• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of death doesn't really fit the tone DiU has, since the big thing about it that even though it's a crazy town with a psycho serial killer, most of the people aren't evil and there are good people who love that town. It fits Vento since it's the mafia and it's a hitsquad and everyone is out for murder right from the start, even the main crew.

cntr

Banned
Gappy came pretty close to killing in cold blood before, but he really crossed that line with Damo's death.
I'm not sure if that counts as "cold blood", given what Damo did just minutes earlier.

Giorno and Johnny kill people whenever necessary and don't feel much about it.

Squishy3

The only thing I'm actually wondering now is how they handle Quiet Life -> Sheer Heart Attack because Cinderella being between the two lets you know at least a day or two's passed allowing Jotaro to have gone to all the tailors already

cntr

Banned
David Pro announced a big announcement for February, the same way they announced DiU...so I guess they'll announce it then and air it around autumn/winter.

Kurtofan

The only thing I'm actually wondering now is how they handle Quiet Life -> Sheer Heart Attack because Cinderella being between the two lets you know at least a day or two's passed allowing Jotaro to have gone to all the tailors already

Well there's a week between the airing of the last part of Quiet Life/People of Morioh and the start of Sheer Heart Attack...

Cinderella doesn't really add to the time frame.

cntr

Banned
Just add a small search montage at the beginning, add some comments from Jotaro saying he's been searching for a few days. They did something like that to set up Kira/Cinderella, after all.

Kurtofan

Just add a small search montage at the beginning, add some comments from Jotaro saying he's been searching for a few days. They did something like that to set up Kira/Cinderella, after all.

I mean they could do it, but it's not necessary, the beginning of SHA works well on its own.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure if that counts as "cold blood", given what Damo did just minutes earlier.

Giorno and Johnny kill people whenever necessary and don't feel much about it.

I don't know, when I think of killing in cold blood, I think of killing someone ruthlessly with zero regret, like how Giogio killed Cioccolata or how Johnny killed everyone, regardless of what they had done. Damo was pretty evil, but Gappy's response is a lot different compared to how a character like Josuke would have acted. S&W just punches him in the head while Gappy points at him, right after Damo attempts to bargain for his life.

cntr

Banned
I don't know, when I think of killing in cold blood, I think of killing someone ruthlessly with zero regret, like how Giogio killed Cioccolata or how Johnny killed everyone, regardless of what they had done. Damo was pretty evil, but Gappy's response is a lot different compared to how a character like Josuke would have acted. S&W just punches him in the head while Gappy points at him, right after Damo attempts to bargain for his life.
I was thinking more like, "killing in rage". Josuke wouldn't have acted exactly like Gappy, but Jotaro wouldn't be far off. Before that, Yotsuyu tried to kill his girlfriend and his adoptive dad.

In contrast, Giorno and Johnny kill anybody who gets in their way, even if they weren't pissed off. Giorno takes it further by doing it whenever he wants, Johnny at least tries to avoid it when it's unnecessary.

Josuke and Okuyasu being total scumbags in the Harvest episodes was amazing.

It was great to see. Joseph didn't have an equivalent sleazy friend to go on adventures with but okuyasu and josuke work so well. I think araki established this style onwards from 4 where you find Jojo friends being more flawed then previous entries.

cntr

Banned
I like how Gappy doesn't have a Jojo friend, but has an almost-girlfriend and a shitbag who happens to be his adopted brother and around the same age.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I like how Gappy doesn't have a Jojo friend, but has an almost-girlfriend and a shitbag who happens to be his adopted brother and around the same age.

and you could argue they're Koichi and I guess Shigeki (?) in the alternate universe

cntr

Banned
Well, Joshu is arrogant, selfish, has shit happen to him constantly, and is obsessed with someone with the last name "Hirose".

He's Rohan.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map

How you gonna act like Norisuke ain't a bro.

He even gave Gappy some ice cream, man.

Can't seem to find anything official on whether Kira's debut is one or two episodes. Crunchyroll didn't have "part 1" next to it but some online say Crunchyroll just didn't translate it and wikipedia has the next episode listed as "Part 1".

I hope it's two parts.

Squishy3

It could just be David Pro is keeping it all as "Kira's Quiet Life" and isn't going to denote Sheer Heart Attack as a separate arc. Who knows.

Overheard on the Giant Beastcast last week, by the way:

Vinny: Why isn't there any Indiana Jones type movies about finding the body of Jesus Christ?

Austin: You should watch JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Alex: Is that what that's about?

Although if Kira's Quiet Life is a 2 parter to accompany People of Morioh-Cho as well they could end the second episode on Kira's hand clasping on the jacket in the shop. That'd be a good spot for a "To be Continued" arrow to pop up. :p

a86.jpeg

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I mean I knew about rods before I read that chapter, get on my level dudes...

I always get those floaters before I get migraines though so that chapter freaked me the fuck out. Pretty sure I got a migraine when I was reading it once.

cntr

Banned
I love how the TV just casually mentions Kenshiro fighting Raoh (alongside other anime heroes apparently) in Tokyo.

Like while the whole Bohemian Rhapsody fight is going on in Florida, FIST OF THE NORTH STAR IS LITERALLY HAPPENING IN TOKYO.

Siegcram

Bohemian Rhapsody is going to be so hard to do right. Someone will probably make a list compiling all the stuff the anime couldn't show.
You pretty much can't show anything except for the fairy tales (public domain).

Any other western stuff and Disney's lawyer army will descend on DaviPro.

Someone here said that they think he was making it up and I'm starting to believe that.

What a weird thought process that one has, regardless.

cntr

Banned
Yeah, it's kinda bad. We've been doing better, but questions like "Where's the plot?" make it hard.

Kira should hopefully fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom