• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
man things a really kicking up now also

ES33q7r.jpg

man DP how are you so good

JayEH

Finished the episode. That death was brutal. Especially seeing how Shigechi's soul was crossing over. I had forgotten that he survives the first bomb and is so close to getting to Josuke before going. Idk how those girls see a kid with his face half gone just ignore him lol.

Squishy3

Did Kira ever wear the skull tie in the manga? I always associated it with Kosaku
Yeah, he's wearing it in this arc.

So Sheer Heart Attack dropped the 'Sheer' and it's probably a two parter. Then Atom Heart Father and finishing with Kira's New Life.

What a beautiful duwang.
We're a few pages into chapter 2, so I wager they'll be able to fit it into two episodes with the current pacing.

Time for some good old fashioned ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA next episode. I don't think Jotaro's done a punch rush since Angelo.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The anime reminds me of how silly all these scenarios are that Jotaro should be able to handle easily with Star Platinum but never does because plot.

They didn't even bring out their Stands this episode. Everyone knows the first thing you do when facing an enemy Stand is to bring out your own Stand and then pose!

Matsukaze

The anime reminds me of how silly all these scenarios are that Jotaro should be able to handle easily with Star Platinum but never does because plot.

They didn't even bring out their Stands this episode. Everyone knows the first thing you do when facing an enemy Stand is to bring out your own Stand and then pose!
Jotaro was too busy wondering if that box of animal crackers had any dolphins in it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So Sheer Heart Attack dropped the 'Sheer' and it's probably a two parter.
Not surprised, All-Star Battle dropped the "Sheer" in the name as well. At the rate Crunchyroll has been using the Namco names, wouldn't be surprised if the ASB names for Part 5 characters were used when the anime eventually happens.

Reknoc

Not surprised, All-Star Battle dropped the "Sheer" in the name as well. At the rate Crunchyroll has been using the Namco names, wouldn't be surprised if the ASB names for Part 5 characters were used when the anime eventually happens.

good, that means soon we get BoyManMan

JayEH

Part 5 has had the worst localization. At least with some other parts they tried to keep it as close as possible. But Zipperman and Lil' bomber are just lazy.

The way I saw it he was being overly cautious. He saw that Kira was baiting them with the coat pull, and he didn't know what SHA does. He stops time next episode anyway.

Reminder that the SHA arc is about learning to wait until the right moment instead of power spamming.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
True dat
02TcnQP.png

Wait a minute, damnit Araki THAT'S THE WRONG HAND

I still want this to be the cliffhanger for next week's episode, but I'm not sure if there will be enough time for that.

The way I saw it he was being overly cautious. He saw that Kira was baiting them with the coat pull, and he didn't know what SHA does. He stops time next episode anyway.

Reminder that the SHA arc is about learning to wait until the right moment instead of power spamming.

Yeah, Jotaro even tells Koichi not to run over to the coat without thinking.

I think it's likely that Kira has used SHA in the past, but not against stand users. Shigechi is the only other person with powers that he's met. Kira is just being egotistical.

Debirudog

Unlike DIO's obnoxious ego, I feel like that scene really does make me like Kira so much. He's a lot more human and fragile, so despite all the terrible things he does like sucking on a the fingers of a severed hand, he just can't help himself because of his OCD.

cntr

Banned
That's mostly a byproduct of the translation (again), like Giorno isn't a Jotaro-esque stoic like the translation makes him seem, he emotes all the time. Getting that back'll make his influence on the team clearer.

I think part v emphasized Giorno enough. It establishes multiple times that the crew wouldn't be able to do anything without Giorno's ingenuity and conviction.

Aya:"I don't think he'll come to my place..."

Davidpro that's just mean, you did it on purpose.

I still want this to be the cliffhanger for next week's episode, but I'm not sure if there will be enough time for that.

I thought that with a 4 chapter pacing we would've surely gotten that but now with Sheer Heart Attack already starting I'm not sure anymore :T

cntr

Banned
Specific example: In the original, Buccellati bit off more than he could chew, and is under constant pressure as the leader. His interactions make it clear how relieved he is to have Giorno to take pressure off him.

The original translation has literally none of that.

JayEH

Part 5 will be viewed more positively once we get a proper translation either by the current retranslation or the anime.

Matsukaze

I'm really looking forward to Part 5's animation because then I can preach to the anime crowd the good news about our Lord and Savior, Sex Pistols. :p

Mista felt like the Polnareff of that part, constantly surviving encounters that should have killed him due to convenient timing or Giorno pulling some crazy shit or whatever. This really came to a head in the climax when Polnareff himself showed up, and proceeded to do what he's best at: surviving encounters that should have absolutely killed him because of convenience or some other stand user managing to pull off something that saves him.

Also, someone clarify for me but what was Polnareff's fate at the end? His soul is just chilling in the turtle now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom