• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shmuppers

Basically, Part 5 was translated from Japanese to Chinese by a guy who didn't speak Japanese well, then was translated by a different guy who spoke English fluently, but didn't know Chinese well.

So the grammar might be fine, but Vento Aureo's translation is literally a bootleg of a bootleg.

lol. Glad I posted here then.

Yeah now that I know that I might read over certain volumes again, like the one with White Album fight.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
lol. Glad I posted here then.

Yeah now that I know that I might read over certain volumes again, like the one with White Album fight.

Rereading the White Album fight with a proper translation is highly recommended. The old scans messed up a surprising amount of things.

Matsukaze

I think even reading the bad translations, White Album was my favorite Part 5 fight. I can only imagine what proper translations would be like.

Hatty

I think I like Beach Boy and Grateful Dead the most but White Album is definitely up there. The only fight I dislike is probably Baby Face.

Erigu

The issue is Erigu, is that you're not getting it, or it's not being made clear to you. In example:
Why did you edit out the rest of the post, where I pointed out that the manga said nothing about that?

"Removed from Causality" means just that, that Diavolo wasn't hit.
Oh man, please don't try and make it sound like "removed from causality" is a perfectly common expression that doesn't require any further elaboration. :þ
(Also, as I pointed out, I find it a bit odd to argue that the bullets "weren't really there", only to then add that Diavolo "wasn't really there" either, but that's another matter...)

I just got to King Crimson and I have no idea how his power works.
Clearly, the author doesn't know either.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Maybe one of the mods has Killer Queen as a stand and is deleting posts and making sure nothing happens.

Also I was confused how there's suddenly a group talk. Like, why would even Cinderella suddenly be involved with the gang.

There was a ton of noise from some of the anime-only crowd about how Stardust Crusaders was just stand of the week fluff though. You'll hear the same thing with Vento Aureo, as it uses the same formula.

I think it breaks it up with the mob stuff a little more. It goes fight-fight-revelation/ new assignment.

Why did you edit out the rest of the post, where I pointed out that the manga said nothing about that?

Oh man, please don't try and make it sound like "removed from causality" is a perfectly common expression that doesn't require any further elaboration. :þ
(Also, as I pointed out, I find it a bit odd to argue that the bullets "weren't really there", only to then add that Diavolo "wasn't really there" either, but that's another matter...)

The bullets 'weren't really there' isn't the explanation. That's what people are trying to explain it to you because you don't know what 'Removed from Causality' means. Causality means 'The effects of cause and effect'. Diavolo was removed from that moment the bullets would've struck him, because while King Crimson is time skipping, Diavolo can move within this time, but the bullets would continue along their path. To everyone else, this time is 'skipped', they just see the beginning and end.

Erigu

The bullets 'weren't really there' isn't the explanation.
Er.
The bullets pass through Diavolo because they weren't really there during the skipped time
Removing Diavolo from causality means that the bullets 'Weren't really there' to hit Diavolo.
If that's not what you guys meant, maybe you should have phrased that (very) differently.

That's what people are trying to explain it to you because you don't know what 'Removed from Causality' means.
There you go again, trying to make it sound like that's a common expression... C'mon, man. It's not a real phenomenon. It may sound cool, but it sure as hell doesn't really mean anything by itself.

Causality means 'The effects of cause and effect'.
Gee, thanks...

Diavolo was removed from that moment the bullets would've struck him, because while King Crimson is time skipping, Diavolo can move within this time, but the bullets would continue along their path.
Diavolo didn't move out of the way. During that scene, he explains that everything disappeared during half a second, and that's why he wasn't hurt by the bullets.

And as I've been saying for a while now, if that's how it works, if "everything disappears" during the time skip, then there shouldn't have been paw prints for Giorno to notice (that was before the Risotto fight), or extra blood drops for Polnareff to count (that was after the Risotto fight).
As I put it in that post I linked to earlier (for nothing, it seems):
If the "Polnareff has some extra blood droplet markings on his leg" result is there even after the "extra blood drops fell on Polnareff's leg" event was skipped (and it is), the "Diavolo has some big bullet-shaped holes in his head" result should be there even after the "bullets pierce Diavolo's skull" event was skipped (but it's not).
When I point that out, some seem to argue back that "Diavolo is an exception", but the manga doesn't say that only Diavolo disappears, it says that everything does.

Maybe one of the mods has Killer Queen as a stand and is deleting posts and making sure nothing happens.

Also I was confused how there's suddenly a group talk. Like, why would even Cinderella suddenly be involved with the gang.

I thought it was because stand users are attracted to each other.

Er.

If that's not what you guys meant, maybe you should have phrased that (very) differently.

There you go again, trying to make it sound like that's a common expression... C'mon, man. It's not a real phenomenon. It may sound cool, but it sure as hell doesn't really mean anything by itself.

Gee, thanks...

Diavolo didn't move out of the way. During that scene, he explains that everything disappeared during half a second, and that's why he wasn't hurt by the bullets.

And as I've been saying for a while now, if that's how it works, if "everything disappears" during the time skip, then there shouldn't have been paw prints for Giorno to notice (that was before the Risotto fight), or extra blood drops for Polnareff to count (that was after the Risotto fight).
As I put it in that post I linked to earlier (for nothing, it seems):

When I point that out, some seem to argue back that "Diavolo is an exception", but the manga doesn't say that only Diavolo disappears, it says that everything does.

If everything disappeared during the timeskip nobody would have clothes.</bad logic>

You're trying to use semantics to make your argument(Because 'Removed from causality' isn't a common phrase, as if that nulls the argument being made). I explained what causality is. You're nitpicking semantics.

Let's make it easy for you. "The bullets skipped hitting Diavolo". The pawprints and the blood drops are going to be there because, surprise, neither Polnareff or Giorno control King Crimson.

There. Easy. Bullets skipped Diavolo because time skip. Why? Because King Crimson erased the instance where they would've hit him. He didn't erase the paw prints or blood drops because King Crimson don't give a fuck about paw prints or blood drops.

JayEH

They sound a lot more similar than I thought they would be. Also it's funny how so many actors in ASB have different roles in the anime. Some examples I can think of is Pucci is Vanilla Ice, Diavolo is Kira, Johnny is Koichi.

cntr

Banned
The game sounds like battle catchphrases, which they are, while the anime voice sounds like dialogue.

Wonder if the VA'll still be Diavolo.

Erigu

If everything disappeared during the timeskip nobody would have clothes.</bad logic>
Bad logic indeed. Is there a point in there somewhere?

You're trying to use semantics to make your argument(Because 'Removed from causality' isn't a common phrase, as if that nulls the argument being made).
No, I'm trying to use words to explain that it's kinda shitty of you to keep going "lol you don't know what being removed from causality means".
No, I don't know, because "being removed from causality" isn't a thing. I can try and infer what you might mean by that based on what seems to happen in the manga, but that's about it.

It's also kinda silly of you, considering your own explanations are actually quite inconsistent.
First, it meant that the bullets weren't really there:
Removing Diavolo from causality means that the bullets 'Weren't really there' to hit Diavolo.
Then, it's not the bullets that weren't there, it's Diavolo and only him (again, never mind the fact that the manga actually says that everything disappeared during the time skip, nothing about it being about Diavolo and only him):
"Removed from Causality" means just that, that Diavolo wasn't hit. The paw prints will still be there, and the blood drops will still be there, because the people those marks are on weren't removed from causality.
And later on, you suddenly started talking about Diavolo being able to move during the time skip (which actually seems pretty damn superfluous based on your previous explanation: why would he need to move?):
Diavolo was removed from that moment the bullets would've struck him, because while King Crimson is time skipping, Diavolo can move within this time, but the bullets would continue along their path.
You keep trying to make it sound like the problem is that I don't understand. I think it's rather that you can't explain. For a good reason: it makes no sense, as I explained several times already.

I explained what causality is.
And you didn't need to. I was talking about the expression "removed from causality", not the word "causality".

"The bullets skipped hitting Diavolo". The pawprints and the blood drops are going to be there because, surprise, neither Polnareff or Giorno control King Crimson.
There. Easy. Bullets skipped Diavolo because time skip. Why? Because King Crimson erased the instance where they would've hit him. He didn't erase the paw prints or blood drops because King Crimson don't give a fuck about paw prints or blood drops.
In the first paragraph, your argument seems to be that the bullets skipped Diavolo because the very fact King Crimson is his Stand makes him (as in, his body) an exception.
But in the second paragraph, your argument now seems to be that Diavolo actually gets to choose what disappears. The reason the paw prints and blood drops showed up no longer is that Giorno and Polnareff weren't the users of King Crimson (what you argued in your first paragraph), but that Diavolo simply didn't care about those.
Like I said above, you don't seem to be able to explain yourself properly, sorry.
Not that any of that is ever stated in the actual manga anyway... Again, you're conveniently ignoring what's actually stated in the manga, i.e that everything disappears. Nothing about natural exceptions, nothing about getting to choose.

It's okay to just admit there are inconsistencies in the series, you guys!

cntr

Banned
You know, if Josefumi is SBR Joseph's illegitimate son...Gappy's dad and grandfather would technically be the same person, right?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It's hard to feel sympathy for Shigechi when he is so damn stupid. The moment a mysterious villain started taunting me about what his Stand was just about to do, I'd have used Harvest to slit the carotid that it was right on top of and be done with it. That fight felt more than a little contrived.

i'm also a little disappointed by Killer Queen's stand. Explosions just feel so tame in a Jojo context. RHCP felt like a more imposing antagonist with a cooler ability.

Shigechi thought that he had nothing to worry about since Killer Queen had a short range and he had him at his mercy. Probably thought capturing him was better since having a dead guy with a slit carotid and a seperate severed hand isn't a good look.

JayEH

He's also not a killer. Remember none of the heroes have killed anyone in this part. Expecting the middle schooler to be the first one to do so is absurd.

Lunar15

I haven't really enjoyed the soundtrack all that much save for a few tracks, but I really love how they've set up Kira's theme and how they escalated it during the start of Sheer Heart Attack.

I haven't really enjoyed the soundtrack all that much save for a few tracks, but I really love how they've set up Kira's theme and how they escalated it during the start of Sheer Heart Attack.

I also like the sweeping 'sad music' that played during Shigechi's struggle and death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom