• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishy3

I've been meaning to make a post about how the structure changes from one overarching goal (ala Dio in Stardust Crusaders) to a bunch of short term goals.

IE

Part 4: Jotaro comes to town to find Angelo, they learn about Keicho and the arrow, then when they defeat Keicho RHCP steals the Arrow and they need to find him, then they have a few merry adventures until Rohan and Koichi stumble upon hand alley and learn about a serial killer lurking in Morioh

Pretty much every part follows this formula of short term goals now, except for Part 5 which has a goal determined from the start (Kill the boss) but is still peppered out with tons of short term goals.

Initiation into the gang, get Polpo's treasure, find and protect the boss' daughter, get the key for the turtle apartment, etc.

I remember Steel Ball Run where the endgoal of "win the race" takes a huge backseat when Funny gets more involved. It briefly comes back after Funny's defeat in the final chapters but it's still pretty impactful knowing everything Johnny and Gyro went through (and lost) and still loses the race.

I remember Steel Ball Run where the endgoal of "win the race" takes a huge backseat when Funny gets more involved. It briefly comes back after Funny's defeat in the final chapters but it's still pretty impactful knowing everything Johnny and Gyro went through (and lost) and still loses the race.
To be fair to Johnny and Gyro, Pocoloco is a dirty cheater

Weiss

Banned
I just realized something really clever about Vento Aureo.

Giorno's real name is Haruno Shiobana, and he changed it.

He's the son of Dio who, by and large, mostly chooses to be a moral person, even as a gangster.

Giorno, the son of Dio, chooses to be GioGio instead.

Hatty

"He later died from a cold"

Big One

Banned
Steel Ball Run was amazing throughout I feel. I love all of the encounters and the emphasis on creating a more complex plot than previous Jojo series. It was just great fun overall and a killer ride. My favorite part next to Part 2. The Stands aren't overly complex like they were in Part 5 and 6, the characters I felt had a lot better development, and the endgoal was pretty much established at the beginning of the series for the first time since Stardust Crusaders arguably. Just a great journey overall.

Kira's little bowling pin nail clipper is such a weird little idiosyncrasy that I love. Then he makes that woman cut his nails with it.

That's the thing I like about Kira I guess, that I sort of root for him sometimes as terrible as he is.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I can't believe the hype af Damo arc was followed up by this flop ass Joshuu mini arc.

Araki plz.

cntr

Banned
"Giogio" comes from how the kanji "Haruno Shiobana" can be read as "Shoruno Shiobana" and that becomes Italianized as "Giorno Giovanna". ("sh" doesn't exist natively in Italian)

Like how Josuke's "Jojo" is hidden in Japanese spelling, Giorno's "Jojo" is hidden in Italian spelling, marking them both as offshoots of the Jojo family. And "Gio" looks like "Dio", even if the i is silent. Giorno uses "the morning" as a metaphor for himself sometimes, like his speech to Mista during the end of White Album.

Giorno doesn't reject Dio, at all. He barely knows what the guy was like. Giorno is Dio's son, through and through, their attitudes, speaking styles, even their body language is the same!

cntr

Banned
Jojolion 57

I feel like this was meant to be set up or something.
the guy in the apartment got set up after all, haaaa

"Ok here's the history of this curse. You're going to need to restructure your whole life around this."

giphy.gif

After plot dumps I forgot about small tangential character chapters/arcs.

So I drew this today in anticipation of tonight's episode, and because I was bored. So far this season is more than enjoyable for everyone in our group, and I can't wait to watch their reactions to some of the things coming up as we go through the twists and turns of this series.

image.jpg

cntr

Banned
Either. We don't know where exactly the episode will end, the preview could go either way.

I'm betting on this week.

dani_dc

Yeah, it's kinda bad. We've been doing better, but questions like "Where's the plot?" make it hard.

Kira should hopefully fix that.

I will never understand people asking about plot after coming off Part 3, where 80% of the episodes were inconsequential (plot wise) random fights.

I say this episode either ends with Kira revealing his stand in the famous pose

or

Shigechi seeing the coin, Killer Queen revealing his ability, "To be Continued."

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
The Milagro Man chapters were okay I guess. They kinda feel like filler, though. The arc seems to do two things: the first is show off alternate Morioh a little more, which is something that I've wanted, and the second is to show that Joshu is maturing and learning how to use his Stand. Or he's supposed to be, because he was still acting like a little shit in the Damo chapters, which I think happens after this arc ends.

I hope that at least one member of the Diavolo lookalike band shown at the end is a Stand user.

The Milagro Man's design is pretty much the only interesting thing to come out of this.

Dude looks dope.

The Stand looks rad, I like how the torso and upper legs are reminiscent of Renaissance style clothing. It's a good fit with the jester motifs of King Nothing and Vitamin C.

You'd think the big villain reveal would be something they'd focus on getting it to look good for the tv release :T

Oh well, Kira's theme made everything better anyways

cntr

Banned
Is it like, bad bad, or "not perfect" bad?

Edit: yeah just checked it out, hope that's not all people are going to be talking about

Edit edit: Yeah, this isn't horrible. Most of the important scenes are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom