• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
Mista is another character who got fucked up by the translation. He comes off like a purely goofy guy in the translation, but he's really a ruthless assassin who's chill around his friends.

did you know: Abbacchio actually made jokes and had a sense of humor in the original that the translation completely omits

Abbacchio also had one of the coolest stands. Moody Blues has to be one of the best non-combat stands a gangster could have. Plus I just really like both his and his stand design.

Also, do you think they'll place Rolling Stone in a better place or keep it as the epilogue? It really threw me off reading part 5 the first time going from "Giorno is the godfather" to "here's a bizarre adventure starring the gang pre-Giorno"

Articalys

Trying to remember, are there any other stands that, coincidentally or intentionally, take any aspects of their powers from any elements of their musical namesake?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Rolling Stones could be a short OVA or something released after the anime ends, if it's not the anime's actual epilogue. Putting it elsewhere wouldn't work as well without removing portions of the fight.

Trying to remember, are there any other stands that, coincidentally or intentionally, take any aspects of their powers from any elements of their musical namesake?
Purple Haze I guess. Kiss is an aesthetic example, and I like the idea that Made in Heaven was like a stand crafted by the gods.

Edit: at the rate the anime thread is going we'll have the whole synopsis of Rolling Stone spoiled before the gang reaches Venice, rip

Rolling Stones could be a short OVA or something released after the anime ends, if it's not the anime's actual epilogue. Putting it elsewhere wouldn't work as well without removing portions of the fight.

On one hand I think that's not a bad idea and could be like the Rohan OVA they're doing. On the other hand I would also like more Rohan instead :T

Edit: Or Purple Haze yeah

cntr

Banned
The issue is that it'd spoil who will die before it happens :/
The idea is that you'd only show Buccellati clearly, and leave the other two in shadow. Then people will assume Rolling Stones was predicting King Crimson,
and not Buccellati's real death

JayEH

Part 5 crew even with the shitty translation will always be the best cast imo. I just like how diverse they are and they act like how teenage boys should doing dumb dances and fighting with each other.

Only Part 5 OVA I want is a Purple Haze Feedback adaptation.

we need this.

The idea is that you'd only show Buccellati clearly, and leave the other two in shadow. Then people will assume Rolling Stones was predicting King Crimson,
and not Buccellati's real death

Well technically the King Crimson fight WAS his real death. He just...stays around because of GE shenanigans :v

cntr

Banned
if you're complaining about things like "how did Aerosmith's bullets pass through him", King Crimson is a time skip. The bullets pass through Diavolo because they weren't really there during the skipped time, and King Crimson can remove Diavolo from causality. The first fight with Buccellati makes it pretty clear.

Still have to read this and other spin offs.
Purple Haze Feedback is the only unofficial one you need to read, really

Baha

@Cntr: Not sure if it's a big spoiler but since someone asked about Tamami's absence in the anime thread I'd figure I'd answer it here.
Remember that Hazamada knocked Tamami out and landed him in the hospital. We find this out when he returns during the infamous Cee-Lo game.

Baha

Oh wow, right. I thought he would've gotten better by now.

Well no one knew about it
aside from Hazamada and since Josuke didn't know (and probably didn't care), Tamami had to heal normally. I guess Koichi might've noticed his absence but I guess Koichi didn't care either

Yonafunu

I always thought it was strange how Act 3's ability is so different from 1 and 2. It has absolutely nothing to do with sound or writing or anything. It completely ignores that progressions and goes in anther direction, from a Stand that's effective from a distance to a Stand that needs to be at extremely close to work. It's useful but definitely not as versatile.

Squishy3

I always thought it was strange how Act 3's ability is so different from 1 and 2. It has absolutely nothing to do with sound or writing or anything. It completely ignores that progressions and goes in anther direction, from a Stand that's effective from a distance to a Stand that needs to be at extremely close to work. It's useful but definitely not as versatile.
"From Three to Freeze. All I did was change the spelling. No big deal."

Can't wait till the Anime-only watchers see Bites the Dust, if they think Sheer Heart Attack is cool, boy oh boy they'll shit their pants with Bites the Dustu.

Nottle

Beach boy is a fishing pole. Grateful Dead makes you older. Crazy Diamond literally unbreaks things, thus showing that diamonds are forever/unbreakable.

Aerosmith is an Airplane, Sex Pistols is related to a gun. Bad Company is a company of little army guys.

Matsukaze

I've said it before - as much as it doesn't actually makes sense, I want Bites the Dust to keep that jet engine sound effect from All Star Battle. It puts a smile on my face because it's so overkill.

Thud

I've said it before - as much as it doesn't actually makes sense, I want Bites the Dust to keep that jet engine sound effect from All Star Battle. It puts a smile on my face because it's so overkill.

I saw it on youtube again. They nailed the fanservice with that game.

So good.

Erigu

if you're complaining about things like "how did Aerosmith's bullets pass through him", King Crimson is a time skip. The bullets pass through Diavolo because they weren't really there during the skipped time
I wonder how many times I've explained that one, by now...

and King Crimson can remove Diavolo from causality. The first fight with Buccellati makes it pretty clear.
It doesn't say anything about that (whatever "removed from causality" is supposed to mean exactly).
(Also, you were saying that, the way you understand it, the bullets "weren't really there". If you think that's what happens (and like I said in that post I linked to above, sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't), why would you want to "remove Diavolo from causality" on top of that? What would the point be?)

I wonder how many times I've explained that one, by now...

It doesn't say anything about that (whatever "removed from causality" is supposed to mean exactly).
(Also, you were saying that, the way you understand it, the bullets "weren't really there". If you think that's what happens (and like I said in that post I linked to above, sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't), why would you want to "remove Diavolo from causality" on top of that? What would the point be?)

Removing Diavolo from causality means that the bullets 'Weren't really there' to hit Diavolo.

The bullets were fired, King Crimson skipped and the bullets were in the place they would have been in that point in time. According to the translated blurb on the recent set of Vento Aureo chapters, no living thing experiences what happens during the skipped time, which is why Diavolo wasn't killed.

Basically think of a film. The physical form of it, a reel of film.

Let's say this film is 100 frames. Within these 100 frames, a man crosses 3 signs-a sign that says A, one says B, one says C.

Play these frames from start to end, the man walks from A, to B, to C.

So lets insert Crimson King. Crimson King 'skips time'. Let's go back to and insert our example. In this case, you take the 100 frames, but cut out frames 34-67. Now if you viewed the remaining frames, the same film would present the man starting on sign A, and then 'skipping' to sign C. Sign B is still there, but the time where he crossed B is gone-or, skipped if you will, but the effect is still there of the man reaching sign C.

Erigu

The bullets were fired, King Crimson skipped and the bullets were in the place they would have been in that point in time. According to the translated blurb on the recent set of Vento Aureo chapters, no living thing experiences what happens during the skipped time, which is why Diavolo wasn't killed.
Basically think of a film. The physical form of it, a reel of film.
Let's say this film is 100 frames. Within these 100 frames, a man crosses 3 signs-a sign that says A, one says B, one says C.
Play these frames from start to end, the man walks from A, to B, to C.
So lets insert Crimson King. Crimson King 'skips time'. Let's go back to and insert our example. In this case, you take the 100 frames, but cut out frames 34-67. Now if you viewed the remaining frames, the same film would present the man starting on sign A, and then 'skipping' to sign C. Sign B is still there, but the time where he crossed B is gone-or, skipped if you will, but the effect is still there of the man reaching sign C.
But like I said...
There would also be that other post, from the same previous discussion with Sibersk Esto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom