• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's skip all other parts and get this animated.

I'm worried that the Steel Ball Run anime will get shit on hard for awhile at the beginning if they ever do it. It's hands down my favorite part, and seeing people dismiss it (especially coming off the end of Stone Ocean, a hell of an act to follow) is gonna break my heart, break your heart.

I'm worried that the Steel Ball Run anime will get shit on hard for awhile at the beginning if they ever do it. It's hands down my favorite part, and seeing people dismiss it (especially coming off the end of Stone Ocean, a hell of an act to follow) is gonna break my heart, break your heart.
So what part is it kind of like? Only part I've been sort of luke warm on was part three which is why I haven't done a rewatch of it yet. Jotaro...just isn't my dude.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I really want to reread Steel Ball Run soon-ish. I reread Ringo Roadagain's arc a couple months back on a whim and loved that even more than I did the first time around. Have a feeling I'll feel that way about part seven as a whole.

Well, aside from Sandman being squandered like he was. That will always suck.

So what part is it kind of like? Only part I've been sort of luke warm on was part three which is why I haven't done a rewatch of it yet. Jotaro...just isn't my dude.

The manga didn't even start as Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. It was just a horse race with familiar characters (A Zeppeli, a Joestar). The stands for the most part are weird (lol at Mountain Tim). It's bizarre even for Jojo. I guess its closest to part 3 because of the whole racing to a specific location bit

The manga didn't even start as Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. It was just a horse race with familiar characters (A Zeppeli, a Joestar). The stands for the most part are weird (lol at Mountain Tim). It's bizarre even for Jojo. I guess its closest to part 3 because of the whole racing to a specific location bit
Are the characters fun? Cause that's my main gripe with Part 3. Part 3 cast didn't really seem to gel at least in the show until the later half for me. Too much Jotaro as well. Avdol with Joseph fighting Mariah, was just too fucking good. Jojo is at it's best when it zany as fuck. Jotaro couldn't be zany.

I was gonna say it starts off really slow and takes awhile to get there, then I remember that this shit happens near the start.

I don't want to get too much more into detail. I remember hearing about how awesome part 7 was while I was reading Part 4. Eventually made it there and the wait was worth it.

img000026.jpg

cntr

Banned
Part 7 will be popular in the anime crowd just because it has hamon 2.0.

Besides, you just need to wait for the Scary Monsters fight.

Man, it must be some sort of cosmic coincidence that Erased and Re Zero got popular around the time that part 4 is airing. I wanna see what the reaction that anime only watchers who are fans of the those two other shows will have once Bites za Dusto is introduced.

It's little things like this

14039927_605883189572986_6829382314390576926_n.png

Interesting he would talk to kakyoin specifically.

Reading Part 3 it's not surprising it became such an iconic part. It's loaded with great imagery and it's a legitimately fun read.

I don't know if it's weird that I like/love every Jojo part to some degree.

Not that I'm blind to their individual faults but I just have a blast reading it.

As I'm nearing the end of Stone Ocean, I find myself looking forward to Jojolion more than SBR; despite the fact that I've heard nothing but good about Part 7.

Steel Ball Run and Jojolion are both excellent. Especially if Jojolion ends well.
I think the chance to be caught up on a Jojo arc before it ends is most enticing. I'm still going to read SBR first, as Jojolion is on volume 13, or so now? If the previous parts are any indication, there's still quite a bit left.

I think the chance to be caught up on a Jojo arc before it ends is most enticing. I'm still going to read SBR first, as Jojolion is on volume 13, or so now? If the previous parts are any indication, there's still quite a bit left.

We have no clue if we have seen the big bad of Jojolion yet, we may of ......we have not so really 0 clue on how close to the end we are. Also part 8 used multiple months for stag beetle battles....it was worth every page.

Squishy3

Beetle Tendency was right when I started reading Part 8

Honestly reading a Jojo part as it comes out is the most fascinating thing. I can only imagine what it was like to experience D4C as it was releasing monthly

cntr

Banned
You know, if that "The World has the powers of all the Joestar stands" theory is true...

Does that mean it has Under World, Sky High, and Bohemian Rhapsody??

Thud

I think the people that complain on where's the plot are gonna complain again about SBR.

They aren't ready for the freshmaker.

cntr

Banned
There's a theory that Jobin's stand isn't heat manipulation, it's molecular manipulation. Not sure if I buy it, but it's a neat idea.

Siegcram

There's a theory that Jobin's stand isn't heat manipulation, it's molecular manipulation. Not sure if I buy it, but it's a neat idea.
Well, that's basically the same thing.

Depending on his level of control, Joubin could be unprecedented in OP'ness.

I was gonna say it starts off really slow and takes awhile to get there, then I remember that this shit happens near the start.

I don't want to get too much more into detail. I remember hearing about how awesome part 7 was while I was reading Part 4. Eventually made it there and the wait was worth it.

img000026.jpg
How the fuck is DavidPro going to be able draw people like this consistently on a weekly basis?

Yeah, on an artistic level the idea of adapting steel ball run for animation is a nightmare. You either have a ton of characters constantly moving in one scene or super in-depth crosshatch art.

cntr

Banned
lol no way they could get away with that

I'm betting that the gap between Stone Ocean and Steel Ball Run will be long, to let animation technology get good enough to animate SBR.

Steel Ball Run could be a periodical release like Hellsing Ultimate except

Story is way too long
No way each OVA would have enough story to be considered satisfactory, especially the early parts
No idea if David could handle the production like Madhouse

This raises an interesting question:

If David wasn't the animation studio, who else would you want to see animate it?

It's a cliche but I think either Bones or Madhouse have a proven track record with adaptations, although I don't think Madhouse would experiment much with the property.

Thud

Maybe DavidPro will be done with JoJo after Stone Ocean.

I'm sure they would love the challenge, but fresh eyes on SBR ain't that bad.

cntr

Banned
I'm 100% sure Steel Ball Run will be animated. The question is when it'll be animated.

I'd be fine with a non-David Pro studio if they had the same level of style and experimentation as DP does.

JayEH

It's little things like this

14039927_605883189572986_6829382314390576926_n.png

Interesting he would talk to kakyoin specifically.

Reading Part 3 it's not surprising it became such an iconic part. It's loaded with great imagery and it's a legitimately fun read.

never noticed things like this before but i guess it makes sense since they are the only two high school students in the group.

Hypron

Man, it must be some sort of cosmic coincidence that Erased and Re Zero got popular around the time that part 4 is airing. I wanna see what the reaction that anime only watchers who are fans of the those two other shows will have once Bites za Dusto baitsa dasuto is introduced.

I'm not familiar with those two other shows, do they also feature time looping shenanigans?

What if Steel Ball Run was a series of movies

Every year Jojo movies about horse racing and battling even weirder stands than part 6

Half the time the main character isn't even Jojo

They could spend each movie budget drawing horses and shit

Just give me Scary Monsters already

cntr

Banned
SBR is one of the weirdest takes on Jesus because it's not ridiculous crystal dragon anime Jesus, it's just...normal Jesus, mixed with Jojo bullshit.

convo

I'm not familiar with those two other shows, do they also feature time looping shenanigans?
Basically the whole premise.
Time loops are basically the Anime equivalent to super hero summer blockbuster movies, in terms of popular discussion topics in the anime threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom