• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
d9d.jpg

Are we doing this now?

Tizoc

What were the music tracks used in the last 4 eps. of the David Pro Part 3 anime?
There's this one track that I liked but I don't know its name :X

Those Jojo boxers are very nice. Interestingly, the medium and large fits about the same on me with the medium being slightly tighter. They're not constricting, though.

The colors and art are incredible.

reading people's thoughts on part 4 in the anime thread led to me going through the manga again to see how soon we get to the good stuff

holy shit did araki just decide "I have no idea what my limits are so I'm gonna break them and find out" aliens and ghosts and shit what the fuck was he on lol

Matsukaze

personally I believe mikitaka is an alien with a stand
Same. We got vampires, ancient super-beings stuck in rocks, ghosts, super-intelligent animals... Aliens aren't really stretching anything.

And I like to think that Part 5's "The Arrows were forged from SPACE ROCKS!" revelation retroactively lends credence to Mikitaka's own claims of being from space.

cntr

Banned
I wonder if Araki's ever said anything about the "Requiem Arrow", since it's consistently drawn differently from the other arrows

cntr

Banned
Maybe alien souls are incompatible with the souls of Earth creatures, so he can't see human or animal stands.

Heck, maybe Mikitaka has a punch ghost we can't see because its an alien punch ghost.

cntr

Banned
You know, a weird thing about the pillar men: we don't know what they're normally like.

Kars and Esidisi invented the stone mask and used it before they killed everybody else. So the four Pillar Men are the equivalent of vampires for their species, not normal people.

Numb

Kars needs to come back in a future part with a stand.Or one of his legs that turned into a bird
Just falls like a meteor

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
A Stand where one of its downsides is you can't see Stands, it could happen.

Alternatively I always thought it'd be interesting if you had a protagonist with the opposite of that...a Stand that allows you to see Stands, and their stats, call it "Stand By Me", but otherwise can't do shit. So the protagonist would have to use their brain and human talents to their fullest to win.

cntr

Banned
Stand By Me, lol

That'd be an interesting stand, yeah. Some stands already approach that level of uselessness, it'd be neat to go the full way

cntr

Banned
If the Stone Mask makes you powerful and immortal, but at the cost of having to eat everything, that implies Kars and Wamuu wore it. Then they genocided their species using their new powers.

It isn't presented like a hypothetical, and there's no reason to read it as one.

JayEH

I thought they killed their whole species since the others didn't agree with their plan.

edit: Yeah kars and the pillar men never could use the mask since it couldn't penetrate their skin. That's what the red stone is for. The other pillar men were content living underground but Kars kept pushing for a way to survive the sun aka the mask so the others were going to have him killed but instead he killed them all.

cntr

Banned
I read it like this: the Pillar Men's species evolved in the Americas, Kars invents the mask, uses it with Wamuu, and use their new powers to kill everybody. But that wasn't good enough, they wanted the Aja Stone to make a perfect Mask.

The Pillar Men have powers similar to vampires. If that's their natural power, does the mask turn humans into something closer to the pillar species? Or does does the mask turn both the pillar species and humans into vampires, and it works better on the former since it was designed for them?

You can read it as Kars never using the mask, but there's no reason to when the alternative makes more sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom