemingly come out of nowhere, like it does in the manga.

"Last we saw Koichi and Yukako it was him telling her she's a scary girl, now they're having lunch together?"

Also to say "Hey, Yukako exists in case you forgot" to provide some context for The People of Morioh-Cho.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

I think it's just to add to the continuity and remind people that Yukako is still being a creepy stalker. They might move the Cinderella episode up and I don't think it would be a bad change, I agree with Tizoc's recent-ish post about it feeling a little out of place and creating a slight mood whiplash after Fatty's death. But I doubt david pro will do that. They've already added short cameos with characters that won't show up for months before, like Kinoto showing up in Hazamada's Rohan flashback and Kira being visible during the second RHCP episode, though they're not as blatant as this.

Squishy3

I think it's just to add to the continuity and remind people that Yukako is still being a creepy stalker. They might move the Cinderella episode up and I don't think it would be a bad change, I agree with Tizoc's recent post about it feeling a little out of place and creating a slight mood whiplash after Fatty's death. But I doubt david pro will do that. They've already added short cameos with characters that won't show up for months before, like Kinoto showing up in Hazamada's Rohan flashback and Kira being visible during the second RHCP episode, though they're not as blatant as this.
Don't forget Keicho, Yukako and Rohan all being visible in the crowd in the first episode.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Don't forget Keicho, Yukako and Rohan all being visible in the crowd in the first episode.

Yeah, and there are others that they've done before too, like changing the random bird on Dio's shoulder to Pet Shop.

The closest example I can think of to david pro putting in something that foreshadows a future segment past brief cameo levels is the scene where Suzie Q. calls Joseph on the sub. It makes the part where she visits Holly feel a little less out of place compared to how it felt in the manga. I think Yukako's appearance in today's episode is closer to that than her first appearance in the Surface episode or Rohan's appearance in the invisible baby episode, which both happen right before their arcs start.

The only time I can remember david pro actually rearranging events is when they moved the "Shooting Dio" chapter to the first Hol Horse and Boingo episode. So I think that it's possible for the Cinderella episode to come after the Harvest episodes, but I doubt it.

I must say I like Koyasu a lot more than the OVA Dio.

OVA Dio sounds like an old man, which is something that an eternally youthful vampire shouldn't sound like.

aechris

Man the SD OVA is bad. Like it's the best tool for how to not adapt a manga into animation.

I'm going to disagree. This newer, first half (2000) is trash, but the older one with N'Doul, Darby, Vanilla Ice, and Dio is fantastic. Yeah they changed a bunch, but a lot of it is intact and it looks incredible.

There are way worse adaptations. Not that I think the OVA is the end all be all myself. But c'mon now.
They sucked the style and visual flair out of JoJo but what they made so far out of the adaptation in the 90's is pretty watchable so far. So I'll agree that there are way worse things than the ova.

fertygo

90s OVA was great

D'arby and N'doul eps was better than david pros, vanilla ice eps is pretty shit tho, its obvious they care more for Dios fight and rightfully so

meanwhile David Pro's vanilla ice fight is better than The World lmao

90s OVA was great

D'arby and N'doul eps was better than david pros, vanilla ice eps is pretty shit tho, its obvious they care more for Dios fight and rightfully so

meanwhile David Pro's vanilla ice fight is better than The World lmao
I don't like how the OVA rushed to get to the DIO fight though. You barely got a sense of the characters. It's like they picked the stand battles out of a hat and chose to animate them that way and then cut the ones that don't make logical sense.

fertygo

I don't like how the OVA rushed to get to the DIO fight though. You barely got a sense of the characters. It's like they picked the stand battles out of a hat and chose to animate them that way and then cut the ones that don't make logical sense.

Its limited because its not full adaptation, if you accept its just some kind of "best of" its great

Thud

It's dated but has some highs.

SDC manga was also the only part that got licensed outside Japan. And capcom brought that fighter to the west. Different times, where they focused more on what looks cool rather than being faithful. There are a lot of adaptions that completely change direction or are just the worst.

People can still enjoy them, especially if they don't know better. Ignorance is bliss.

There are way worse adaptations. Not that I think the OVA is the end all be all myself. But c'mon now.

It's certainly not the worst adaptation no, but it also never grasped the spirit or style that made the series great. Plus they massively truncated it. No Mariah, no D'arby the Player, No Oingo and Boingo and no Pet Shop, all battles that made JoJo and SD in particular a really entertaining story arc. It took itself way too seriously.

It also doesn't help that the David Pro version blows the OVA out of the water and makes it even worse in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom