• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I was wondering why Josuke wasn't around part 6 but then I realized they didn't want to bother the kid in Morioh

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I like the josuke scrubbing scene.
362.gif

JayEH

Caught up with the new translation of 5. Damn, I should have waited because now I'll have to wait months for it to finish lol.

Araki got all experimental with his visuals in part 7.

The flame eyes, the little pictures in the speech bubbles, and that weird thing where he would draw characters during intense moments with no details.

I've been thinking of re-reading Jojo for awhile now, especially the older parts since the anime has kind of overtaken the manga in my head.

If I do I'll probably post my part impressions here.

Squishy3

Parts 1 2 and 3 are pretty simplistic so you can still remember a lot of the context for everything, but basically everything onwards really lends itself well to it because they're longer and he has his concepts really nailed down.

Still waiting for the retranslation to be done before rereading part 5 though.

I also posted an excerpt from this in the anime thread but forgot to link it in here for the people who are able to read it.

https://wavemotioncannon.com/2016/09/07/hirohiko-araki-a-bizarre-authors-profile/

How much do the later part characters spend on make up?

They need to be fabulous.

I normally stay out of here to avoid any part 8 spoilers, as I'm waiting for that to be done before diving into it, but I finally got my girlfriend to watch some JoJo, which she had been dreading. Needless to say, in two days we're already up to the fight with Santana (SANTVIENO!?). She's loving it.

Also, I noticed that Part 1 of the anime came out in 2012, which gives me hope that she'll be able to enjoy master hype Stone Ocean before we get old and wither.

They need to be fabulous.

I normally stay out of here to avoid any part 8 spoilers, as I'm waiting for that to be done before diving into it, but I finally got my girlfriend to watch some JoJo, which she had been dreading. Needless to say, in two days we're already up to the fight with Santana (SANTVIENO!?). She's loving it.

Also, I noticed that Part 1 of the anime came out in 2012, which gives me hope that she'll be able to enjoy master hype Stone Ocean before we get old and wither.
She'll probably love Part 4, I hope she can endure Part 3 though. What'd she think of Phantom Blood? And yeah...I need to see Jolyne animated, she just sounds badass.

She'll probably love Part 4, I hope she can endure Part 3 though. What'd she think of Phantom Blood? And yeah...I need to see Jolyne animated, she just sounds badass.

Jolyne is the beeeeest. I love her stand. Starts off seeming so lame, but she finds so many badass ways to use it.

We went in with me telling her that Part 1 wasn't the best, and towards the end she's like "What are you talking about this is awesome". Then Joseph showed up and she's like "Oh that's why".

cntr

Banned
tbh, I only dislike SDC until the Justice fight. Then it's good.

Stone Free was awesome as soon as it punched through bars.

Jolyne is the beeeeest. I love her stand. Starts off seeming so lame, but she finds so many badass ways to use it.

We went in with me telling her that Part 1 wasn't the best, and towards the end she's like "What are you talking about this is awesome". Then Joseph showed up and she's like "Oh that's why".
I honestly think of Part 1 as Dio's the main character so that's why I like it so much. Joesph is cool though, side characters don't start getting good till Part 4 though.
tbh, I only dislike SDC until the Justice fight. Then it's good.

Stone Free was awesome as soon as it punched through bars.
I really do just need to rewatch this part though. As I said it's got some really good moments, just has horrible pacing though from what I remember.

Thud

It's more about showing the connections between Jonathan and Dio. How they influence each other is what makes Phantom Blood fun. The origin story.

Then you have subsequent parts that heavily expand on the stories, fights and characters. So it gets more layers, thus more interesting. That Part 2 and Part 3 build on Part 1 is to me at least a reason why these parts are so good. Without Part 1, I would have less incentive to care. I think it's a very important part, even though it's clearly the weakest one.

It's more about showing the connections between Jonathan and Dio. How they influence each other is what makes Phantom Blood fun. The origin story.

Then you have subsequent parts that heavily expand on the stories, fights and characters. So it gets more layers, thus more interesting. That Part 2 and Part 3 build on Part 1 is to me at least a reason why these parts are so good. Without Part 1, I would have less incentive to care. I think it's a very important part, even though it's clearly the weakest one.

Yeah definitely. Initially I was going to start her off on Part 4, since I had already explained Stands and such, but when she asked about Jotaro it was like WELP HERE WE GO.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I really do just need to rewatch this part though. As I said it's got some really good moments, just has horrible pacing though from what I remember.

I'd never say SDC is a well-paced story, but after rereading it I'm not as bothered with the pacing in the manga. David Pro double ep'd a few too many arcs for my taste.

I'd never say SDC is a well-paced story, but after rereading it I'm not as bothered with the pacing in the manga. David Pro double ep'd a few too many arcs for my taste.
Probably one of the only two parters I enjoyed was Steely Dan. You needed to see how much of a douche bag he was just so him getting Ora'd for two minute felt appropriate. Probably Alessi might be one of my least favorites though, most of Polnareff's actually...maybe...probably doesn't help that Polnareff is my least favorite character because Avdol had to die twice for his idiocy and Iggy got sliced in half for him.
Yeah I agree, Part 3 is a better manga than anime. Doesn't help that it isn't amazingly animated either.
Which is weird cause DP has done such great jobs with Parts 1,2 and 4. Last half of SDC or at leas the last quarter is fine enough, but oy it just felt like a slog.

cntr

Banned
Most likely, Shueisha and/or WB decided SDC would get 48 episodes because of its popularity, and handed that many episodes to David Pro. And they just had to deal with it.

Most likely, Shueisha and/or WB decided SDC would get 48 episodes because of its popularity, and handed that many episodes to David Pro. And they just had to deal with it.
I'd actually just prefer better canon pacing and maybe some more Dio filler over the "every mook stand user gets 2 eps" route they did. Who wouldn't want to see the adventures of Dio and Pet Shop with Pet Shop perched on his shoulder wrecking shit or just getting more people to join him?

Would read a chapter where Joseph and Ceaser learn to drive a car.
It takes place in the 1930s, meaning they get to drive some old-fashioned Model T shit too.

Imagine Hamon-powered cars.
Why isn't ACDC purple?

JoJo characters don't really have canon colors, it varies on the medium. This was really evident in the games where everyone has like a dozen color options that are all equally valid, so you could have pink-haired DIO and it would be perfectly acceptable.

You adapt to it when you have to deal with Koichi dyeing his hair every appearance, and the colored comics taking their own approach to things.

I still don't know what Jolyne's colors are supposed to be, let alone everyone else in part 6 >_>
My favorite Jolyne colors are the ones I saw used for her in Stone Ocean x Neon Genesis Evangelion video and the cover where she has orange hair. I made damn fucking sure to post Jotaro fan art in that thread.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Part 1 & 2. They said they might air Part 3 depending on the ratings, but considering how requested the show was & the fact it's airing at midnight, it should do just fine & it's more a matter if they'll air SDC right after Part 2 or wait a bit for Viz to finish up the dub. It'll be replacing One Punch Man next month, & that show has always had over a million viewers each week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom