• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
He's got work from before JoJo like Gorgeous Irene and Cool Shock BT, and a lot of book covers (Japan release of Alex Rider series, science magazines, etc), plus some album covers for bands like Soul'd Out.

Ahh cool, so mostly book covers for Japan only and album covers. Wish he'd do some video game covers back then.

Hell, wish he'd do covers for foreign artists!

EDIT: that cover - The Killer Queens lol

If the Cinderella arc does get moved up the only thing that gets screwy is now Kira coincidentally finds his way into Aya's salon whereas in the manga he knew about it by keeping tabs on everyone.
Good point.

If it happens at that point, Koichi will regularly see Yukako, prompting Kira to keep tabs on her. So maybe they'll bank on Yukako getting chummy Aya, adding a few scenes?

So according to this tweet by the french translator for a french DiU simulacast, episode 20 "isn't what I expected, but the choice makes sense."

Cinderella arc coming first?

Not sure how to feel about that if true. I liked the whole dynamic of introducing a new character and then killing them off immediately. Made Kira seem more dangerous.

Nottle

Giorno's stand a punch ghost too or is it something more "intricate?"
Honestly I waver on if I think Giorno's stand is the coolest stand ever or really lame in a Mary Sue sort of way. Visually it fits Giorno
Spoilers for what his stand is:
Vanilla Gold Experience is maybe the strongest stand in existence along with Star Platinum The World, Cream, White Snake, Made In Heaven, and D4C/Love Train. It creates life... Now here is the problem I have with this stand:
1) it sort of greatly overshadows Josuke's Crazy Diamond, unlike Diamond it can heal it's user and bring back people from death as long as it was pretty much the moment they died.
2) It has a lot of abilities that are amazing and get dropped because they make no sense. One of the first fights Gio has he turns something into a frog that gets smashed by Leaky Left Eye Luca, this damage is reflected back to the attacker. This is used this one time because it's the most amazing ability ever. Imagine turning dirt into ants that get stepped on, now the villain instant dies. Also the ability to add life to the living and sort of overload them mentally was sort of cool. But that's dropped too. Overall it's a stand that has very little in terms of weakness unlike pretty much every other main hero stand which has some obvious flaw or gimmick to add to the tension.
3) It seems like despite being a really op but still interesting Araki couldn't think of a way to have Gold Experience beat King Crimson nor to have Giorno help out in part 6. GER seems like the most typical Shonen thing that has ever happened in Jojo, last minute power up that's power is to basically be unbeatable really lacked the creative aspects that made both SC AND DIU's finale so cool.

Though I do really like the product of Dio and Johnathan is this perfect ubermensch blending the positive aspects of both people. It makes sense that his stand is this godlike power of creating life and warping reality.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I still don't get what happened with Gold Experience at the end of the Baby Face fight.

So according to this tweet by the french translator for a french DiU simulacast, episode 20 "isn't what I expected, but the choice makes sense."

Cinderella arc coming first?

I actually misremembered Cinderella as coming after Harvest, so I guess it makes more sense and makes the pacing work a bit better.

On the one hand, having Kira suddenly show up and murder the hell out of Shigechi right after he joins the cast, and then doing the same to Aya a couple of episodes later makes Kira seem super threatening in a way that he's managing to pop up out of nowhere and then blend back into Morioh without being caught.

On the other, having lovey dovey Cinderella right after a middle schooler gets blown up and the gang swears to find the brutal serial killer is, uh, odd.

JayEH

I actually misremembered Cinderella as coming after Harvest, so I guess it makes more sense and makes the pacing work a bit better.

On the one hand, having Kira suddenly show up and murder the hell out of Shigechi right after he joins the cast, and then doing the same to Aya a couple of episodes later makes Kira seem super threatening in a way that he's managing to pop up out of nowhere and then blend back into Morioh without being caught.

On the other, having lovey dovey Cinderella right after a middle schooler gets blown up and the gang swears to find the brutal serial killer is, uh, odd.

well throughout the part they're always doing dumb shit when they should be worried about other stuff.

cntr

Banned
Giorno getting a Requiem stand isn't random. Giorno actually tries to activate GER before the final fight, and fails.

It's the same thing as Kira. Kira acquires Bite the Dust in his moment of ultimate despair, when the arrow chooses to pierce him. The arrow recognizes Kira's ultimate resolve and pierces him.

The arrow refuses to stab both Diavolo and Giorno because they lack real resolve. Diavolo believes he's destined to win, Giorno's motivations are not more complex than becoming a gangstar. It's in his moment of ultimate despair, when everybody's dead, and he's about to be dead, that the arrow chooses to stab him and create GER. It's the resolution of Giorno's character arc.

If the Cinderella arc does get moved up the only thing that gets screwy is now Kira coincidentally finds his way into Aya's salon whereas in the manga he knew about it by keeping tabs on everyone.
You could always say Kira knew about her powers, the same way he knew about the ghost alley.

cntr

Banned
The best part is that Bruno talks about how even a single punch feels like it lasts an agonizing eternity, and Giorno does that.

And Cioccolata deserves it.

No, he uses it again with Cioccolata. Then MUDA's him for 7 pages.
I don't know why I remember something from the very beginning, but not towards the end. Oh well

Anyway, went to a local anime shop today. I had purchased a Phantom Blood trading figure there last year, which was a neat inexpensive little thing. I did notice how they had almost zero Jojo stuff from Japan, and it apparently isn't popular enough. Which is weird since I was told otherwise last year when I went there to buy Rohan at the Louvre.

I guess those Phantom Blood figures had been there for about eight years, according to one of the store owners. They were from the '07 movie :/

Oh well, that's what eBay, mandarake, yahoo are for....

Thud

Oh shit Cinderella next week

RG0BS1U.gif

That makes it even more interesting.

D-Man

Holy shit @ Stray Cat showing up. Can someone remind me what the Josuke lip bite is from? Is it from the Enigma battle?

oh wow they even put the rats as well. god i love the fact they keep changing this ED, i hope we keep i all the way to the end

on todays ep i love how they used those golden colours, i always really liked that cover

also i'm wonder how DP are gonna deal with the plot hole of Kira knowing about Aya Tsuj and her Cinderella

Erigu

i'm wonder how DP are gonna deal with the plot whole of Kira knowing about Aya Tsuj and her Cinderella
I don't think that's necessarily a problem. The Cinderella incident doesn't have to be the only time the characters were in contact. It seems the Moriô Stand Users stay in touch. Kira might have witnessed one of those other meetings.

Astral

Yeah Stand users are drawn to each other right? It's not too hard to believe that he's passed by her parlor or something and saw what her Stand could do.

Erigu

And I guess they could also just add her to that meeting in the street after Shigechi's death, too. It would certainly make sense for her to be there if they already know her at that point. Kira sees her then, and later finds out who she is exactly.

I was salty about Cinderella being first, but it makes sense to have that before Quiet Life so that it doesn't make Koichi and Jotaro look like assholes who waited a few days before investigating a killer

Still not a fan of them running with Cinderella first (as I said earlier, Kira just showing up and offing characters after their introduced makes him look extremely dangerous), but this sets a precedent for future parts so I'm not too mad. They can fix the bullshit at the end of part 5 when they get there.

Edit: Just realized that they showed Stray Cat. You do you David Pro.

images

The Cinderalla arc is my least favourite arc in DiU because of how out of place it is and how fucking selfish it made Yukako seem(not that she already wasn't). It's like... YUKAKO, someone just died and Koichi is trying to help out with the murder investigation, stop trying to force your way into a relationship at a time where so much is at stake. Rearranging the arcs will make some people impatient, but I'd much rather have the back to back with Kira in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom