• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
report from catching up with the Part 5 retranslation:

Giorno still a good character, King Crimson can be understood with some thought, everything is bene.

The old character designer for the jojo ovas and the never released phantom blood movie did a Kira sketch

13886251_594703624024276_4870769276474180384_n.jpg

D-Man

Having hardcover, English versions of Part 1 and 2 in full on my shelf feels so good. I can't wait for the Part 3 JoJoniums to start coming out.

Having hardcover, English versions of Part 1 and 2 in full on my shelf feels so good. I can't wait for the Part 3 JoJoniums to start coming out.

I just wish we didn't have to wait 3 months for every volume. It's going to be May next year when Volume 3 of Stardust comes out

Matsukaze

The pecking order for me (setting aside Stands):

Bruno > Mista > Abbacchio > Giorno > Trish > Narancia > Coco Jumbo >>> Fugo

With Stands, it becomes:
Mista > Bruno > Za resuto

JayEH

Fugo is top tier. I'd put Abbachio last just because the only thing I remember from him was that he was a cop and got killed off awkwardly.

Matsukaze

I like Abbacchio's snarkiness towards Giorno (and I thought him pissing in the teapot was pretty funny as an introduction). He's pretty territorial and doesn't play nice unless absolutely necessary. He's a lot better than the likes of Fugo, whose highlights include stabbing his own friend with a fork and abandoning the group because the going gets tough.

JayEH

I recall that one of the reasons Fugo was written out was because Araki said he was too OP. He's great in Purple Haze Feedback though. Hope that becomes an OVA.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Fugo's one of those character who's popularity is probably due to him being dropped. Forbidden fruit and all that.

I recall that one of the reasons Fugo was written out was because Araki said he was too OP. He's great in Purple Haze Feedback though. Hope that becomes an OVA.

People keep saying it will for sure since they're animating one of the Rohan ones but I doubt that, the former has a comic ready for DP to use while the latter is a novel meaning they'll have to do a lot of the work from scratch.

At the very least I hope during the final scene with Giorno as the boss they show Fugo by his side implying the events of Feedback happened.

It was something to do with his soul getting switched at the end and not being able to reach his own body. That entire end sequence is hard to follow.
He got switched into Giornos body with Silver Chariot Requiem, then King Crimson happened and Giornos body was on a spiky fence or something.

Body got healed but Narancias spirit flew away

Matsukaze

Ya know, browsing that Bleach finale thread has made me appreciate Araki even more.

I know next to nothing about Bleach and haven't read a single chapter but I'm fascinated by the overwhelming and fervent consensus by its own (former) fans that it will have one of the worst endings in manga history. It's like Kubo is this evil/corrupt reflection of Araki, where he still upholds rule of cool (or tries to) but has given his soul to incoherence and has no desire to give his fans any sense of fulfillment or satisfaction. I kinda want to see these reactions out of some detached, morbid curiosity.

Then I remember how consistently amazing JoJo has been all these years and I want to send Araki a big thank you note.

Ya know, browsing that Bleach finale thread has made me appreciate Araki even more.

I know next to nothing about Bleach and haven't read a single chapter but I'm fascinated by the overwhelming and fervent consensus by its own (former) fans that it will have one of the worst endings in manga history. It's like Kubo is this evil/corrupt reflection of Araki, where he still upholds rule of cool (or tries to) but has given his soul to incoherence and has no desire to give his fans any sense of fulfillment or satisfaction. I kinda want to see these reactions out of some detached, morbid curiosity.

Then I remember how consistently amazing JoJo has been all these years and I want to send Araki a big thank you note.

Kubo's biggest problem with Bleach is his pacing. I think this final arc has been going on for like 5 years or something. Some previous ones lasted years as well. So I can see a totally lackluster ending happening solely because he's being pushed with just a few chapters to wrap up.

Now I love part 5 as much as the rest of the true believers but honestly the most memorable thing about Fugo was when he said "I'm out" after shit started getting real. Kinda soured me on his character there.

IDK what this Purple Haze Feedback is, maybe I should check it out.

Now I love part 5 as much as the rest of the true believers but honestly the most memorable thing about Fugo was when he said "I'm out" after shit started getting real. Kinda soured me on his character there.

IDK what this Purple Haze Feedback is, maybe I should check it out.

Light novel written by the Boogiepop Phantom author that takes place after part 5. Pretty much dedicated entirely to tying up the Fugo issue. Araki did some art for it like the other jojo light novels.

A translation is out there in the wild.

cntr

Banned
Purple Haze Feedback is well-written and consistent enough that it's popularly considered canon in Japan and elsewhere, even if it officially isn't.

Plus it resolves more than just Fugo, like Tonio's backstory.

Thud

Kubo is alright. He doesn't give af. I remember the time he left out the background. Everything looked bleached with all that white. Since then I got that title.

Manga is mediocre at best except for the art and what he does with panel presentation. Very fluid. However the average chapter is read in like 30 seconds due to his weird pacind.

Recently I saved up a whole bunch of chapters and that was pretty enjoyable. Then he rushed for the ending, he must have said something like "I'm out, bitches". Well at least in my headcanon.

It's not like he's the first to screw it up. Toriko is also ending soon, that manga got weird even for a jojo reader.

cntr

Banned
Toriko's author never screwed it up, he's just being forced to end because he's unpopular. It's a weird muscle-y 80s-style battle shounen.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Toriko's author never screwed it up, he's just being forced to end because he's unpopular. It's a weird muscle-y 80s-style battle shounen.

I thought Toriko was super popular. What happened, I haven't really kept up with the trends for the last two years.

cntr

Banned
Nope, Toriko's always been middling in sales and ranks. So the author's being forced to compress like, 7 arcs and abandon the foreshadowed space adventures.

Unlike Kubo or Kishimoto, he's still a good writer, but yeah. ):

Purple Haze Feedback is well-written and consistent enough that it's popularly considered canon in Japan and elsewhere, even if it officially isn't.

Purple Haze Distortion is in All Star Battle, so that's something.

Shueisha or Toei def tried to push it hard, putting Toriko alongside big boys Dragon Ball and One Piece in an anime special. But alas.

And man, I should be happy I jumped ship from Bleach when it started showing signs of prolonged, uninteresting ending but I used to be hooked hard. Sad to see it turn out like this.

fertygo

Nope, Toriko's always been middling in sales and ranks. So the author's being forced to compress like, 7 arcs and abandon the foreshadowed space adventures.

Unlike Kubo or Kishimoto, he's still a good writer, but yeah. ):

Shueisha does try to push it hard tho, its just not work.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Wow. You guys weren't kidding, the last volume of battle tendency is massive. Time to start reading!!

That saves me from having to ask about its canon-status. Maybe I'll check it out down the line.

Also, Kars looks like he's eating chips on the volume 4 cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom