• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Gotta be honest: Jojolion isn't very good. Even the Damo arc really failed to get me going. It's just so weirdly paced and hard to grasp.

I actually enjoyed the Joshu arc more because it kind of reminded me of the stupid one-off adventures of Stardust Crusaders and Diamond is Unbreakable.

I thought Joshu's arc felt more like those random Rohan chapters Araki puts out from time to time than those silly one-off adventures in SDC or Diamond. Except we didn't even get a cool haunted painting bringing back the dead moment, we just got Joshu being dumb as rocks with a weirdly abrupt ending.

you know

I never realized before, but Persona 2 is literally about nazis

I was always amused they threw shades on Hitler.

Dude's stand was kinda wack looking tho.

Yoshihiro had a stand, so when he says he got the arrow from Enya and when Jotaro says DIO and Enya must have used various arrows, I just assumed Yoshihiro was one of Enya's potential stand users.

Man looking around the internet and it has not been kind to the recent episode.

"How do you ruin the only good thing about Kira" is a sentence I've come across.

I'm sure you can imagine all the stuff Kira does with the hands.
I'm sure he has plenty of hand sex. "Put the palms this way, fingers here. It's just like a vagina, but better." What the fuck does he do with the restof the body? He just leaves it there? "These breasts disgust me."

Thud

I love how much effort he puts in walking around town with his new loverhand and buying her presents. In his own twisted way he has that sense of romance.

Plus the toenail part is so Araki.

so are there gonna be tears in the anime thread when shigechi gets blown up next week or is everyone going to celebrate PLOT

I wonder if someone's gonna ask "why they gotta do him like that though"

Matsukaze

so are there gonna be tears in the anime thread when shigechi gets blown up next week or is everyone going to celebrate PLOT

I wonder if someone's gonna ask "why they gotta do him like that though"
I don't get the impression the average (non-manga reader) viewer feels strongly either way for Shigechi.

That being said, I imagine most people will be fine watching him die because it means a) main antagonist is finally killing someone on-screen and b) seeing Killer Queen in action.

Fuuuck me! Why did I enter here? For shame, me.

While normally I'd apologize profusely, since this is the manga thread I'll just say "curiosity killed the cat."

Get it?

Cat

Stray Cat

Kira

it's ironic because
Kira uses a cat as a killing implement
(gonna warn any other part 4 anime-watchers to run now)

y'all better start laughing real fucking quick

cntr

Banned
Maybe Star Platinum could be a better dad than Jotaro.
d3b.png

Seriously tho, Ultimecia is basically Stairway to Heaven.

Time compression is the concept of condensing all of time and space into a single moment, or "singularity". It can be initiated by the casting of a spell, which requires incredible power on behalf of the caster(s) and places them at the center of said singularity. By compressing the entire universe in this manner and placing herself at the center of it, Ultimecia would assimilate all of creation into herself, then use her sorceress power to recreate everything according to her desires...very existences will be absorbed by the time compression causing them agony as their thoughts would be ripped apart with their memories fading away leaving them unable to do, think or feel anything.

it's describing Made In Heavens ability to a tee, where it recreates the world whilst Enrico is able to choose which details are left in.

The Stand's user may then alter the characteristics of the universe and the fates of the people in the recreated universe and create the perfect world they desire. Anyone that is killed by this Stand in the previous universe will not cease to exist, but simply replaced by a similar substitute, though Pucci states that their souls and personalities will have been erased and that they will appear as completely different people.

I'm not crazy, am I? It's totally possible that Araki took some inspiration from Ultimecia?

cntr

Banned
Araki and the FF8 devs probably took inspiration from the "big bounce", the idea that the (real) universe would compress back into a singularity and have another big bang. That idea was popularized in the 90s and early 00s.

so i've been reading JoJo all summer and I just finished Steel Ball Run (my favorite part right ahead of Diamond is Unbreakable, and least favorite is probably part 1, followed by part 5), and I can't believe it's taken me this long to read JoJo. Araki's character and stand designs are so good and I love the artstyle he starts to use in parts 7 and 8. In fact I love his art so much it's influencing my own artwork a lot currently. I keep finding myself doodling stands and heads like he does in my free time haha.

Anyways, I was wondering if there's a reason Araki ends all the parts kind of abruptly? Like I think the endings are fine, but they could also be fleshed out some more, if that makes sense? IDK I always feel a little bit unsatisfied at the end of a part because it feels like it just jerks to a halt when there could be a little bit more closure for the respective plot.

One more thing that upset me a little bit was that Jolyne wasn't even the one to beat Pucci in Stone Ocean...Araki kind of took Emporio from supporting role to main role in an instant, although I think it made for a nice ending with the whole Made in Heaven thing.

Anyways, I'm really glad I decided to pick up this series! I'm gonna go catch up to part 8 so I can talk about that too!

Nairume

Banned
Anyways, I was wondering if there's a reason Araki ends all the parts kind of abruptly? Like I think the endings are fine, but they could also be fleshed out some more, if that makes sense? IDK I always feel a little bit unsatisfied at the end of a part because it feels like it just jerks to a halt when there could be a little bit more closure for the respective plot.
I think part of the reason he seems to specifically avoid detailed epilogues so he can revisit characters, concepts, and events in later parts without having to deal with things he may have said years prior. This would at least makes sense with how the epilogue that does exist for part 2 explicitly only really goes into detail for people who were effectively being written out of the story (with the sole exception of Lisa Lisa having an incredibly minor off screen role in part 3), while Joseph is largely left a little more up in the open until he shows back up in the following two parts (and likewise for Jotaro for his subsequent appearances after part 3).

cntr

Banned
to be fair, only Part 2 really needs the epilogue. Part 4's characters just have the life we've already seen, and other parts have
almost everybody die

Part 5 is the only ending that felt abrupt to me. I thought there was going to be a little more, but it just ends with the scene in the room where Giorno is already the boss.

Nottle

I'm sure he has plenty of hand sex. "Put the palms this way, fingers here. It's just like a vagina, but better." What the fuck does he do with the restof the body? He just leaves it there? "These breasts disgust me."
I always assumed he completely erased the rest with killer queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom