• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
There are dolphin stands in Jorge Joestar.

there's also a stand that's literally a fat cop wearing an I ♥ NYC shirt

I'm so glad to finally see this animated this week
S9wbfwL.jpg

Apparently CyberConnect2 helped model Shigechi's harvest.

Yeah I noticed there were some parts where they looked CG, wondered about that.

Jolyne's prime anime colors will either be blue-green (the most common)

images%5Cchars%5Cgame%5Cjolyne_jba-882.png

Or the less common but more "realistic" blond-black with pink highlights

tumblr_inline_nwt9ak3uWc1s7vkac_540.png

Jolyne's prime anime colors will either be blue-green (the most common)

images%5Cchars%5Cgame%5Cjolyne_jba-882.png

Or the less common but more "realistic" blond-black with pink highlights

tumblr_inline_nwt9ak3uWc1s7vkac_540.png
She does look suave as fuck with teal and blue hair, but she seems to look good regardless. Second color scheme practically looks like Juri...yes I know Juri is based off of her.

Jolyne has a lot of Joseph's traits but they're played up as negatives.

She's brash, hot blooded, flighty, impulsive, and short tempered, which gets her in trouble with the law and leads to some very bad decisions.

She's missing a father like all the other Jojos, which has left her with noticeable behavioral problems.

She's definitely the most sexually open Jojo next to Joseph, while her predecessors are practically asexual.

Her character development comes when she calms down and approaches things more stoically like her father.

She's brash, hot blooded, flighty, impulsive, and short tempered, which gets her in trouble with the law and leads to some very bad decisions.

She's missing a father like all the other Jojos, which has left her with noticeable behavioral problems.

She's definitely the most sexually open Jojo next to Joseph, while her predecessors are practically asexual.

Her character development comes when she calms down and approaches things more stoically like her father.
Most Jojo dads seem to have the excuse of being dead, dafuq is Jotaro's excuse? Jonathan had a good dad, his only short coming seemed to be trusting Dario and just being an honorable idiot.

cntr

Banned
I always liked Josuke's comments about "being more of a true love kind of guy" in the Ratt arc. Joseph, you ass. Josuke's probably not asexual like Jotaro and Giorno, he's just vanilla with love.

Jolyne marks the shift to Araki's focus on character development and change, so she starts off with a lot more problems than any Jojo before her.

I always liked how it's Giorno and Jonathan that are the only Jojos to not get into trouble with the law -- Jonathan because he's a British gentleman, Giorno because he bribes them.

D-Man

Jolyne is one of my top 3 JoJos next to Josuke and Joseph. She's real cute and a major badass. She deserves more love tbh.

cntr

Banned
Just wait for the Stone Ocean anime, and then everybody'll know how Jolyne's the best.

Props to Stone Free for being one of the coolest stands, too.

Jolyne is one of my top 3 JoJos next to Josuke and Joseph. She's real cute and a major badass. She deserves more love tbh.
I'm already a Jolyne stan...just wait till I actually start reading Part 6. Yeah I think when DiU is done I'm going to dive into Part 5.

With Stone Free, I remember at first being disappointed at the powerset of string coming straight off a stand that reverses anything and a stand that creates life.

Lo and behold, it exceeded expectations and quickly became one of my favorite and creative stands.

Edit: Punch Ghosts are always welcomed.

cntr

Banned
tbh, I was so relieved when I read Stone Ocean for the first time and Araki gave Jolyne a proper Jojo punch ghost.

It's even physically stronger than Star Platinum like Crazy Diamond, lol.

Dad Jotaro certainly was an asshole, but to be fair it probably actually was a good thing he kept his distance. God knows how many random enemy stand attacks he had to protect his family from without them noticing.

Woo I fiished reading part 6

What in the fuck just happened

Heaven happened

Yeah, at least Joseph had Erina and Speedwagon, and money. Let's not forget Joseph was a rich white boy which had to have kept him out of big trouble.

On the subject of Jolyne, I'm not the only one really bothered by the "Cujoh" instead of "Kujo" thing am I

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I liked Stone Free from the jump. I mean, Jolyne used it to rip off a guard's ear in the first chapter, which is a pretty gnarly way to introduce your new WSJ protag.

All this Jolyne talk makes me want David Pro to skip part 5 straight to part 6. I mean they won't because Part 5 is too fabulous not to produce as an anime but still.

cntr

Banned
I like the Cujoh thing. It makes sense for Jolyne to write her name in Latin letters, not romanization.

speaking of, I like how diverse the Jojos are, especially for a manga:

Jonathan is a British Victorian gentleman, Joseph is a British guy who became an American guy from New York, Jotaro is a Japanese guy with a British-Italian mom who speaks English fluently and later moved to America to study dolphins, Josuke's an illegitimate British-Japanese kid, Giorno's a Japanese-British guy who moved to Italy and became a completely Italian mafioso, and Jolyne is a teenager who lives in Florida with her single mom (who's Italian-American). Then Johnny's a British-American guy born in Kentucky who rides horses, and Gappy is...complicated.

That's a level of complicated diversity you barely see in Western fiction, let alone Japanese. It's great.

On the subject of Jolyne, I'm not the only one really bothered by the "Cujoh" instead of "Kujo" thing am I

I believe (and googling seems to show people saying the same) is that she keeps her name (with it being more americanized) while also distancing herself from her dad, who is still Kujo.

I should just get Eyes of Heaven. I think about how amazing Jojo characters are and I just wanna play a game with them.

Why the fuck is Foo Fighters not playable though

I believe (and googling seems to show people saying the same) is that she keeps her name (with it being more americanized) while also distancing herself from her dad, who is still Kujo.

Yeah I thought that was the intent as well. Surprised to see it supported in All Star Battle, too.

cntr

Banned
you know, it's kind of weird how Foo Fighters takes over a corpse and then assumes the girl's memories as her own

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
you know, it's kind of weird how Foo Fighters takes over a corpse and then assumes the girl's memories as her own

Then Araki pretty much goes "yeah this girl was pretty much trash" so you don't really feel sorry for her.

IIRC. she was obsessed with being kidnapped so she kidnapped a little kid.

That's...not a bad explanation actually

I should just get Eyes of Heaven. I think about how amazing Jojo characters are and I just wanna play a game with them.

Why the fuck is Foo Fighters not playable though

Because we can't have good things, and the lack of cameo in the ending could even imply that all dead characters got retconned into living EXCEPT her. Talk about unfair.

Don't forget she used to eat people too

cntr

Banned
Speaking of Kira, there's a theory that they never find Shizuka's mom because she was killed by Kira at some point.

Which is really fucked up, but makes sense.

Speaking of Kira, there's a theory that they never find Shizuka's mom because she was killed by Kira at some point.

Which is really fucked up, but makes sense.

Just makes me glad that Araki didn't have Kira kill Josuke's mom. He could have so easily done it but I'm glad he didn't.

cntr

Banned
The two people that Josuke gives a fate worse than death are Angelo and Terunosuke, the guy that killed his grandfather and the guy who kidnapped his mom.

So who knows what the hell he would've done to Kira if he killed his mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom