• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

I had no fucking idea that crazy ass woman could sing...and I'm basing the assumption that she's crazy on this series of interviews here:
Araki Hirohiko Interview: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure【English Subbed】1/3
Never mind bae cray cray...

Why can't I find an American woman like this?
snc-500x236.png

yes.gif

cntr

Banned
There are singers that "sing" and singers that can actually sing. I guess they have higher standards for vocal talent in Japan.
She's just a rich musician who can be as eccentric as she wants, that's what musicians do.

She sang Sorairo Days, after all, nobody cares what she does.

She's just a rich musician who can be as eccentric as she wants, that's what musicians do.

She sang Sorairo Days, after all, nobody cares what she does.
Better to be eccentric with money than eccentric and broke. Surprised she hasn't voiced a character yet.

cntr

Banned
(Prompted from the anime thread discussion):

One of the coolest things about Jolyne she's not just a male character with boobs, she's written like an actual woman, while still being a crazy bizarre Jojo protagonist. No moe shit either.

You don't see that many writers achieve that, especially in battle shounen. Makes Araki's fumbles in previous parts even weirder in retrospect, wonder how much those rumors of editor interference were true...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Better to be eccentric with money than eccentric and broke. Surprised she hasn't voiced a character yet.

she always voices a major movie character in the Pokemon movies and is a host of the Pokemon variety show during Sunday mornings since DP

she always voices a major movie character in the Pokemon movies and is a host of the Pokemon variety show during Sunday mornings since DP
Too bad I don't watch Pokemon anymore. I need to try hopping on the mangas when DiU is done. Would love to read parts five and six. I tried reading six before DiU came out and just couldn't get passed like the first five pages. I think not doing the story in sequential order just fucked with my head too much since I was like "well what went on before this part happened?"

cntr

Banned
Part 5's new translation should be done by the time DiU ends, so you can enjoy Giorno and co. as di molto bene.

I fully plan to use Italian everywhere for the Part 5 thread.

I would imagine. It's more similar to stardust crusaders except nobody is fucking around. It can get really mean.
So none of the stand users are fucking around being idiots like the first part of SDC?
People like playing mafia.

However Duwang vs Kira is hype af. Should keep them quiet.
I can't wait for Josuke vs Kira. I don't even know what his damn stand does, but it's probably awesome.

Part 5's new translation should be done by the time DiU ends, so you can enjoy Giorno and co. as di molto bene.

I fully plan to use Italian everywhere for the Part 5 thread.

Something just crossed my mind.

Why don't they keep the name for Part 5 Stands the same but in Italian? Surely they can avoid copyright issues and more make sense by doing so.

Weiss

Banned
I'm subbing back to Crunchyroll for JoJo.

What's some other good shows on it? So far I've racked up DRRR!!, Mob Psycho, Berserk and Digimon.

You could try Re:Zero. It's a nice spin (some say deconstruction) on the whole "Light Novel male protagonist in a fantasy world" that's popular nowadays.
---
Make everyone speak Italian. Let's go all the way.

JayEH

Something just crossed my mind.

Why don't they keep the name for Part 5 Stands the same but in Italian? Surely they can avoid copyright issues and more make sense by doing so.

Whatever they do they better not call Gold Experience, golden wind, or sticky fingers zipper man, or Aerosmith lil bomber. Goodness part 5 got absolutely butchered in the game localization.

cntr

Banned
I was bored, so:

Esperienza D'oro
Dita Appiccicosi
Aerofabbro
Sei Pistola
Blu Malinconico
Ragazza Piccante
Foschia Viola
Re Cremisi

These, without a doubt, are terrible literal translations. Sorry if any of you speak Italian. Moody Blues is probably the worst.

So ummmm...I rewatched that Shokotan interview without um....skipping the part summaries and ummmm...got to part 5....and um...what the fucking fuck?!!! I thought Diego was Dio's only kid or something. I need to start reading this shit already.
giphy.gif

Matsukaze

So ummmm...I rewatched that Shokotan interview without um....skipping the part summaries and ummmm...got to part 5....and um...what the fucking fuck?!!! I thought Diego was Dio's only kid or something. I need to start reading this shit already.
I don't know if I should spoiler this or not:

You mean Giorno. Diego is the Dio Brando of the SBRverse.

But Dio did in fact have multiple sons in the original universe.

I don't know if I should spoiler this or not:

You mean Giorno. Diego is the Dio Brando of the SBRverse.

But Dio did in fact have multiple sons in the original universe.
I had always just assumed
Diego was his kid cause of his last name since I didn't read SBR, just knew of the character and that he turns into a raptor, didn't know jack shit about Giorno though. Makes sense though since the Jojo's are never fucking blonde.
Part 5 good? Now I really feel like I have to read that. Might not feel like waiting till like 2018 to see it animated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom