• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weirdest sentiment I'm seeing around: The episode should have covered Kira's solo shenanigans + the entire Shigechi fight to its conclusion because "It would have had more impact if it happened suddenly."
I've seen some folks who share this view also want as much time (and budget) as possible on later fights. They're afraid the episode number will lead to substantial cut content and "quality" moments. Particularly the finale because they're afraid of a repeat of Dio's World.

Grexeno

Next episode should end with everyone leaving the street corner meeting and walking past Kira. You need it to break there because then several days/weeks have to pass for Jotaro to investigate all the tailors.

Frimaire

Does anyone here know where "I am the fucking strong" comes from?
dee.jpg
I assumed it was from Duwang, but I just checked it and the same panel just says, "There's no escape".
Did somebody just make it up or what?

cntr

Banned
"I am the fucking strong" and "That's bullshit, but I believe it" don't happen in the manga, they're just memes.

Is there an explanation as to how Whitesnake disguised itself as Weather Report to attack the gang all together?
One of Pucci's unnamed stand discs. He uses a bunch in SO.

Kurtofan

Weirdest sentiment I'm seeing around: The episode should have covered Kira's solo shenanigans + the entire Shigechi fight to its conclusion because "It would have had more impact if it happened suddenly."

people who read the whole thing straight don't understand that originally each chapters was a weekly release.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
What did Josuke originally say in that "Not even Crazy Diamond can fix people's shit taste in everything" image?

Reknoc

Milagro man started with Joshu being a turn and ended with Joshu being a turd. Moral of the story? Joshu is a turd.

Good arc.

Weiss

Banned
So this a crunchyroll question instead of one about JoJo, but I'm not sure where else to ask. Can I watch JoJo with a free account on the site? Do I have to wait a while before I get to watch new episodes?

Weiss

Banned
Oh, that's good. JoJo's really the only thing on Crunchyroll I'm seriously interested in. It's not really a big deal since I've already read DiU anyway. I'll just marathon through Konosuba, Mob Psycho, Re:Zero and Erased before my subscription ends.

I asked because I wanted to sub to Funimation because they have a ton of stuff I want to watch, and I didn't want to spent an extra eight bucks a month for just one show.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
& I guess if you have Cartoon Network, Toonami will be airing the dub of Part 1 & 2 in October (I think the 8th? I'll post again earlier to its airing). They might air the Part 3 dub (making it a premiere) based on ratings, though considering how many people kept requesting it, it seems more "when" than "if" at this rate.

Anyways, I was wondering if there's a reason Araki ends all the parts kind of abruptly? Like I think the endings are fine, but they could also be fleshed out some more, if that makes sense? IDK I always feel a little bit unsatisfied at the end of a part because it feels like it just jerks to a halt when there could be a little bit more closure for the respective plot.

This is really, really late but I think I've figured out why it feels that way. Jojo is not really meant to be read marathon style. It excels at technically moving really slowly but feeling like it moves a million miles per hour. So reading it chapter by chapter you really get that feeling of tension and atmosphere until WHAM! the battle is over.

I'm reminded of part 2 Joseph's appearance in the Stardust Crusaders fighting game where his voice acting consists of KURACKA BOREI, NO, and SHIIIIIZAAAAAAA

Does Part 2 Joseph have any flaws?

cntr

Banned
Manga use a different panel order because of how Japanese is written, so it's silly to imitate it in English comics.

Look at manhwa, they're left to right because Korean is always written that way, like English.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Manga use a different panel order because of how Japanese is written, so it's silly to imitate it in English comics.

Look at manhwa, they're left to right because Korean is always written that way, like English.

well, specifically, vertical writing in Japan is right to left

Hypron

Yeah, the "wink wink nudge nudge" and the outright spoilers are getting out of hand. I know what will happen but it's still annoying me. Be respectful of other people, jeez.

cntr

Banned
tbh I think we should get a mod to start banning for the spoilers

There's some users who're very consistent about posting spoilers in the anime thread but never posting in the manga thread, feels like a ban is the only way to get them to listen.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Guys its 12:30 and this has been bugging me.

Why is the fact that Jotaro and dio
Flew outside like superman vs zod
and its never brought up?
Like ever?
As an anime watcher I feel like I should have not seen the episodes back to back.
tbh I think we should get a mod to start banning for the spoilers

There's some users who're very consistent about posting spoilers in the anime thread but never posting in the manga thread, feels like a ban is the only way to get them to listen.
Just kill it like figure gaf or offshore it to off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom