• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would a female Kira kill men for their strong masculine hands or soft, gentle hands?
or both?
I think even if Kira was a woman he'd be going after dainty feminine fingers. I think I'd just prefer female Kira as a lesbian. You don't have to change much about the character to retain how twisted she would be. Besides if genderbent Kira was going after females that would put the genderbent cast in greater danger. Imagine if Koichi for example ran into Kira, Koichi would be in danger for completely different reasons.

PK Gaming

CrdOAiRVYAAibIv.jpg

I think even if Kira was a woman he'd be going after dainty feminine fingers. I think I'd just prefer female Kira as a lesbian. You don't have to change much about the character to retain how twisted she would be. Besides if genderbent Kira was going after females that would put the genderbent cast in greater danger. Imagine if Koichi for example ran into Kira, Koichi would be in danger for completely different reasons.

I would want a straight genderbent Kira just to see what the gym rant would be from a straight female serial killer experience. And I would love seeing a scene with two muscular douchebros being loud assholes at a cafe and female Kira looking at their hands and getting excited.

Now that I've finished Stone Ocean, I think I can offer a series ranking so far. For me it goes: 6>4>5>3/2>1

I wasn't sure how much I would like a part that mostly takes place within a prison in Florida, but it was great. Loved the characters, stands, villain, everything. It's a shame it isn't more popular.

I hope it gets an anime, even though the censoring will be ridiculous.

JayEH

Johnny is my second favorite. The only jojo who acts like a human IMO. He's not the lone gunman trope (Jotaro) or typical shonen (Joseph) but someone who selfishly wants one thing more than anything else but throughout the story actually matures. The scene where he choses to give a corpse part up to save gyro was the best character moment in the series for me with the final battle with Valentine being a very close second.

KingDirk

I like the parts of Kira's personality you can see in Gappy. After Josuke was so sweet and honest having another Josuke who can be manipulative and aloof is quite interesting. But I also Stan for part 8 I think

Breads

Banned
P7 is literally Johnny's coming of age story. I can't fathom why people think Gyro's the real hero.

Johnny might have had the more interesting growth but Gyro's oddball antics was still more entertaining on a moment to moment basis when he was given the chance to shine.

Debirudog

Well, yeah, Gyro is definitely a lot more funny and goofy. But Araki did a really good job making Johnny a sympathetic character what with his backstory being essentially an unfavorite with a massive guilt complex. And then we got ACT III, and by god, is it a badass.

The whole backstory for Johnny is a lot more compelling and i always felt Johnathan's father was a bit of an asshole during the beginning. Steel Ball Run took it to it's logical extreme.

D-Man

Now that I've finished Stone Ocean, I think I can offer a series ranking so far. For me it goes: 6>4>5>3/2>1

I wasn't sure how much I would like a part that mostly takes place within a prison in Florida, but it was great. Loved the characters, stands, villain, everything. It's a shame it isn't more popular.

I hope it gets an anime, even though the censoring will be ridiculous.

I'm glad you enjoyed Stone Ocean. Personally it's my second favorite Part and I feel that it doesn't get as enough love as it should. Everything about it is nuts and once the gang leaves the prison, things only escalate even faster.

Weather and Pucci's backstory is so fucked up that I can't imagine how much censoring they'll have to put in an anime adaptation.

cntr

Banned
Araki's said that Gyro and Johnny were his retakes on Zeppeli and Jonathan, with a bit of Joseph and Caesar mixed in.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Well, yeah, Gyro is definitely a lot more funny and goofy. But Araki did a really good job making Johnny a sympathetic character what with his backstory being essentially an unfavorite with a massive guilt complex. And then we got ACT III, and by god, is it a badass.

The whole backstory for Johnny is a lot more compelling and i always felt Johnathan's father was a bit of an asshole during the beginning. Steel Ball Run took it to it's logical extreme.
Didnt johnny become like a super dick in part 8? Also gyro went full on american when he first stepped in america. His fucking teeth man. Niyohoho motherfucker.

Johnny actions in Part 8 didn't surprise me at all. Gyro's the better character in part 7, but goddamn did Johnny have a hell of a story.

Edit: The scene in New York with his father...fuck man, right in the heart

I'm glad you enjoyed Stone Ocean. Personally it's my second favorite Part and I feel that it doesn't get as enough love as it should. Everything about it is nuts and once the gang leaves the prison, things only escalate even faster.

Weather and Pucci's backstory is so fucked up that I can't imagine how much censoring they'll have to put in an anime adaptation.
What's your first favorite?

DJwest

The anime has been amazing so far. After this Sheer Heart Attack episode, I decided to read the manga and I'm now done with Part 4. Yare yare daze, such an amazing ride lol. Enigma, the Tower guy and Highway Star were all amazing. I've just started part 5, hope it's not as bad as most people say.

The anime has been amazing so far. After this Sheer Heart Attack episode, I decided to read the manga and I'm now done with Part 4. Yare yare daze, such an amazing ride lol. Enigma, the Tower guy and Highway Star were all amazing. I've just started part 5, hope it's not as bad as most people say.
It's not, but try to read the newer/higher-quality translation.

Its not bad. the crew is very different than the ones in parts 1-4. you should also look for the newer and better translations for part 5.

Kurtofan

don't read the old translation, whatever you do.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I can't wait for the anime to reach Bite the Dust, would be hilarious to see people get confused in groundhog loop

about part 5, there is panel where it seems like Polpo eats his own fingers and gio thinks it must be related to his ability, but black sabbath has no powers that explain this at all. wtf was that about ???

It's only the eyes that bother me in anime KQ, in that I feel that it shouldn't emote as much. Always liked that KQ's eyes were permanently wide open, cold, expressionless like a cat always observing its prey.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Doppio is by far the best part of Diavolo's characterization. It's sort of disappointing that the split personality aspect is revealed so suddenly, it happens as soon as Doppio is introduced.

cntr

Banned
Yes, they fucked Diavolo's personality too. He's not Kira or Pucci-level, but he's not infinitely dull.

Doppio and Diavolo's interactions are all really interesting, for example, in a more than pure humor sense

JayEH

I read some things that helped me see Diavolo in a better light. It has to do with the main theme of Part 5 which is defying fate. Everyone in the crew has had bad shit happen to them but they didn't let them bring down. Most obvious example is Giorno who could have easily turned out evil but overcame it. Diavolo tries to control his fate anyway by killing off anyone who might have a connection to him. It makes for a more interesting battle at the end.

Part 5 anime gonna be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom