• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishy3

I usually think he spends more time with the victims but the case of the sudden kill in that apartment was due to not having fulfilled the urge for quite some time.

Don't forget you actually see him just cutting off a hand with a knife in Highway Star. He just normally uses Killer Queen to erase the evidence.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I see folks are back to posting things about future parts in the anime thread.

How delightful... :/

Yeah, I'll never understand how people can keep getting away with it. It's all fun and games until someone spoils something serious.

Matsukaze

So what was spoiled?
Most people don't know what "dojyan" means, so when a picture says 40 dojyans and they go looking for an explanation, they'll learn more about Part 7 than they bargained for. They don't even have to read anything in-depth, mind you; the search results are fairly straightforward.

Most people don't know what "dojyan" means, so when a picture says 40 dojyans and they go looking for an explanation, they'll learn more about Part 7 than they bargained for. They don't even have to read anything in-depth, mind you; the search results are fairly straightforward.
I've seen that picture like three times and still haven't looked for shit yet.

Matsukaze

I've seen that picture like three times and still haven't looked for shit yet.
And you're better off that way.

Or at least people who don't want to be accidentally spoiled are better off. YMMV.

Go figure "dojyan" as a search term seems to produce only JoJo results and not its actual definition.

And you're better off that way.

Or at least people who don't want to be accidentally spoiled are better off. YMMV.

Go figure "dojyan" as a search term seems to produce only JoJo results and not its actual definition.
I still can only think of Part 7 as Blazing Saddles with stands. Don't know shit about the damn plot.

Matsukaze

I still can only think of Part 7 as Blazing Saddles with stands. Don't know shit about the damn plot.
It's Araki at his finest IMO.

so what do you guys think of milagro man's conclusion
It was alright. Underwhelming for sure, but alright overall.

I liked that the Milagro Man's biography seemed more fiction than fact but the actual repercussions of the curse should have been so much worse for Joshuu. As it is, he had a slight inconvenience that was quickly resolved (although I guess I shouldn't gripe because I wanted to return to the main story, so this works better). The moral of the story is "Being a dick can get you into trouble" but Joshuu's not going to take that to heart.

For a side story, it was enjoyable overall, but if we get another side story in the future, I definitely want it to focus on someone besides Joshuu (preferably Daiya or Nijimura).

Now I just want to refocus on the real deal and see what Mama Higashikata has in store for the rest of the family.

Matsukaze

I feel like Milagro Man was meant to establish something for a future arc.
I imagine so, but I can't tell if the set-up is the actual curse (which of course is the logical choice) or something in the background that would go unnoticed for now. My gut feeling doesn't favor either over the other.

Matsukaze

Oh God, those band members are all Stand Users, aren't they (or they share one unusual Super-Stand)?

It was staring me right in the face and it somehow didn't click lol. Araki would totally do that.

Matsukaze

Oh my god what if the band has Part 8 Akira
giphy.gif

I summon my stand, 『Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap』

06c7553f341ce40d084b27018a49ad3b.jpg

Weirdest sentiment I'm seeing around: The episode should have covered Kira's solo shenanigans + the entire Shigechi fight to its conclusion because "It would have had more impact if it happened suddenly."

Siegcram

Weirdest sentiment I'm seeing around: The episode should have covered Kira's solo shenanigans + the entire Shigechi fight to its conclusion because "It would have had more impact if it happened suddenly."
DiU and Mr. Robot season 2 have shown me again that people have no idea what "pacing" actually means.

In all fairness that is less or equal the amount of chapters that they had to cover to fit Cinderella in one ep so it's not like there's not precedent, but I don't agree it'd be a good idea yeah.

Squishy3

I'm just hoping next episode ends with them walking into the shop and slapping the To be Continued sign on Kira's hand grabbing his jacket. Last episode ended about halfway through chapter 4 of Kira's Quiet Life, so it should be doable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom