• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottle

I had always just assumed
Diego was his kid cause of his last name since I didn't read SBR, just knew of the character and that he turns into a raptor, didn't know jack shit about Giorno though. Makes sense though since the Jojo's are never fucking blonde.
Part 5 good? Now I really feel like I have to read that. Might not feel like waiting till like 2018 to see it animated.
Dude just you wait... Things get bizarre.

Part 5 seems to get pooped on over here, some people are huge fans. Personally I don't love it but I think it finally being animated will make it a more interesting experience because I think it's fights will make more sense once animated and with a proper translation.

I just watched the Eyes of Heaven story and honestly it could've been much worse. I actually enjoyed the Battle Tendency chapter mostly because of Oldseph and how ridiculous it was to me that all 3 pillar men arrived at Lisa Lisa's island at the same time unlike in canon for literally no reason. I also liked Valentine and his role tbh. Jotaro pulling reality manipulation powers out of his ass was lol

D-Man

The EoH story is not as bad as people make it out to be. It's a dumb, silly, little non-canon story and it knows this. JoJo's is already silly, so the story just kicks it up a notch. Plus, it's fun to see characters that would have never interacted in canon speak and make sarcastic replies to each other.

Dude just you wait... Things get bizarre.

Part 5 seems to get pooped on over here, some people are huge fans. Personally I don't love it but I think it finally being animated will make it a more interesting experience because I think it's fights will make more sense once animated and with a proper translation.
Giorno's stand a punch ghost too or is it something more "intricate?"

Then you're in for quite the ride with Vento Aureo.
Perfect. Wish DiU would finish up so I can start reading this stuff. I might not read SDC since it seems to be my least favorite one, but I checked Amazon and the Jojonium reprints aren't badly priced. Will probably be a bit before they hit Part 5 though.

The Stand Green Day creates
a mold that will fucking kill if you go down in altitude based on your height. Bend over, fall down, etc, and you're fucked

That's a pretty basic example, it's one of the more "normal?" Stands in P5.
So you mean to tell me this stand could kill you when you go take a shit. How in the fuck is that considered a "normal" stand? Araki must've been on some good shit for that part.

So you mean to tell me this stand could kill you when you go take a shit. How in the fuck is that considered a "normal" stand? Araki must've been on some good shit for that part.

I assume he means "normal" as in "straightforward and simple to understand". In which case I guess it kinda is?

Nairume

Banned
The recent Anime DVD and Blu-Ray sales chart shows that the latest Diamond is Unbreakable sales are holding solid, so that's good. The numbers tell me what I already know, which is that Jojo has a consistent buyers base. Osomatsu-San is a monster holy shit.
I'm also admittedly curious to see how the english manga sales are doing for Viz, though I guess that they've committed to doing all of the SDC Jojoniums and doing physical releases of DiU is probably a good sign.

Incidentally, the last volume of the Jojonium Battle Tendency came out in the US yesterday. They've thankfully stopped flipping the two page spreads into being single vertical pages. The interview with Araki in back (this time about Kars) is also priceless.

He basically puts the Jorge Joestar writer on blast for trying to bring Kars back

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The weirdest thing about EOH is how come the good guys don't all come out of the turtle whenever a bad guy shows up?

Like by the time the Pillar Man showed up they had like 10 Stand Users on their side + five Hamon practitioners.

The weirdest thing about EOH is how come the good guys don't all come out of the turtle whenever a bad guy shows up?

Like by the time the Pillar Man showed up they had like 10 Stand Users on their side + five Hamon practitioners.

To be fair, with that many people I wouldn't get my ass off the couch in that turtle unless it was personal either, someone else can just take care of it lol

Matsukaze

I'm pretty new to NeoGAFs ways of doing things, would it be improper to make a separate thread for discussion of current manga stuff?
We talk about the entire series here, including JoJolion. Another thread for the manga isn't really necessary, but feel free to bring up any topic of conversation about current chapters here.

Matsukaze

I just feel so bad about the prospect of potentially spoiling stuff for people that want to specifically discuss the anime I guess haha
There's a separate thread in regular OT for the anime. This thread is anything goes with Parts 1-8, but the anime thread is specifically designed to be spoiler-free beyond the most recent episode.

bodyelectrics

Neo Member
There's a separate thread in regular OT for the anime. This thread is anything goes with Parts 1-8, but the anime thread is specifically designed to be spoiler-free beyond the most recent episode.

Ah, gotcha - that is similar to other communities I've been a part of. Neat!

Well I guess I'll introduce myself by listing the completed parts I like in order of Best to Worst. JoJolion is a heavy contender for first.

7 - Steel Ball Run > 4 - Diamond is Unbreakable > 5 - Vento Aureo > 3 - Stardust Crusaders > 6 - Stone Ocean > 2 - Battle Tendency > 1 - Phantom Blood

Despite Stone Ocean being so low I think Jolyne is my favorite protagonist, the story simply has some pacing issues/poor Stand fights imo. I even have a dog named after her, lol.

I just feel so bad about the prospect of potentially spoiling stuff for people that want to specifically discuss the anime I guess haha

to quote the first post

ANIME ONLY WATCHERS, YOU ARE WELCOMED, BUT ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK OF BEING SPOILED

plus we always warn people if they are new and post here, the one other thing that could be done is put "manga spoilers" in the title of the thread

bodyelectrics

Neo Member
to quote the first post

ANIME ONLY WATCHERS, YOU ARE WELCOMED, BUT ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK OF BEING SPOILED
plus we always warn people if they are new and post here, the one other thing that could be done is put "manga spoilers" in the title of the thread

I saw that and don't really appreciate your condescension. Someone else in the thread pointed out that there is a separate thread for anime watchers.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I don't think he was being condescending, just saying what guidelines have been set up. We use open spoilers for pre-Jojolion material, and that's all laid out up front for anime-only watchers who want to take a look inside here.

I don't think he was being condescending, just saying what guidelines have been set up. We use open spoilers for pre-Jojolion material, and that's all laid out up front for anime-only watchers who want to take a look inside here.

yeah i was pointing it out, not trying to say anything bad here just wanna make thing clear that's all

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Say, has Araki done work outside of Jojo? Like, Tetsuo Hara of Fist of the North Star I remember doing art for video games like Muscle Bomber/Saturday Night Slam Masters and I think World Heroes.

Say, has Araki done work outside of Jojo? Like, Tetsuo Hara of Fist of the North Star I remember doing art for video games like Muscle Bomber/Saturday Night Slam Masters and I think World Heroes.

He's got work from before JoJo like Gorgeous Irene and Cool Shock BT, and a lot of book covers (Japan release of Alex Rider series, science magazines, etc), plus some album covers for bands like Soul'd Out.

Even the stands themselves are thinking this is bullshit. :p
Jotaro: Stah Pratinum!!!"
Star Platinum: "These fucking stands are getting out of hand! I'm fucking done."
Stands get progressively crazier in each part. They get dialed back a bit in Part 7, but there's still some crazy shit there.

Part 6 is the peak of crazy bullshit Stand powers, in my opinion.
I'm going to assume they got dialed back cause that's pretty much when he rebooted the franchise. I have no idea how he did it, but I'm assuming the reboot method was bat shit.

Thud

Jotaro: Stah Pratinum!!!"
Star Platinum: "These fucking stands are getting out of hand! I'm fucking done."

I'm going to assume they got dialed back cause that's pretty much when he rebooted the franchise. I have no idea how he did it, but I'm assuming the reboot method was bat shit.

Star Platinum is basically Baoh. The narrator talks for him lol.

If the Cinderella arc does get moved up the only thing that gets screwy is now Kira coincidentally finds his way into Aya's salon whereas in the manga he knew about it by keeping tabs on everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom