• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
If you check the times listed in Part 6, Pucci became friends with Dio after the Crusaders reached Egypt, and the whole drama with Weather Report happened right in the middle of Part 3.

Giorno and all that other stuff happened a few years before, though. There's 6sh year gap between Dio's revival and Stardust Crusaders.

That means an American town was being Heavy Weather'd around when they were fighting the first few Egyptian God Stands.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
that long? I always thought it was only a year or so from the coffin to SC

also I find it weird no one noticed DIO leaving in and out the country

cntr

Banned
Yeah, Dio wakes up in 1983, Giorno was born in 1985, and gets The World in 1986, then meets Pucci in America in 1988, and Stardust Crusaders happens a few months later. Then Pucci gets Whitesnake and goes to Egypt in 1989, around the same time the Egypt arc happens.

KingDirk

I don't stews about timeline stuff in JoJo usually (excepting when on earth did FunFunFun deal with Kira and how did Kira convince him he needed more finger foods in his diet) but I do love the idea of Dio freezing time to get around TSA et al

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Araki was thanking himself profusely for including that 6-year gap to allow for DIO-related shenanigans.

Does this mean Joseph has like 4 uncles because DIO with Jonathan's body or

cntr

Banned
Yes, Joseph has four uncles.

That means that Jolyne fights three of her great-great-great-great-granduncles (I think I got that right), most of whom are only a few years older than her.

Consider this:

Giorno, 15 years old, is the granduncle of Joseph, 81 years old.
Lol. Fucking Dio fucking with family bloodline logistics.
Well it is based in Florida.
florida.gif

There's probably a stand that could actually do this.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I always forget how Jotaro is related to this insanity, but he's Josephs...Nephew?

Joseph and Suzi Q gave birth to Holly
Holly married Sadao Kujo and gave birth to Jotaro
Joseph met Tomoko Higashikata in Japan and she ended up giving birth to Josuke.
So Josuke is Jotaro's uncle, even though he's much younger.

Thank you. It's been a long time since Part 3 for me. I knew it was a blood relation though. Jotaro just didn't treat Joseph like a blood relation "Hey old man" fucking Jotaro.
Do we ever find out what Jotaro's dad even looks like?

JayEH

That was the first time jotaro and Joseph met so their bonding time was traveling halfway around the world to kill a vampire.

cntr

Banned
No, Joseph's been with Jotaro ever since he was a born. Joseph complains about how his grandson got so grumpy at the beginning of SC.

JayEH

No, Joseph's been with Jotaro ever since he was a born. Joseph complains about how his grandson got so grumpy at the beginning of SC.

At the beginning holly says "this is your grandfather" and jotaro doesn't know who he is when he shows up.

cntr

Banned
I went back and checked, it's Jotaro being surprised that he showed up, not surprised to meet him for the first time. Holly's saying that Joseph's here to help, not introducing him.

cntr

Banned
ok the thing is

It would make absolutely zero sense for Joseph not to visit Jotaro regularly when he was growing up. I mean, look at his interactions with Josuke and Holly. It doesn't work at all.

ok the thing is

It would make absolutely zero sense for Joseph not to visit Jotaro regularly when he was growing up. I mean, look at his interactions with Josuke and Holly. It doesn't work at all.
Joseph is the dad to some baby girl he's never even met before.

D-Man

Jotaro knew Suzie while he was on the phone with her in the submarine, so he definitely knew Joseph prior to Part 3. They probably weren't that close though.

Nairume

Banned
Yeah, it honestly just sounds like Joseph didn't get to see him that often, but it wasn't like Jotaro never saw or interacted with his grandparents.

I'd really like to buy Eyes of Heaven but it's hard to justify $60 for a game I'll touch maybe twice outside of its wacky story.

Unless the fan service is hype af this time and not just animated scenes from the manga

PixelatedBookake

Don't forget Holly being Josuke's half sister.

D-Man

I'd really like to buy Eyes of Heaven but it's hard to justify $60 for a game I'll touch maybe twice outside of its wacky story.

Unless the fan service is hype af this time and not just animated scenes from the manga
The fan service is the best part about the game, imo. There's some great character interactions in there between characters who would never meet in canon.

D-Man

WHAT. THE. FUCK. IS. THIS. THING? AND. HOW. BROKEN. IS. IT?

It's a Stand that can lets its user hop between universes and even swap its user with an alt. universe version of himself with no issue. If someone else besides its user ends up in the same place as their alt. universe counterpart, let's just say that things don't end well for them.

The last one? That's Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap or D4C for short. How broken is it? Well depending on how much you care for spoilers...

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap allows different parallel worlds/dimensions to co-exist at the same time and/or in the same place. It also allows its user to visit these parallel worlds/dimensions and interact with them. Valentine travels by being closed between two objects, shown first by the use of a door against a wall. Liquid materials, such as water count as objects as well, and even dust or steam. Valentine only needs a part of himself put between two objects to be able to hop between dimensions.

Valentine can also pull other people or items to other dimensions by forcing them between two objects. Valentine usually performs the latter by slamming a door on them while they are backed against a wall. However, as no two versions of the same person or thing can co-exist in the same dimension, one of them will have to go back into their own. If not, and if they get too close to one another, both will crumble, splitting into Menger sponges before obliteration. This rule does not apply to Valentine himself.

If Funny Valentine is injured, he can hop into another dimension and transfer his Stand to this world's Valentine. Said Valentine acquires the memory of the previous Valentine and becomes the 'Root Valentine' by virtue of now possessing the Stand, but his consciousness remains different from that of the previous owner. Nevertheless, the differences are unnoticeable. Furthermore, he can summon any number of alternate selves to a target dimension in order to outnumber his opponents. These Valentines do not have D4C's of their own however, this Stand seemingly being wholly unique to the 'Root World'.

So very very very very broken. And then it gets double broken later.

It's a Stand that can lets its user hop between universes and even swap its user with an alt. universe version of himself with no issue. If someone else besides its user ends up in the same place as their alt. universe counterpart, let's just say that things don't end well for them.
What the motherfucking fucking fuck?! And people were like what the fucking fuck at fucking army men stands this is some old fucking bullshit!!!! That is one bad ass looking bullshit fucking stand though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom