• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it'll be pretty straight forward:

Quiet Life, Part 1: end with Kira getting stuck inside the box
Quiet Life, Part 2/People of Morioh: end with the Morioh meeting
Sheer Heart Attack: two or three episodes
Atom Heart Father, Part 1: I'm not sure where exactly they'd cut it, to be honest
Atom Heart Father, Part 2: Kira's dad looks around for him, the bird poops onto the Kosaku mailbox, and the second half of the episode is Kira's New Life

then continue on normally with RPS Kid.

God I can't wait to see the reaction of weeks of Kira Kira Kira death violence ghosts and then asshole kid who challenges Rohan to rock paper scissors

God I can't wait to see the reaction of weeks of Kira Kira Kira death violence ghosts and then asshole kid who challenges Rohan to rock paper scissors

and immediately after we get a "totally not an ayy lmao" who Josuke uses to try and cheat Rohan in a card game which ends in his house burning, followed by Highway Star

holy shit being Rohan is basically suffering lol

Tizoc

Atom Heart Father, Part 1: I'm not sure where exactly they'd cut it, to be honest
Atom Heart Father, Part 2: Kira's dad looks around for him, the bird poops onto the Kosaku mailbox, and the second half of the episode is Kira's New Life

Yeah you're on the mark: Season 2 will be 13 episodes like S1. 7 eps. already aired so Kira gets 6ish episodes focused on his character :p

Yonafunu

I was already expecting a Kira cameo in this episode, basically exactly the way they did it, but placing it at the beginning of the episode was weird. I don't get why they wouldn't just put it at the end and have it be the bridge into Quiet Life. Having Kira walk by randomly, focus on it for a couple of seconds, and then have Kira be absent the entire rest of the episode is weird, especially when it would've made a lot more sense at the end.

cntr

Banned
I was already expecting a Kira cameo in this episode, basically exactly the way they did it, but placing it at the beginning of the episode was weird. I don't get why they wouldn't just put it at the end and have it be the bridge into Quiet Life.
Because it's really the set up for the ending of Sheer Heart Attack, resolving the "plot hole" caused by the arc change.

Yonafunu

Because it's really the set up for the ending of Sheer Heart Attack, resolving the "plot hole" caused by the arc change.

I know why the cameo exists, of course, I'm just wondering about the placement. Having Kira walk past Cinderella could've been done at the end too. Just show Yukako and Koichi walking out together and then pan to Kira walking by or something. End the episode there and you have a perfect tease for next episode too, if you ask me.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Well he went after Reimi, so age doesn't bother him too much.

I just assume Araki was content to offer Shigechi as the narrative's sacrificial lamb.

I was thinking the other day what if Araki had really gone nuts here and had Kira basically kill off all the scrub characters, not just Shigechi but Hazamada and Tamami.

What's up with the 1 in the Japanese in the next episode image? Figured that meant Part 1 but wasn't in the translation for some reason.

The Japanese title still says "sono 1" like it does with all "part 1" episodes so it's just the translators not putting it there for some reason.

I was thinking the other day what if Araki had really gone nuts here and had Kira basically kill off all the scrub characters, not just Shigechi but Hazamada and Tamami.

It would've probably gotten the same feelings out of people that the current story does because does anyone actually even care about Hazamada and Tamami

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Kira needed to kill an important character.

That's probably my biggest issue with Diamond. He iced Shigechi and Aya then Araki called it a day.

cntr

Banned
I'm always undecided on whether Kira should've killed more people. I dunno.

Araki followed it up with Vento fucking Aureo, though. Aren't Giorno and Johnny are the only Jojos who've killed in cold blood?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

I think that's just a bit too slow for the series to end in 39 episodes. How about instead:

21: Kira wants a Quiet Life (ends on Shigechi dying)
22: Kira wants a Quiet Life 2 (people of Morioh + Sheer Heart Attack up to Jotaro being taken out)
23: Sheer Heart Attack 1 (Koichi vs SHA up until Kira personally appears)
24: Sheer Heart Attack 2 (the rest of SHA, ending on Kira escaping)
25: Atomic Heart Father
26: Kira's New Life/The Cat Who Loved Kira 1 (no reason they can't move that arc up)
27: The Cat Who Loved Kira 2 (new opening time!)
28: RPS kid
29: I'm an Alien
30: Highway Star 1
31: Highway Star 2 (I can't see how this fits in a single episode)
32: Transmission Tower
33: Enigma
34: Cheap Trick
35: That's Not My Dad/Bites the Dust 1 (ends on Rohan dying)
36: Bites the Dust 2 (up till Hayato attacks with Stray Cat or when it fails to kill Kira. Maaaaybe when Josuke appears but that's stretching it)
37: Bites the Dust 3/Diamond is Unbreakable 1 (up till Josuke retreats into the house. Aka there is a very natural break point here)
38: Diamond is Unbreakable 2 (up through Okuyasu saving the day)
39: Diamond is Unbreakable 3/END

cntr

Banned
Hmm...I'm not sure how I feel about The Cat Who Loved Kira being moved (I'd prefer its own episode), but I can see something like that.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map

Araki followed it up with Vento fucking Aureo, though. I'm pretty sure Giorno and Johnny are the only Jojos who killed in cold blood.

Only reason it bothers me is Shigechi's death is what really gets the crew to start looking for Kira and, let's be honest, he simply isn't a key player. It would've been more tragic if it were someone slightly more important there instead.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Hmm...I'm not sure how I feel about The Cat Who Loved Kira being moved (I'd prefer its own episode), but I can see something like that.
Something has to be moved since Kira's New Life won't work as a standalone episode. They could move New Life's two chapters up with Atom Heart Father, but AHF doesn't have a clean break between chapters. It works much better as single episode/story.

They could move New Life's story down to The Cat Who Loved Kira, but I imagine they want to include Kira's new face in the 3rd opening.

Which leaves moving up The Cat Who Loved Kira. There's several good places to split that into two episodes plus it allows them to keep all the Kira focused episodes together before the finale. And there's no reason why they can't show that arc early since it has no connection to any concurring arc.

Kira needed to kill an important character.

That's probably my biggest issue with Diamond. He iced Shigechi and Aya then Araki called it a day.

Well, he DID kill most of them...it just didn't stick.

On one hand I don't disagree he probably should've killed at least one of the more important characters. However, considering that that would be either Okuyasu, Koichi, or Rohan I'm not sure I'd actually want that. Killing Yukako would've been a horrible choice on multiple levels so that's not even up for debate.

cntr

Banned
I'm guessing they'd stick Kira's New Life onto one or two other episodes, since it's two chapters.

And The Cat Who Loved Kira needs to be separated from New Life. It's set when Kira's settled into his new life, and him trying to protect Shinobu sets up Kira's willingness to remain Kosaku. It wouldn't work directly after New Life.

Plus, I always liked the idea of giving the main villain his own random episode.

jgminto

I hope they do a good job of making it seem like Kira might actually settle into his new life, that's probably my favourite dynamic of his character.

cntr

Banned
I hope the third OP begins with everybody doing the "point up" pose, and the Bite The Dust version has the OP restart with everybody except Josuke exploding as Crazy Diamond and Killer Queen fight like Star Platinum vs. The World.

For maximum mindfuck they should start the episode with the OP, let Bite the Dust happen, then replay the OP.

Except this time, any and every scene with Kira has him with a knowing, smug as fuck look on his face.

I hope the third OP begins with everybody doing the "point up" pose, and the Bite The Dust version has the OP restart with everybody except Josuke exploding as Crazy Diamond and Killer Queen fight like Star Platinum vs. The World.

For maximum mindfuck they should start the episode with the OP, let Bite the Dust happen, then replay the OP.

Except this time, any and every scene with Kira has him with a knowing, smug as fuck look on his face.

Yeah if there isn't a Bites the Dust version of the OP for the end of it I'm going to be upset.

For Part 5 and 6

Former: Skip 10 seconds in the middle.
Latter: Play the song 2x faster.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Araki followed it up with Vento fucking Aureo, though. Aren't Giorno and Johnny are the only Jojos who've killed in cold blood?

Gappy came pretty close to killing in cold blood before, but he really crossed that line with Damo's death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom