• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure that Koichi gets so much focus because Araki was using him as an experiment to learn character development.
Was he a guinea pig for later cast and Jojo relationships? Cause from what I can gleam here they kind of do the same thing in Part 5 and 7 is it?

cntr

Banned
Giorno and Buccellati's gang are pretty stable as a characters too, but Jolyne, Johnny, Gyro, and Gappy are character developing up the wazoo.

Eh, after SHA, pretty much there's only 3 character to follow, Josuke, Rohan, Kira..

actually yeah, i guess that's true

hayato also gets a lot of focus as well later on

I'm pretty sure that Koichi gets so much focus because Araki was using him as an experiment to learn character development.

this would actually make a lot of sense

Giorno and Buccellati's gang are pretty stable as a characters too, but Jolyne, Johnny, Gyro, and Gappy are character developing up the wazoo.

it's definitely due to the shit translation, but Giorno is the most boring JoJo out of the bunch, excluding Jonathan

i'm sure rereading the good translation when it's done will change my mind about Giorno

Buccellati is cool though, and he has the best stand in part 5

I don't think I phrased that right. I guess how I think they seem to develop the main character by developing a side character as well or something. You're more of a Jojo pro than I am.

I don't think I phrased that right. I guess how I think they seem to develop the main character by developing a side character as well or something. You're more of a Jojo pro than I am.

eh Buccellati and Giorno don't really have a "bro" relationship, it's more just like a large amount of mutual respect, but their relationship does serve to develop both characters I guess. The Johnny/Gyro relationship does serve to develop both characters, mostly Johnny, to a great degree though.

cntr

Banned
Buccelatti and Giorno's relationship is pretty unique and doesn't fit into any Jojo archetypes. Mista's clearly the jojobro, though

Johnny/Gyro is Araki's retake on Jonathan/Zeppeli relationship, a guy who lacks self-confidence with a more experienced but self-doubtful mentor. With some Joseph/Caesar-style banter mixed in.

Giorno/Buccellati is weird to describe yeah. Sometimes Giorno is this shining inspiration for the rest of the cast to keep going.

But then you get panels where The Boss gets mentioned, and Bruno is terrified because Giorno has this death glare and Bruno knows he wants to kill the boss.

Buccelatti and Giorno's relationship is pretty unique and doesn't fit into any Jojo archetypes. Mista's clearly the jojobro, though

Johnny/Gyro is Araki's retake on Jonathan/Zeppeli relationship, a guy who lacks self-confidence with a more experienced but self-doubtful mentor. With some Joseph/Caesar-style banter mixed in.
Well given Gyro's last name that whole thing makes sense. I like Koichi though. He's been interesting from the beginning, but I guess he's more of a unique Jojo side character then.

Johhny/Gyro actually seems to me like a retake on the Joseph/Caesar relationship with Jonathan/Will mixed in. idk I think of them more as bros than as mentor/student

Buccelati bit off way more than he could chew, so he's glad to have Giorno as someone he doesn't need to act like an infallible leader to, but he's also constantly pressured by Giorno and his aims. It's weird.

also have some of Jotaro's thoughts

man part 3 would have been so good if Jotaro was one of those characters who looks like a punk but is actually just really weird and trying to fit in

cntr

Banned
Yeah, but Araki said it in an interview. He thought Jonathan/Zeppeli would've had an interesting relationship and wanted to do it properly, and mixed in Joseph/Caesar to add goofiness and make them friends.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I haven't read DiU in awhile but I recall being a bit disappointed at how little Koichi ended up doing---like doesn't he just help a bit during Highway Star and that's it?

Yeah, but Araki said it in an interview. He thought Jonathan/Zeppeli would've had an interesting relationship and wanted to do it properly, and mixed in Joseph/Caesar to add goofiness and make them friends.

oh yeah i know you're right, that's just my personal read on it

I hope the anime changes Cheap Trick's and the 'My Dad is not my dad' arc placement because man, was that weird.

It feels like Araki was all set to go straight into Bites the Dust and then SHITSHITSHIT ROHAN NEEDS A REASON TO LOOK FOR HAYATO.

that's exactly what he is though. he's a mama's boy putting on a tough guy act.

eh im not sure i buy that haha, but i would love it if it was true. Jotaro is too stoic to get a good read on his inner thoughts, but I didn't start reading the manga until part 4 so idk if he's any different at all.

also Araki should have taken the opportunity to make Jotaro a dad who constantly barrages Jolyne with dad jokes instead of an absent father

i guess i just wish Jotaro was super goofy all the time lol

Squishy3

When you actually think about it Kira really does have a loose parallel with Dexter, although in terms of actual behavior he's much closer to Patrick Bateman.

Both have dads that went to extreme lengths to protect their lifestyle (In Dexter's case teaching him the code to only kill people that escaped the justice system) while Kira's dad fully embraced his murderous tendencies and protects him even after death. Looking forward to Josuke getting assaulted by a phone next episode.

Genryu

Banned
So kind of out of nowhere, I just found out that in the Capcom JoJo game Heritage for the Future, you can enter someone else's stopped time if you're playing as a character that can also stop time.

I've played this game for so long and I never knew that, huh.

Madao

i don't know if it has been brought up already but one thing i thought would be cool is if they reset Voice Actors once the universe reset happens in the anime and we get VAs from earlier Jojo parts in Part 7 and 8 again.

there's already Dio and Diego having the same VA but this would be a good excuse to let that and others happen with a reason. of course, not too obvious ones but it'd be nice.

cntr

Banned
Diego's like the anti-villain version of Dio.

Like when Diego dies, he accepts his fate and dies with peace. That's absolutely not Dio.
(Major Part 7 spoiler, so maybe don't read)

Astral

What's the likely episode list look like now? Either they messed up the title again or Atom Heart Father is gonna be one part. Kira's new life is after that but they can't really make that an entire episode and can't combine it with the cat chapter.

Yonafunu

What's the likely episode list look like now? Either they messed up the title again or Atom Heart Father is gonna be one part. Kira's new life is after that but they can't really make that an entire episode and can't combine it with the cat chapter.

Either they'll have half of the episode be Kira's New Life and the other half RPS, or maybe they'll push back Kira's New Life to directly before Stray Cat.

Who knows.

Squishy3

Kira's New Life would just be at the beginning of RPS Kid, making RPS Kid a two-parter and throwing Kira's New Life Part 2 at the end of the second episode (because it ends with Yoshihiro trying to pierce Mikitaka with the arrow)

You guys think they'll merge the brief look we get of Kira's life that we get at the end of Atom Heart Father or will they keep that a cliffhanger?

Breads

Banned
Either they'll have half of the episode be Kira's New Life and the other half RPS, or maybe they'll push back Kira's New Life to directly before Stray Cat.

Who knows.

You really think it's going to be a two parter? My money is on RPS kid being a one-er.

Thud

One episode:

U361Fga.jpg

Doesn't specify part 1 in Japanese. Which they did with SHA

And Kira wants to live quietly (just not in english):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom