• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypron

SBR is one of the weirdest takes on Jesus because it's not ridiculous crystal dragon anime Jesus, it's just...normal Jesus, mixed with Jojo bullshit.

The best sort of bullshit.

Basically the whole premise.
Time loops are basically the Anime equivalent to super hero summer blockbuster movies, in terms of popular discussion topics in the anime threads.

Ha I see, that clarifies things. Are they any good? I need to listen to more Japanese.

convo

SBR is one of the weirdest takes on Jesus because it's not ridiculous crystal dragon anime Jesus, it's just...normal Jesus, mixed with Jojo bullshit.

I remember seeing the jesus panel of him creeping on Johnny on the Jojo-wiki and the Squirrel from part 2, and thinking "oh no, i can't possibly postpone this any longer " and then i marathoned all of the Jojo manga.

JayEH

At least there is a connection between those parts. Jesus will make his return i can bet on that.

Yeah I do like the connection, it's pretty cool how it's handled but still would have liked to see old man Johnny teaching his ways to the next generation.

D4C is still insane.
trump-text-trumpto-88022-carmel-indiana-make-america-great-again-2418019.png

I must say I'm in love with the stand design:
dirty_deeds_done_dirt_cheap_by_yayoarellano-d69bxi8.jpg

Way cooler looking than some of the early stands.

JayEH

The world looks better than King Crimson imo.

How does it get more bizarre than what I read D4C does?

Well of course everything is crazy but to me what makes part 4 "bizarre" is that it is just slice of life for most of it and a lot of the arcs are just dealing with everyday life but with stands. All of the other parts have that expectation of being crazy due to the main objective that is usually outlined very early on but with 4 you have stuff like going in a restaurant for a nice lunch and thinking the spaghetti you're eating is suspicious then punching it. It's not until around halfway through you get a clear goal.

Wha-Za Warudo looks like a God.
I mean don't get me wrong he's cool looking, but he's not on the level of "Well what the fuck is that thing" like D4C. That zentai suit, those fucking 3 foot long ears, the heart sleeves. It just seems like much later on Araki made the stands stylish and creepy as fuck. With Killer Queen probably being the transition into that design style though he's too swole by comparison.
I'm fine with him here actually.
Dio is probably the only one that dresses like his stand.
The world looks better than King Crimson imo.

Well of course everything is crazy but to me what makes part 4 "bizarre" is that it is just slice of life for most of it and a lot of the arcs are just dealing with everyday life but with stands. All of the other parts have that expectation of being crazy due to the main objective that is usually outlined very early on but with 4 you have stuff like going in a restaurant for a nice lunch and thinking the spaghetti you're eating is suspicious then punching it. It's not until around halfway through you get a clear goal.
The head ornamentation on King Crimson is a bit alien so I'll agree with that one. Funny enough punching the spaghetti actually worked.

I just checked KC kind of reminds me of Voldo from Soul Calibur, yeah I can see how you wouldn't like it that much. There's no swag to it.

KingDirk

I like KC better than The World, its forehead-head and permanent grimace really sell the fact its master is a lunatic. Thr big bad stand I have a hard time evaluating is Whitenake/C-Moon, which may have to do with the insane layouts from Pt 6

cntr

Banned
King Crimson is benissimo. Bonus points for the design being a reference to both Total Recall and Court of the Crimson King.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom