• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh right, forgot about Kira's New Life. I wonder how they'll do that, whether it's just interspersed here and there.

I'm really looking forward to Stray Cat to see the reactions to one of the craziest battles of part 4.

Did they ever release whatever that song was on the radio in beginning of the first episode? I noticed they had another one for this episode. I was wondering if those were real songs.

Milagro Man might be the weirdest Jojolion arc yet, and that's impressive. I'm so confused, that's it?

Edit: It's a really nice twist on Sugar Mountain's arc.

JayEH

Ok so does Kira change his own voice to match the guy he switches with? Or does the guy sound similar enough to him that it avoids suspicion?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
The next Jojolion arc is about a boyband?

Tsurugi figured out that something's going on at Morioh stadium back in the beginning of the Aphex Twins arc and talks about how he needs Josuke to go with him. It would be cool if that truck is supposed to foreshadow an upcoming Stand fight.

A Stand battle during a concert could be pretty neat.

D-Man

Ok so does Kira change his own voice to match the guy he switches with? Or does the guy sound similar enough to him that it avoids suspicion?

He never changes his voice since all he did was change his appearance. Even in the games the same voice is kept between Kira and Kosaku-Kira.

Matsukaze

It was always assumed in-universe that Kira's voice sounded mostly like Kosaku's, but in the theater of my mind, I also thought of Kira as trying to remain as monotone and plain-spoken as possible when around the Kawajiris, to minimize the chance that they detect any differences when he speaks.

Astral

I guess Kawajiri was cold to his family after all so the wife wouldn't really notice/care.

Not even that. I think he was just so plain that they didn't care or notice. What's really gonna be weird is when Josuke gives Kira false directions when impersonating Yoshihiro during their fight.

Nottle

Nah, that's Super Fly. Has a radio tower stand and everybody's favorite alien.

Can't top that shit.
Superfly is indeed the best encounter of part 4. I'm a big fan of characters that are like heat his is my stand, but also I have some weird natural talent that is even better and weirder that is not stand related at all.

Dude hides shit in his callouses and does insane climbing.

Also Superfly is a nod to tower of gray.

Also Superfly is like maybe one of the worst stands one can have. There is no upside to it and would be a death sentence if one was not as strong as a survivor as that guy.

Also the alien is there and there is air surfing on rebarb if I remember right.

cntr

Banned
I like how I've seen every encounter from RPS Kid to Cheap Trick be called "the best arc of part 4" and "the worst arc of part 4" somewhere.

they're all greato btw

Thud

Ordered volume 1 hard cover of Phantom Blood together with the new LOGH novel.

The discounts must be the work of an enemy stand.

I'd say that's Jojo in general.

Point taken.

As divisive as it is I actually think Vento Aureo is fairly consistent. The final arc bungles things up though.

Also cool gif

giphy.gif

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
It's always interesting to hear who thinks what is the best / worst arc in Diamond. There's very little consensus about anything in this fandom (which I think is cool).

I'd say that's Jojo in general.

Look no further than the recent Damo -> Joshu arcs of Jojolion, hah.

Lunar15

Look no further than the recent Damo -> Joshu arcs of Jojolion, hah.

Gotta be honest: Jojolion isn't very good. Even the Damo arc really failed to get me going. It's just so weirdly paced and hard to grasp.

I actually enjoyed the Joshu arc more because it kind of reminded me of the stupid one-off adventures of Stardust Crusaders and Diamond is Unbreakable.

The comment in the anime thread wondering if Kira was a natural Stand user or if Keicho shot him with the Arrow made me think about how clumsy it is that Araki tried to shift into the evil Stand users fighting the heroes to protect Kira plot by... giving Kira a second Bow and Arrow, with very little explanation.

Ever since Part 4 was announced I've been wondering if they'll ever explain that a bit more*. Like, Yoshihiro makes it sound like he just randomly met Enya in Egypt and was given a Bow and Arrow; he didn't seem to be a pawn of DIO like the Nijimura dad, so what happened there? Did Enya just sense this guy was a potential Stand user with a fucked up kid? Did she have a special sixth sense to detect other old parents of serial killing sons, and give Yoshihiro the Arrow out of camaraderie? Did DIO think it sounded like a hoot to randomly give a serial killer's father a superpower arrow? Did DIO feel Josuke's presence in Morioh, and in some hippy bullshit speech with Pucci decide that it was "gravity" that brought another Morioh resident to him?

Then that last part made me realize that despite Stand users gravitating to other Stand users, that Kira and Josuke have both been living in Morioh as probably its only Stand users for years and nearly hitting Koichi is seemingly the first time they've encountered each other.

*I've also wondered if they'll at least add a throwaway line of Joseph saying that he's tried Hermit Purple to find Kira but he doesn't have enough information or Kira's mental desire to be hidden is too strong or whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom