• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just see the paw prints and the blood drops staying because they're markings instead of passing bullets. The end result is that nothing can get hurt during the skipped time. It's what I'm going with flimsy as it may be.

Honestly, and not to sound like a dick, but we've already had this conversation so agree to disagree.

The issue is Erigu, is that you're not getting it, or it's not being made clear to you. In example:

anything about that (whatever "removed from causality" is supposed to mean exactly).

anything about that (whatever "removed from causality" is supposed to mean exactly).

"Removed from Causality" means just that, that Diavolo wasn't hit. The paw prints will still be there, and the blood drops will still be there, because the people those marks are on weren't removed from causality.

Matsukaze

What the fuck is NCR Redslayer's problem posting that comic? I'm a habitual line stepper and I know better than to post that.
Cuz for a moment I thought "Oh shit was that something for the manga thread?" and then I read the rest of the post and no it's just there. In the anime thread.

And now it's been quoted...

Honestly I think it's making mountains out of molehills.

If someone posted say, a whole panel from part 6 or something, then your have a problem. But it's a comic that just says JoJo and shows a bunch of people standing around. That's not much of a spoiler.

Hatty

Yeah but in 2040 when Steel Ball Run gets animated the anime people will probably forget. Its not like someone posted Kosaku Kira fanart. though I wouldn't be surprised if that actually happens

Matsukaze

Yeah but in 2040 when Steel Ball Run gets animated the anime people will probably forget. Its not like someone posted Kosaku Kira fanart. though I wouldn't be surprised if that actually happens
A couple months ago, someone posted a Bites the Dust spoiler that got mod-wiped super quick. At this point, who knows?

The spoiler thing has always been funny for me. The "Where's the plot" folks got the manga readers so riled up they had to go "KIRA: MAIN VILLAIN" as soon as he showed up. Arguably a big spoiler in itself but not a blatant plot point so it's all good I guess.

The only reason this stands out so much is the current state of the "main villain" in Jojolion.

Articalys

Beach boy is a fishing pole. Grateful Dead makes you older. Crazy Diamond literally unbreaks things, thus showing that diamonds are forever/unbreakable.

Aerosmith is an Airplane, Sex Pistols is related to a gun. Bad Company is a company of little army guys.
Ah, I screwed up my original question. Was asking more specifically about the stands named after songs, not bands, and if they related to the lyrics. I'm sure Araki thinks of the stand's visual design first then usually picks a name to directly match that.

Then there's also stuff somewhere in the middle, like how Sticky Fingers' whole zipper theme comes from the cover art of the album it's named for.

The spoiler thing has always been funny for me. The "Where's the plot" folks got the manga readers so riled up they had to go "KIRA: MAIN VILLAIN" as soon as he showed up. Arguably a big spoiler in itself but not a blatant plot point so it's all good I guess.

The only reason this stands out so much is the current state of the "main villain" in Jojolion.
I think some of the anime watchers just don't have the patience for what DiU is. Just cause you like Shounen doesn't mean you like all Shounen, which I'm discovering by seeing how some in the Naruto thread can't stomach anything done by Togashi cause it's paced differently.

Hatty

I bet the anime people will appreciate Part 5 more compared to 4. Its a lot less laid back and the plot moves at a steadier pace so there will be less ""filler"" complaints at least

cntr

Banned
From what I've heard, people didn't really like DiU's structure in Japan back in the 90s.

Araki seems to have given zero shits and is doing the same thing with Part 8, lol

I bet the anime people will appreciate Part 5 more compared to 4. Its a lot less laid back and the plot moves at a steadier pace so there will be less ""filler"" complaints at least
But there's nothing really wrong with Part 4 though. I wonder what the age breakdown is for the anime complainers.

Part 4 is fantastic and it kills me when people don't appreciate the slice of life stuff
It's so good. Guys is Echoes act three in the OP? I've been wondering what the fuck that thing was with the yellow eyes for weeks, I just never bothered to ask about it.

Shmuppers

I finally bit the bullet and started on the manga; I'm halfway through part 5. Where does part 5 rank amongst the Jojo's?

Also, I just got to King Crimson and I have no idea how his power works. Is he just DIO?

Hatty

I finally bit the bullet and started on the manga; I'm halfway through part 5. Where does part 5 rank amongst the Jojo's?

Also, I just got to King Crimson and I have no idea how his power works. Is he just DIO?

Are you reading the new translation? But anyway the part gets kind of a bad rap which is mostly due to it having the worst translation in the series, yes its worse than duwang. Its getting fixed though, the new translation team is about halfway through

The abrupt shift from part 3 to part 4's style is definitely something I appreciated more after I finished the whole thing. The first time I read it, it was like "what the fuck?"

Matsukaze

I've come to assume that anime folks who really dig Part 3's structure and pacing are going to go gaga for Part 5's structure and pacing.

Part 6 is more up in the air. Part 3 anime fans seem to really love the fact that the arc's main goal is stated up-front and that the party is more "traditionally heroic" (for lack of a better term) than Part 4's team. Part 6 definitely makes the overarching goal clear early on but its team is definitely not "traditionally heroic".

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map

There was a ton of noise from some of the anime-only crowd about how Stardust Crusaders was just stand of the week fluff though. You'll hear the same thing with Vento Aureo, as it uses the same formula.

Shmuppers

Are you reading the new translation? But anyway the part gets kind of a bad rap which is mostly due to it having the worst translation in the series, yes its worse than duwang.

It must be the new translation because I've read duwang and it's nowhere near that bad. It did say something about "old scans" but I think that just refers to the image quality

I love love love the stands of the main cast in part 5. All of them are so interesting! The italian mobster angle is also really cool, I feel like I'll enjoy this part a lot

Finish part 5 before you fall into the trap even the most hardened Jojologists fall into when they ask how King Crimson works.

5 has some really awesome action, but like mentioned before, the old translation makes the character stuff seem boring.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
It must be the new translation because I've read duwang and it's nowhere near that bad. It did say something about "old scans" but I think that just refers to the image quality

No, that's the old translation lol. Don't read those.

Debirudog

Part 6 is more up in the air. Part 3 anime fans seem to really love the fact that the arc's main goal is stated up-front and that the party is more "traditionally heroic" (for lack of a better term) than Part 4's team. Part 6 definitely makes the overarching goal clear early on but its team is definitely not "traditionally heroic".
Yo, when Jolyne killed the lawyer in the most violent way possible, I was like, "WTF?"

Hatty

The old translation is tricky because while its mostly grammatically correct half of it is completely made up. Like completely made up lines of dialog, its amazing how bad it is. Old scans mean old translation so avoid those if you can

cntr

Banned
The old translation of Part 5 is several times worse than Duwang, and I mean it. Duwang's English might be worse, but it's infinitely more competent as a translation of a story.

Is Shigechi the only character to be killed over something as mundane as a fucking katsu sandwich. Cause seriously. Shigechi was essentially killed over his obsession with a fucking sandwich.

Ezalc

Tell me about it

How creepy can a person be to FIX YOUR SOCKS BEFORE KILLING YOU.

Honestly I think it's making mountains out of molehills.

If someone posted say, a whole panel from part 6 or something, then your have a problem. But it's a comic that just says JoJo and shows a bunch of people standing around. That's not much of a spoiler.

It's showing all the future protagonists, people already see that one is a girl and another is handicapped (since why would he be the only one sitting down). It's a spoiler, somebody in the thread already said that Jotaro had a daughter around DiU's time. It's irritating because it's fucking obvious that you shouldn't post that shit, but people still do.

cntr

Banned
Basically, Part 5 was translated from Japanese to Chinese by a guy who didn't speak Japanese well, then was translated by a different guy who spoke English fluently, but didn't know Chinese well.

So the grammar might be fine, but Vento Aureo's translation is literally a bootleg of a bootleg.

Matsukaze

Is Shigechi the only character to be killed over something as mundane as a fucking katsu sandwich. Cause seriously. Shigechi was essentially killed over his obsession with a fucking sandwich.
To make it even worse - Shigechi didn't even get his last meal because a dog ate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom