• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
I really doubt they'll move New Life to before Stray Cat. It'd mess up the time scale, and more importantly, they need to reveal Kira's new face and the Kawajiris before showing the new OP. Otherwise it'd be kind of weird.

Betting on RPS Kid being a two-parter, too.

Squishy3

I really doubt they'll move New Life to before Stray Cat. It'd mess up the time scale, and more importantly, they need to reveal Kira's new face and the Kawajiris before showing the new OP. Otherwise it'd be kind of weird.

Betting on RPS Kid being a two-parter, too.
Kira's New Life being moved to the end of RPS Kid Part 2 would make total sense because the second chapter leads directly into Mikitaka.

cntr

Banned
Yeah, it's probably going to be that.

but on the other hand, going from Kira to HARDCORE RPS in the middle of part 1 would be amazing

fertygo

I hope David Pro can justify this the greatest comic page of all time a justice

1ckgtTV.jpg

come on, made it a intro before abruptly cut to the OP

Weiss

Banned
So is Eyes of Heaven a good game? It looks kinda bare bones but apparently folks are having fun with it. The roster looks incredible, at least.

Wish I had gotten into ASB when I had the chance.

D-Man

EoH is fine. Not the best game, but it's nowhere near bad. It's a game made for people who love JoJo and it gets the job done. I do want a legitimate competitive JoJo fighter someday, but games like ASB and EoH get their job done and I love 'em for it.

Just give me Heritage for the Future 2 and I'll be content.

I don't care if we switch to 3D models, or if Pet Shop is still ridiculous, or if it's all about part 3 again, I just need a competitive JoJo fighter.
can we include part 5 and 6 tho

JayEH

Sad but true story: I started really getting into Jojo like a couple of hours before the capcom fighting game got delisted. I found out the next day it was gone. Still haven't forgiven myself.

cntr

Banned
Picture this: Jotaro is sitting calmly in his office writing a paper on starfish, its raining and he feels something is off, he looks out the window and notices what's wrong: the drops aren't falling. They are completely still, someone who is somewhere else on earth has stopped time and Jotaro doesn't know who or why. I would pay some good money for a one off on that premise.
from reddit

So going off the bad poster's complaining in the anime OT, what IS the funniest JoJo part? I think maybe 4? followed by 6 and probably 7. I think 1 is mostly unintentionally funny by way of how serious it takes itself, but 3 is when the series really develops a sense of humor.

Part 6 has some of the funniest bits though
"Where is Mickey?? It ain't Disney without Mickey!"

Bohemian Rhapsody in general I guess

Jolyne spoiling Sixth Sense

Jolyne and Ermes throwing shit at alligators and shittalking them

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
So going off the bad poster's complaining in the anime OT, what IS the funniest JoJo part? I think maybe 4? followed by 6 and probably 7. I think 1 is mostly unintentionally funny by way of how serious it takes itself, but 3 is when the series really develops a sense of humor.

Part 6 has some of the funniest bits though
"Where is Mickey?? It ain't Disney without Mickey!"

Bohemian Rhapsody in general I guess

Jolyne spoiling Sixth Sense

Jolyne and Ermes throwing shit at alligators and shittalking them

I would say Diamond, Stone Ocean, then Vento Aureo.

I would say Diamond, Stone Ocean, then Vento Aureo.
I'd have to agree.

Sad but true story: I started really getting into Jojo like a couple of hours before the capcom fighting game got delisted. I found out the next day it was gone. Still haven't forgiven myself.
I remember trying to find the PlayStation game because I had seen ads for the OVA in Newtype, and I was curious. I could have sworn I saw it at a FYE as one of those $20 games they sold in blister packing, but I never found it.

I wonder if I could have gotten into the series sooner if I had? On the other hand, becoming a fan last year meant I had a much better translation for several parts ready to go.

Baha

Can anybody who owns some of the jojonium volumes tell me how they handle musical references? Do they use the ASB names?

Can anybody who owns some of the jojonium volumes tell me how they handle musical references? Do they use the ASB names?

I think the English JoJonium releases have only finished up to Battle Tendency, so there aren't many musical references right now. The biggest changes would just be using the Japanese romanizations, like with the Pillar Men. So Esidisi and Wamuu, and such.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Man I forgot a lot of the early stuff from Part 7 like the Boom Boom Family and the cow corpse surfing.

You probably forgot about the Boom Boom Family because they're terrible, annoying characters.

"You're stupid, son, just like your mom. She was a prostitute by the way."
"I thought she was a stork though, do I look like a stork, dad"
"shut up, son"

Kthulhu

You probably forgot about the Boom Boom Family because they're terrible, annoying characters.

"You're stupid, son, just like your mom. She was a prostitute by the way."
"I thought she was a stork though, do I look like a stork, dad"
"shut up, son"

You say they're terrible and then quote the best line they have.

JayEH

Which is why it frustrates me so much that we may have to wait for it to finish before we get Diamond.

Yeah would be nice to have official English release of 4 first since we've had the 3 release for like a decade now. I would still want the jojonium for 3 of course but I feel it could have been put on the back burner for a bit.

Johnny's development over the course of part 7 is probably one of the best stories of character development I've read in all of JoJo. I think very highly of part 7 just because of Johnny's (and Gyro's) growth.

imo that's where Araki's writing really peaked when it came to writing characters

Yeah would be nice to have official English release of 4 first since we've had the 3 release for like a decade now. I would still want the jojonium for 3 of course but I feel it could have been put on the back burner for a bit.
Yes, exactly. We could get maybe parts 4&5 within three years, but instead we get more Stardust Crusaders. :/

I think the chances are fairly high we'll get up to part 6. I don't think the chances are high we'll get SBR. Aside from the length, DP doesn't have the budget to do it justice.

Weiss

Banned
Yes, exactly. We could get maybe parts 4&5 within three years, but instead we get more Stardust Crusaders. :/

Mostly it'd just be nice if these things had quicker releases. Apart from the fact that Phantom Blood sucks, the sheer size of JoJo turned me off of collecting the JoJonium volumes.

D-Man

I never got the impression that Johnny was an asshole. Dude has been through some tough shit ("God, you took the wrong son" is still one of the harshest things I've ever read in fiction) and is willing to risk others for his ambition, but he was never an asshole, IMO.

Jotaro in Part 3 was much more of an asshole than Johnny ever was.

JayEH

Johnny just has an inferiority complex. He was never an asshole he was just a bit jerkish to try to live up to his brother and unfortunately it cost him his legs.

Thud

Mostly it'd just be nice if these things had quicker releases. Apart from the fact that Phantom Blood sucks, the sheer size of JoJo turned me off of collecting the JoJonium volumes.

Only Part 1-3 are available as JoJonium releases. You can just collect the four battle tendency volumes and call it quits.

The English volumes are released according to a 3 monthly schedule so the last volume of stardust crusaders will have an estimate of February 2019.

Part 5 anime should be over by then.

Ezalc

I never got the impression that Johnny was an asshole. Dude has been through some tough shit ("God, you took the wrong son" is still one of the harshest things I've ever read in fiction) and is willing to risk others for his ambition, but he was never an asshole, IMO.

Jotaro in Part 3 was much more of an asshole than Johnny ever was.

Never said he didn't have a good reason for it, Jotaro being a giant dick is one of the reasons he's one of my most disliked Jojos. Doesn't help that I tend to dislike stoic characters as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom