• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypron

tbh I think we should get a mod to start banning for the spoilers

There's some users who're very consistent about posting spoilers in the anime thread but never posting in the manga thread, feels like a ban is the only way to get them to listen.

Yeah. One thing I liked about the GoT threads is people that kept on spoiling so openly would get banned.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I was telling someone else to go to the manga thread, sorry :

this is why spoiler posters are bad people
Its fine. I can sleep peacefully now(well until next ep.) Is there no dedicated mod in here? I didnt even know there was a manga thread since i barely check ot.

Debirudog

Look, I'm sorry for what I did but I honestly thought I wasn't spoiling anything since I thought I was being very vague.

I apologize if I appeared disrespectful. I get carried because I like talking about how authors like Araki work. I'll try to be more considerate in the future.

cntr

Banned
you know I never realized before, but Jojolion is named after Pygmalion, a story about
a man-made artificial human

tbh I think we should get a mod to start banning for the spoilers

There's some users who're very consistent about posting spoilers in the anime thread but never posting in the manga thread, feels like a ban is the only way to get them to listen.
Am going too far with my questions are is this someone else?

Guys its 12:30 and this has been bugging me.

Why is the fact that Jotaro and dio
Flew outside like superman vs zod
and its never brought up?
Like ever?
As an anime watcher I feel like I should have not seen the episodes back to back.

Just kill it like figure gaf or offshore it to off topic.

I think the explanation (if there is one) is that they're pushing off the ground with their super powerful stands and that sends them flying through the air and they just take a while to come down and....

Nah fuck it, DBZ sounds more accurate.

cntr

Banned
I remember when someone in the Part 3 anime thread decided to PM spoilers to someone else because they didn't like them

I remember when someone in the Part 3 anime thread decided to PM spoilers to someone else because they didn't like them
Now that's just mean. Probably told them about Giorno. That one. That one will throw somebody for a loop. Like how does a vampire even produce potent sperm any way?

cntr

Banned
He actually has black hair and looks like Jonathan when he's a kid, but when he awakens his stand he gets blond hair and Dio's body language

JohnDoe

Banned
I thought it was after Evangelion...not sure why, but yeah...

Author's notes:

The "lion" in the title"Jojolion" means things like "blessed thing", "evangelistic", and "commemorative seal". It's a word from ancient Greek or something like that. By combining this word with "Jojo", I've meant for the title to signify the existence of the protagonist "Josuke" in this world. It's also used in the name of the tragic king in a Greek myth called "Pygmalion" as well as the Japanese animation "Evangelion", but I'm not sure if it has to do with the same idea.

So Jojolion means... blessed Jojo? Sounds about right B-)

Yonafunu

I feel like people are going to be disappointed by Killer Queen's ability. I mean, it's pretty cool, but very simple by JoJo standards.

cntr

Banned
Killer Queen's simple ability is what makes Kira so great. Dio was a guy drunk on his power, Kira is an efficient and ruthless user of his stand.

We could PM EmCeeGramr about spoilers, he's the most visible mod we've got.

It would be a shame though since he's had to tell people to knock it off already.

cntr

Banned
King Crimson is mostly because of how terrible the old translation was.

e.g., the old translator couldn't understand the sentences in the explanation box for King Crimson, so he replaced all of it with "it just works".

King Crimson is mostly because of how terrible the old translation was.

e.g., the old translator couldn't understand the sentences in the explanation box for King Crimson, so he replaced all of it with "it just works".
Oh shit lol. Imagine KC with a Duwang translation.

cntr

Banned
Duwang is way better than Vento Aureo's translation. The Duwang translator put in a lot of effort to get things right, the only problem was that he was bad at English. Even with the bad English, you can figure out what's going on and the character's personalities.

The Chinese and English translators for Vento Aureo put in zero effort to get it right. The good English fools people, but Vento Aureo is legit one of the worst translations ever made.

Hopefully we don't have to worry about spoilers with Vento Aureo because it's the best and nobody would intentionally ruin it.

I mean, besides bad translation jokes that I'm apparently fortunate enough to have avoided. I can't believe it was that bad.

Duwang is way better than Vento Aureo's translation. The Duwang translator put in a lot of effort to get things right, the only problem was that he was bad at English. Even with the bad English, you can figure out what's going on and the character's personalities.

The Chinese and English translators for Vento Aureo put in zero effort to get it right. The good English fools people, but Vento Aureo is legit one of the worst translations ever made.
7rEvFJA.png

cntr

Banned
Using "Josuke" is kind of confusing in English, I usually use "Jo2uke".

Calling him "Josefumi" would go against his character arc, it's wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom