• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next episode preview

2TZryba.png

JayEH

So I'm re reading Part 5 and Black Sabbath stabbed Gold Experience...any reason that Gold Experience didn't go requiem except for Araki not coming up with that deus ex machina yet?

So I'm re reading Part 5 and Black Sabbath stabbed Gold Experience...any reason that Gold Experience didn't go requiem except for Araki not coming up with that deus ex machina yet?

Probably that

or

a) Giorno was not 'spiritually ready'
b) the requiem arrow, which has a complete bug design instead of a hole like the previous arrows, does in fact have different effects.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Man wtf is that thing Diego's pants? Its been so long that don't remember it. Is it his dinosaur thighs? Can i just take them and take his stand?

cntr

Banned
It's because Giorno didn't need it. Giorno tries to go Requiem on purpose, but the arrow rejects him and gives him an injury, exactly like Black Sabbath.

Why you guys watch Berserk anime when you know it's trash.

Nothing else to do? There's Mob Psycho 100.
Glutton for punishment. I'll eventually get to Mob Psycho 100 at some point. My other show is Hunter x Hunter. Fully Nened out Bisquit Krueger reminds me of cross dressing Joseph Joestar.

cntr

Banned
I'm Japanese so let me give a different perspective of Echoes. This is not an explanation of the ability...

One of many things I see on the Japanese forums is this:

音じゃなくて言葉らしいぞ
act1が言葉の響き、act2が言葉の意味、act3が言葉の重みって感じらしい

(The inspiration behind Echoes) is not sound but most likely words act1 is the sound of words, act2 is meaning of words, act3 is the weight of words.

It just sounds right in Japanese.

from reddit, that's actually kind of interesting

from reddit, that's actually kind of interesting
Holy shit I actually went through how Echoes effects everything with the kanji in my head and that actually makes sense. When he fought Yukako, he battled her with sounds until that didn't work and then Act 2 came out and the words actually started turning into their literal translation. Breeze would make wind blow, sizzling made shit hot and now Act 3 adds weight in a gravity sense to everything. I guess the weight of the "freeze" mechanic added to the weight of SHA causing it to stop, since freeze means to stop something in motion. I guess it just added more weight to SHA to get it to stop moving.

Before Kira showed up Mob Psycho 100 was giving Jojo a run for its money which shocked me. Good stuff, especially since I though OPM was only "fine"

Edit: I don't want to make it seem like Mob dropped off, it hasn't, but it's no match for Yoshikage Kira

Hypron

To be honest I think I prefer Mob Psycho at this point. I haven't read the manga but I feel like I'd like it as much as JoJo. The story and the characters are likeable and interesting in both cases. They are pretty different apart from that, but I feel like quality-wise they are similar (so far). But then, when it comes to the anime, MP100's animation is just nothing short of amazing, which makes it edge past JoJo for me.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I haven't read the MP100 manga either (I cooled off on OPM, which I read, so I wasn't interested in picking up another One manga) but the MP100 anime is the best thing running all year. Really is fun as hell.

Anyway, this is probably my favorite DiU fight in the manga and today's ep. was alright. Faces / expressions looked good when close up, but the animation could've been stronger.

cntr

Banned
Keep in mind that MP100 is only 13 episodes, they can afford a lot more animation.

They're both really greato either way.

MP100 also has, like I said, some of the best pure animators in the industry.

I mean, yeah David Pro has done a good job but we're talking completely different leagues.

cntr

Banned
ACT 3 Bees: releases the bees which attack your enemies.
ACT 3 Cheese: summons cheese to overwhelm enemies
ACT 3 Teen: turns people into teenagers

yes, this is a good power

cntr

Banned
Someone pointed out that Whitesnake is basically a spooky campfire story, a demon spirit that wanders the Green Dolphin Street Prison and steals your "soul" if you run into it.

That's a neat way of looking at it.

Breads

Banned
I was browsing out of context jojo and I've been noticing a lot of colored JJBA pages and that got me wondering - why JJBA? Admittedly I haven't read many manga so if this is more common never mind me but what was the impetus to color JJBA in particular? Don't get me wrong, it looks pretty good, but this isn't something I really ever see in manga and I'm curious to know if there is a story behind why they chose to do it.

I watched the first 3 episodes of Berserk, and it didn't look entirely awful. Its just when a lot of action is going on that the models look like they're made of wood, reatard.

ionitron

So, I read like 35% of Part 5 yesterday and the day before and FINALLY finished it. It's been about a year, honestly, and it's incredible how it picked up at the end.

For reference, I left it around Talking Head (the stand that prevents you from telling the truth) so I didn't yet know
Trish's Stand and Diavolo's split personality. like, holy shit, what!
. Couldn't stop reading it after that.

I was browsing out of context jojo and I've been noticing a lot of colored JJBA pages and that got me wondering - why JJBA? Admittedly I haven't read many manga so if this is more common never mind me but what was the impetus to color JJBA in particular? Don't get me wrong, it looks pretty good, but this isn't something I really ever see in manga and I'm curious to know if there is a story behind why they chose to do it.

It's just a kind of digital release meant for smartphones/tablets iirc that Japan started doing. Jojo is part of these because it's popular most likely, but from looking around it's most definitely not just JJBA. From searching I saw Dragonball, Death Note, Toriko, Reborn, YYH, HxH, and that's just to name some of the ones I could recognize.

Anybody remember the beauty pageant scene in Persona 4 with Kanji? That's genderbent Okuyasu. I can see Kira going after genderbent Hazamada cause of those hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom