• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
He found out about it while spying on them, his dad told him about it, or he noticed that people look different when they walked out of the salon, or some mixture of those.

huh interesting, i don't remember reading that in the manga but it must have happened lol

how much time is supposed to have passed b/w Shigechi's death and SHA? Probably only a couple days right?

Genryu

Banned
I still love how Joseph's soul ascended to heaven while giving Jotaro words of encouragement, only for him to still be alive.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist

Its simple, Diavolo pauses time, goes into the 5th dimension, splices off 10 seconds of time, watches what happens, tosses it out, connects the two pieces back together into a single timeline, goes back reality, and resumes time. Time plays out as if point A was immediately followed by point C, and period B never happens, which causes everything to just teleport around.

The new translations for VA have been interesting, especially in regards to how Giorno's character is presented and perceived. Mista's lines about how Giorno is sort of the pathfinder, the one who guides the others towards their goals, was really cool. There isn't really a JoJo before him that does that. Jonathan just follows Zeppeli's lead, takes on his will and charges forward, Joseph does whatever the fuck he wants, Jotaro is pretty much along for the crazy ride trying to get his job done and Josuke just hangs with his buddies and helps catch serial killers.

So, we see Giorno has the calm head and good crisis thinking that the other JoJo's have, but he's more akin to Part 4 Jotaro. He comes to the front lines when it is needed, but he works with his team and tries to make sure everyone has the right chance at the right time to turn the tables. Giorno/Mista vs Ghiaccio is (where the line from Mista is from) was really good about it, but you see it elsewhere, like right after with Bruno's first meeting with the boss, with the ladybug brooch.

So what I'm saying is Part 5 is dope and Giorno is cool.

im looking forward to reading part 5 again once this translation is finished

also looking forward to a part 5 anime

if they use the eyes of heaven VAs though it will be weird hearing Naruto and Sasuke in JoJo lol, although I really do like Sasuke's VA as Buccellati

cntr

Banned
A neat thing I've always liked:

Josuke beats up cops with cola, Jotaro is in jail, Josuke gets jumped by cops, Jolyne is in jail big time, Johnny fights the government, Gappy has to evade the law when people plant drugs on him. All of them get in trouble with the law.

The only exceptions are Jonathan and Giorno. Jonathan fights Dio with the law, Giorno bribes them away.

Genryu

Banned
A neat thing I've always liked:

Josuke beats up cops with cola, Jotaro is in jail, Josuke gets jumped by cops, Jolyne is in jail big time, Johnny fights the government, Gappy has to evade the law when people plant drugs on him. All of them get in trouble with the law.

The only exceptions are Jonathan and Giorno. Jonathan fights Dio with the law, Giorno bribes them away.

Isn't Jotaro technically not in trouble with the law? Didn't he put himself in jail? Or was he in jail and just wasn't leaving.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I just knew one of them would be G Gundam.
Oh my god.
tumblr_n4u8vaA81c1sp5mbyo1_500.jpg

Amuro would be a lame stand user

JayEH

The new translations for VA have been interesting, especially in regards to how Giorno's character is presented and perceived. Mista's lines about how Giorno is sort of the pathfinder, the one who guides the others towards their goals, was really cool. There isn't really a JoJo before him that does that. Jonathan just follows Zeppeli's lead, takes on his will and charges forward, Joseph does whatever the fuck he wants, Jotaro is pretty much along for the crazy ride trying to get his job done and Josuke just hangs with his buddies and helps catch serial killers.

So, we see Giorno has the calm head and good crisis thinking that the other JoJo's have, but he's more akin to Part 4 Jotaro. He comes to the front lines when it is needed, but he works with his team and tries to make sure everyone has the right chance at the right time to turn the tables. Giorno/Mista vs Ghiaccio is (where the line from Mista is from) was really good about it, but you see it elsewhere, like right after with Bruno's first meeting with the boss, with the ladybug brooch.

So what I'm saying is Part 5 is dope and Giorno is cool.

he acts as dio's son should. only fighting when he absolutely needs to but also acts like how jonathan should where he actually cares about those he fights with.

Kthulhu

Its simple, Diavolo pauses time, goes into the 5th dimension, splices off 10 seconds of time, watches what happens, tosses it out, connects the two pieces back together into a single timeline, goes back reality, and resumes time. Time plays out as if point A was immediately followed by point C, and period B never happens, which causes everything to just teleport around.

You just made me more confused as to how it works. I kinda hope I never fully understand, it makes for better jokes.

Wait so Dio's son isn't a dick?

Not Giorno. His other sons are losers that have cool stands though.

Part 5 is going to be censored so much. Everyone doesn't fuck around.

4 including giorno

literally dio if he was good. so still kind of a dick.
So pretty much stand users start behaving like Kira during the stand fights after DiU? Cause that's what it seems like since I heard Jolyne gets into some fucked up fights as well.

So pretty much stand users start behaving like Kira during the stand fights after DiU? Cause that's what it seems like since I heard Jolyne gets into some fucked up fights as well.

Part 4 is kind of the end of stand fights as funny little side adventures. It's full on kill or be killed.

tumblr_nlgky6tddt1s2kojso1_500.png

It was the best and you know it.

Probably. She is from Florida.
I love how they had to immediately get Jolyne out of Shonen Jump. Can't wait for her. "My Shonen protag? She's masturbating!" I do find it weird that there's pretty much only two sexually open Jojo's...sure as shit isn't Jotaro.

Kthulhu

I love how they had to immediately get Jolyne out of Shonen Jump. Can't wait for her. "My Shonen protag? She's masturbating!" I do find it weird that there's pretty much only two sexually open Jojo's...sure as shit isn't Jotaro.

At least we still got Jonny and his bug bite fetish.

cntr

Banned
Wait so Dio's son isn't a dick?
Imagine Dio, but chill and with Jonathan's sense of protecting the weak. That's Giorno. (He'll protect you only if you don't get in his way, though.)

I do find it weird that there's pretty much only two sexually open Jojo's...sure as shit isn't Jotaro.
Jolyne has a lot of parallels to Joseph, really. The main difference is where Joseph was ridiculously lucky, Jolyne is ridiculously unlucky.

snail arc was the best btw

Didn't they put Stone Ocean in a Seinen oriented magazine like a year after Stone Ocean came out?
Imagine Dio, but chill and with Jonathan's sense of protecting the weak. That's Giorno. (He'll protect you only if you don't get in his way, though.)

Jolyne has a lot of parallels to Joseph, really. The main difference is where Joseph was ridiculously lucky, Jolyne is ridiculously unlucky.

snail arc was the best btw
So pretty much he'll be your friend until say for instance you two are competing over a random 5$ bill you found on the street and then he's most likely going to kill you over it? I'm honestly looking forward to a more complicated version of Joseph, helps that I actually do like female protags as well. I also like how it seems like Araki didn't try to weaken her to make her more feminine or anything either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom